• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Video Spotlight

Zero Suit Samus Video Spotlight

K.Pichi

Smash Rookie
K.Pichi submitted a new guide:

Zero Suit Samus Video Spotlight - A nice little tutorial for my ZSS and up and coming streamer!

Hello guys welcome to my amateur ZSS spotlight video (link only). I am also an up and coming streamer! I made a pledge to make tutorial AND COMBO video for all my fav characters every week or so!

I ask the video game & smash community to show me support, spread the love, and criticsm. Please dont hold anything back! If I mumble too much tell me, if I make an incorrect statement please tell me.

Ps.

I love you all and Nintendo
cheers, Karmaboii :4zss::4littlemac:
Read more about this guide...

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I stopped watching at the intro, but the changed my mind to give it a chance.

It's not a very good guide.

K.Pichi

Smash Rookie
no be as harsh as possible! I need as much feed back for the future!

_gold_

Smash Master
no be as harsh as possible! I need as much feed back for the future!
Well, you said in your video that ZSS's side-B move wasn't all that great. It has lag, but it's an excellent spacer, and I use it all the time.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Well, you said in your video that ZSS's side-B move wasn't all that great. It has lag, but it's an excellent spacer, and I use it all the time.
I disagree with you there its hard to be a good spacer when the opponent can just sheild run up and punish before you get out of end lag. ZSS has much better spacing moves like nair and Zair.

Last edited:

K.Pichi

Smash Rookie
A better spacer is short hop *tether. I just have so much mixed feeling about side B!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Zair is literally the worst move in the game.

Crioca

Smash Rookie
Zair is literally the worst move in the game.
Really? What makes it so bad? I've just started it using it as a way of punishing characters that use jump as part of their zoning pattern...

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
As for spacing with side b, you can mix it up by grabing if they keep shielding and punishing.
Its also good for catching rolls, landings, and a possible landing option with be reversals.

The zair is good, you can zone people from a distance and if they do get in, you can mix up with nair or side b to get them away.
Its great for getting past luma against rosalina since it travels past luma. Same goes for pikmin spaming olimar, a zoning link, egg tossing yoshi.

You can zone very effectively by using retreating zairs, occasionally mixing up between side b, paralyzer, nair, fair

Sh zair combos into dash attack, or grab
You can pop someone up with dtilt and combo into zair.
On the ledge, you can drop down, double jump, zair to get back on stage

You just gotta usel your tools in the right manner.

Top Bottom