• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Zero Suit Samus*

IrisKong

Smash Lord
The Fight Is....Still On!

$Zero Suit Samus$

The chick has a very unique move set with a crazy whip and a Dsmash that stuns and leads into KO'd. Her armor pieces can lead to alot of damage and even an early kill the first stock. That combo'd with her great air game make her an interesting opponent, but her bad short hop and her ability to be gimped give us an edge, thoughts?

MU %-

ZSS Pros/Cons-

Pit Pros/Cons-

Stages to ban/strike-

I hope these MU threads help us as a community, contribute!

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I suppose Ill start.

I think Pit has this matchup pretty solid.

We can out camp her, we have a better recovery, we can reflect/glide toss armor pieces and we have a great gimp game. If you are going under the stage to recover, watch out for Dsmash, it hits under alot of levels and will usually result in a level spike from a Bair. ZSS has a beast air game but its fairly easy to see coming and she has a garbage short hop. As far as levels, her best is Lylat and PS1 (i think) and her worst by far is japes. Since japes isnt legal everywhere, Im not sure what else you would take her to, frigate maybe?

I will think of more info later, just thought I would get the discussion going.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I think the MU is even.

We beat you in the air.
You barely beat us on the ground. (Lots of your moves have ending lag, which we will punish.)
We go even offstage.
Neither of us can edgeguard the other very well.
We have a slightly harder time killing you.

Our combos are better. Beware that one d-smash can lead to ~50% if you Di the followups the way we want.
Shielding is amazng vs. ZSS, since our grab is terrible, but that doesn't mean it's a 100% safe answer. ZSS shield-pressures quite well.

I'll go into detail more if you guys ask.
50:50

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I think the MU is even.

We beat you in the air.
You barely beat us on the ground. (Lots of your moves have ending lag, which we will punish.)
We go even offstage.
Neither of us can edgeguard the other very well.
We have a slightly harder time killing you.

Our combos are better. Beware that one d-smash can lead to ~50% if you Di the followups the way we want.
Shielding is amazng vs. ZSS, since our grab is terrible, but that doesn't mean it's a 100% safe answer. ZSS shield-pressures quite well.

I'll go into detail more if you guys ask.
50:50
Thanks for posting, Nick! its nice to have a really good ZSS put his opinion in.

I will say I dont think that it is even, its in our favor, though I dont think its anything like 70-30, maybe 55-45 or 60-40 only because of our ability to camp you and harass you off stage. Your combos are better, I totally agree, but we can play a pretty good keep away game and do kill a bit easier than you, especially with offstage arrow harass. Would you agree about the stages I picked? Where would you take a pit? Do you really think we go even off stage? I think we could just glide under you or other mix ups that are harder for ZSS to get rid off. I know ZSS has almost the same running speed as our Woi, but we dont always have to go under the level, we can mix it up, I dont think ZSS has as many options as we do off stage. please keep it up, I appreciate it!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Thanks for posting, Nick! its nice to have a really good ZSS put his opinion in.

I will say I dont think that it is even, its in our favor, though I dont think its anything like 70-30, maybe 55-45 or 60-40 only because of our ability to camp you and harass you off stage. Your combos are better, I totally agree, but we can play a pretty good keep away game and do kill a bit easier than you, especially with offstage arrow harass.

Would you agree about the stages I picked? Where would you take a pit? In this MU, I feel like neither character has any particular advantage. Out best levels are Brinstar/BF, so we'd probably take you there.

Do you really think we go even off stage? I think we could just glide under you or other mix ups that are harder for ZSS to get rid off. I know ZSS has almost the same running speed as our Woi, but we dont always have to go under the level, we can mix it up, I dont think ZSS has as many options as we do off stage.What I meant was that neither of us can really edgeguard the other. You shoot an arrow at us and we just AD it, and grab the edge. Our tether is ********, and our double jump is the fastest/highest in the game. Put that together with our down-b, which was invulnerability startup and the ability to footstool INVULNERABLE CHARACTERS HOLDING THE EDGE and Pit just doesn't have the options to KO us like that. Likewise, Pit's excellent recovery mixup makes it near impossible for us to edgeguard him either.

please keep it up, I appreciate it!
There you go.
Also, I still think it's even. XD
I should get some newer matches vs. Danny and R@vyn, and put them online.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Thats because we space you with it lol .
I personaly don't know anything about the Pit mu. Don't know why I'm here anyway.

50/50 Looks solid tough.
You could go SV because you can easily plank there from side to side and you can platform camp.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
50:50 is too low,
I have more trouble with samus.

Zss Is too light, making pits arsenal send her flying, not even including a deadly smash at 120 ish

Bair > tether(s)

Pit gimps your recovery before you can use it eg: second jump. Arrow evaded to a fair or just take the arrow.

50%+ chain grab from falco is more likely to happen and yet the matchup is still 50:50.
Dsmash combo is less likely to happen.

Side B PSed to dash attack is always great, since Zss doesn't have a good aerial to punish it.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
When youre trying to gimp us we can just use our Flip Kick. If you don't do it right you will even be spike't.
ZSS has good shieldpressuring and great arials.

2 Down Smashes is enough damage already, and Down Smash comes out Quick and is also pretty safe on block. Pit has alot of lag after its smashes so If wo do it right we can get in a Down Smash after it. (Down Smashes range is more, it looks like, taken that Pit doesn't have to much floating hitboxeds around his smashes).

If we do a reatreting Forwaird B it won't be so easy to Bair it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pit cannot gimp a ZSS player with a brain reliably. If you hit her with an arrow while she's snapping side-b it can be pretty hilarious though.

Top Bottom