• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Zero Suit Samus for Dummies (IN PROGRESS)

TurdyBird

Smash Rookie
NNID
turdybird14
TurdyBird submitted a new guide:

Zero Suit Samus for Dummies - Complete Guide to Zero Suit Samus

Zero Suit Samus for Dummies

Preview:
Zero Suit Samus is a very nimble character with fast attacks that require skill and precision. ZSS is not only very attractive but also well equipped for battle with a fairly well rounded kit providing exciting and balanced game play....
Read more about this guide...

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
What do you mean about the best recovery in the game? Her tether is good and all, but it isn't the best

TurdyBird

Smash Rookie
NNID
turdybird14
What do you mean about the best recovery in the game? Her tether is good and all, but it isn't the best
She has one of the highest double jumps in the game and her flip kick (Down B), along with the tether to the ledge. Very good recovery in my opinion.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
She has one of the highest double jumps in the game and her flip kick (Down B), along with the tether to the ledge. Very good recovery in my opinion.
I would say it's within the top 5, but not number one. Maybe it's the best recovery in the top 3 imo

TurdyBird

Smash Rookie
NNID
turdybird14
I said it's arguably the best. She can recover vertically and horizontally very well while also being able to counter attack...
I'm currently in the process of collecting data on ALL match ups and all stages as well. I've got school at the moment so it may be a while before this is completely finished. But thanks for checking it out so far :D

Last edited:

CoolCove

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolCove
3DS FC
0103-9962-4793
Nice ZSS guide man! I main ZSS myself and this is very well explained and written!

Last edited:

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
Noice guide so far. I just want to give u some info for the stages and match ups, halberd is her best stage imo because of the super low ceiling. battlefield and dreamland second, and sville and town and city third. i don't feel like zss does her best on the other stages.

For match ups, sheik is definitely her hardest (35-65). sheik has better combos and damage racking ability, but zss can kill at insanely early percents with the elevator combo. sheik does have needles, which forces u to approach. zss also doesn't have any "get out of combo moves" such as mario's up b, villager's nair, ...

Rosalina is 55-45. the only reason why i say this is because while zss can kill rosalina early and hit rosalina hard, luma can stage spike u when u try to use ur tether recovery and rosalina can kill really early on halberd.

Zss dominates luigi

Pikachu can be a bit difficult, because pikachu can combo u hard and the quick attack isn't easy to deal with as zss. Zss does have her combos tho 50-50 or 45-55

TurdyBird

Smash Rookie
NNID
turdybird14
Noice guide so far. I just want to give u some info for the stages and match ups, halberd is her best stage imo because of the super low ceiling. battlefield and dreamland second, and sville and town and city third. i don't feel like zss does her best on the other stages.

For match ups, sheik is definitely her hardest (35-65). sheik has better combos and damage racking ability, but zss can kill at insanely early percents with the elevator combo. sheik does have needles, which forces u to approach. zss also doesn't have any "get out of combo moves" such as mario's up b, villager's nair, ...

Rosalina is 55-45. the only reason why i say this is because while zss can kill rosalina early and hit rosalina hard, luma can stage spike u when u try to use ur tether recovery and rosalina can kill really early on halberd.

Zss dominates luigi

Pikachu can be a bit difficult, because pikachu can combo u hard and the quick attack isn't easy to deal with as zss. Zss does have her combos tho 50-50 or 45-55
Out of all her matchups against high/s tiers, I have to say Luigi is the easiest

David Viran

Smash Lord

Zss dominates luigi

Sheik is more like 40/60 or 45/55 imo. Sheik does have needles but for the most part we do still outrange sheik. We also out damage her so we trade favorably. ZSS does have a combo breaker in flip jump, intangible from frame 3-12.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
Oh ok so zss does have a combo breaker. I didnt know cause im a huge sheik main with zss as a pocket so im dont know the best about zss just a general idea

TurdyBird

Smash Rookie
NNID
turdybird14
Oh ok so zss does have a combo breaker. I didnt know cause im a huge sheik main with zss as a pocket so im dont know the best about zss just a general idea
Sorta in a sense, her first jab comes out frame 1 but it's very situational. Not great range but you can use that and her flip jump out of combos as well.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
but i still think sheik vs zss is 35-65 or 40-60 from my knowledge and results of this matchup. maybe i can push it to 45-55 but i think 40-60 is a good spot

TurdyBird

Smash Rookie
NNID
turdybird14
I know this may be irrelevant, but can you honestly influence your victory screen? I thought it was totally random.
Yes you can!! I learned about this a while ago on the Smash Bros subreddit. Apparently it's been around a while too lmao

Top Bottom