• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus' Frame Data - 3.02

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Oh I gotcha now, I'm just going to silently assume they did that to make it so enemies bounce up at the right distance to chain with her dair. I love those new hurtboxes.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
ZSS's fsmash is really good, actually. Aero. It's good mixup.anti-approach. It can be used for low% kills off DI away on nair/uair at around ~50% vs a decent chunk of the cast. As an edgeguard, it's long enough that spaced bair can't even be punished by a perfect ledgedash. There are also niche situations where a charged fsmash is better than a sweet spotted bair off a paralyzer hit.

I can't count the number of times I've gotten a nair around 40~50% to an fsmash vs most of the vast, or a fj uair > land on platform > fsmash follow up on platformed stages.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Lol wow I thought PM was completely dead right now. Well a tech is anytime you're launched and right as you hit a wall/ceiling/stage you press the shield button to either roll or instantly stand in place with I-frames. So that section is referring to your moves when you either do what I just mentioned or are tripped.

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
Lol wow I thought PM was completely dead right now. Well a tech is anytime you're launched and right as you hit a wall/ceiling/stage you press the shield button to either roll or instantly stand in place with I-frames. So that section is referring to your moves when you either do what I just mentioned or are tripped.
Ahh okay thanks. And tripping? i thought that was only a brawl thing.

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
3.5 frame data here

I copied and pasted your data into word, and filled in the data from the 3.5 changelog.
My changes to the graphs are where there is red ink.
My additions to the special notes are marked with '(3.5)' in front of each bit.

In the process, I noticed that in the move properties section you called plasma whip plasma wire on accident.
You also don't have throw damage/etc.

One thing is, I can't get brawlbox to display her hitboxes. It glitches out when I try to open the moveset. Is that just a thing about her?

Also, it looks like Sartron has the gifs on his longterm agenda, but I'm willing to learn how to make them, and if I can get good enough at making them, maybe I could take that task off him? I dunno tho, coz it'll probly take me a while to find the time to learn.

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
no its not. the easiest way to tell is because they still have her grab data as her old tether grab.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
not on smashboards im guessing. This is proabably where it would be. Honestly, the only things in terms of frame data (like, the actually startup, duration, endlag frames of the moves) that are different here are her grab, which is now active on frames 7 and 8, and FAF is on 30. also her blaster, which is now active on 18, and FAF on 37. im pretty sure thats it.

what IS very different though is certain KB scalings and BKBs. things like nair, fair, jab, side b, up b, upsmash, and any throw data are different here than what they currently are. you probably arent too concerned with those though, but in case you are, know that theyre different.

you can also always use debug mode for raw frame data.

Last edited:

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
G13_Flux G13_Flux Hahah, I'm actually a little bit of a frame data geek but those things aren't as important as advantage on hit/shield or launch angle, since you can always feel it out. I know her angles for throws have been changed a lot and I'd like to know the exact angles. These ZSS boards seem super dead right now eh?

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
heh, yeah unfortunately.
Just when I'm finally taking the character seriously, bringing my ZSS out of friendlies and into tournament. Sigh. I've been making playlists of what little ZSS vids there are on Youtube and analyzing them, but I don't have anyone more knowledgeable to actually talk about it with. :/

Top Bottom