• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero put mega man @42

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Word Mythzotick Mythzotick ! I knew he was high tier. its just nobody is good with him. Shoutout to Locke who I catched on stream playing a good set!
A shame that kame played like **** vs Allys Mario doing the wrong neutral. The last 2 games he switched to how I play the neutral vs Mario and Ally couldnt get in anymore. He should have won that last game imo. To bad but great result. What I wanna know is how kameme can connect bair on a standing still item thrown MB from a pretty far distance.....
Hopefully next time he'll know not to use leaf shield like that when he is trying to recover against a Mario as good as Ally.

At the end of the day though. We may have lost the battle today, but we won something far greater than EVO and that is waking everyone up on that Mega Man is a force to be reckoned with at a national level. :chuckle:

Also...

"He's making Mega Man look top tier out there. Which is crazy. We'll see how it goes at EVO. Maybe we have all been wrong about Mega Man. Who knows." ZeRo

Incoming video titled. "How good is Mega Man in the Meta Game?"

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man is very solid in todays meta. Sheik still worst MU. Mario at least even. Fox I dunno never played a Larry. Every other MU in our favor. Esp Cloud and other melee type of chars are with no chance vs MM.

Reecepect

Smash Rookie
The thing I love about MM is that he isn't a character you can just pick up and do well with, you need strong fundamentals, the ability to switch between zoning and being aggressive on the fly. I've been following kameme for a long time now and to see him get second at evo with MM no less is amazing, truly shows his potential. I also doubt we will see bandwagoners just because of how tough he is to use lol aint no pre patch bayo up in here. Also shout out to locke doing work on stream!

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
The thing I love about MM is that he isn't a character you can just pick up and do well with, you need strong fundamentals, the ability to switch between zoning and being aggressive on the fly. I've been following kameme for a long time now and to see him get second at evo with MM no less is amazing, truly shows his potential. I also doubt we will see bandwagoners just because of how tough he is to use lol aint no pre patch bayo up in here. Also shout out to locke doing work on stream!
If a bandwagon doesn't come, at least Kame's performance makes one thing perfectly clear: Mega Man isn't a character to sleep on.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Mega has a super even matchup spread most chars are even or slight advantage for us. Only about 5-8 are slightly bad match ups. I don't think we have any Matchups worse than 55-45

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Mega has a super even matchup spread most chars are even or slight advantage for us. Only about 5-8 are slightly bad match ups. I don't think we have any Matchups worse than 55-45
Some argue that Sheik is a 60:40 in her favor, which I agree with, and I can also see characters like Mario and Fox giving us that ratio, but other than those notable 3, I don't see any other characters giving us a 60:40.

Reecepect

Smash Rookie
Some argue that Sheik is a 60:40 in her favor, which I agree with, and I can also see characters like Mario and Fox giving us that ratio, but other than those notable 3, I don't see any other characters giving us a 60:40.
Yeah i think those are literally the worst possible match ups, and regarding your earlier post, it feels good knowing Megs has the potential to hold his own providing you are good enough.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think zss and Bayo is can be 55-45 but honestly 55-45 is basically an even matchup.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Bayo due to us being combo fodder and witch time. Zss because of her ability to rush us down hard and combo the crap outta us

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
IMO, only :4sheik: and :4fox:are for sure 60:40 in their favor while :4mario: and :4pikachu: are either 55:45 or 60:40 in their favor. :4bayonetta: is either even or 55:45 our favor and :4zss: is either 55:45 in her favor or it's even. Bold statement, but I think we are both :4sonic: and :4ryu:'s worst match ups in the entire game at 60:40 our favor for both. We're literally c*** blocking what they want to do, (especially Ryu if we still had Rush cancelling).

If a bandwagon doesn't come, at least Kame's performance makes one thing perfectly clear: Mega Man isn't a character to sleep on.
Call me crazy, but I can't help but have this small gut feeling of mine that maybe Dabuz might pickup :4megaman: as a secondary option; replacing :4olimar: since he seems to think Olimar is bad in this game. It probably won't happen, but that feeling is there.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I'd be amused to see a notable player try to pick Mega Man up. Everyone in my scene that has tried has failed citing that "He's no fun to use".

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'd be amused to see a notable player try to pick Mega Man up. Everyone in my scene that has tried has failed citing that "He's no fun to use".
Megs is no doubt a tough character to main. Heck, I'd say he's easily in the Top 5 most difficult characters to learn list (if there ever was one), but he's extremely satisfying to win with. ScAtt and Kamemushi didn't get the results they got without spending a lot of time in the lab and learning how to use Megs' move set to its fullest. It all comes down to how patient they are.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
True! That and that alot of his inputs button wise are different then the rest of the cast. Especially his neutral is very hard to learn and if you dont you have a pretty low tier char in your hands.

Not fun to use is baffling to me. He is THE only fun char to use no depth in the others. He is the opposite of Cloud, so much depth in MM and so much mindgames you can develop with this char makes me feel pretty confident that as time passes and no other patches MM is the best char in Smash 4. I already think he is next to Sheik and Mario. But we dont have any bad MUs and I feel when other chars will stale MM will not.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
True! That and that alot of his inputs button wise are different then the rest of the cast. Especially his neutral is very hard to learn and if you dont you have a pretty low tier char in your hands.
You can say that for the entirety of the cast: Don't learn them, don't learn the various options, mix ups, recovery options, combos, kill setups, and you have a pretty bad character. I'd say it has more to do with player skill rather than the actual character themselves in a few cases, with Megs being a prime example of one. Sure, a crappy Megs player makes him look like a complete tool, but bring in someone with actual experience like ScAtt and Kamemushi, and you have a force to be reckoned with.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Ofc, but I feel its different here because people just cant understand how to press the buttons and thats the main reason people dont play him. And also the main reason people always felt that MM is pretty bad. They have never enjoyed his neutral and to this day extremly few have.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
ScAtt and Kamemushi didn't get the results they got without spending a lot of time in the lab and learning how to use Megs' move set to its fullest. It all comes down to how patient they are.
It makes me sad that they never use Mega Man's smash attacks due to how unsafe they are though. I really like Charge Shot and Flame Blast but I feel my overuse of them (more fsmash than dsmash) is what leads to a lot of my defeats.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
I hate fsmash as a move not because of the lag but that it looks and feel like a noob move.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
You can also charge it against anyone without a reflector or absorber of any sort, given you can get enough space. The increased size, range & knockback of the Charge Shot isn't something to laugh at. Some characters can just punish you for even trying to use it, but a transcendent hitbox that is as big as you can be a huge hinderance for anyone trying to land :p

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Only when you are trapping landings you can charge like that. If both are grounded you will get jumped and boped. Pivot fsmash is good though against melee chars that approach with jump to aggresively

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Mega Man's f-smash tends to be a much better move in team doubles as oppose to 1v1 if you're paired with a character that can either absorb or hold on to your charge shot.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
I used to do mega/villager back before pocket got nerfed if catching a teammates projectile. It was amazing, you'd zone till you knocked them away long enough to get a full charge f-smash, then your villager pockets it. From that point on, he has frame 1 Kill move at 20-30% that ALMOST breaks shields. Then it got nerfed T.T

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I used to do mega/villager back before pocket got nerfed if catching a teammates projectile. It was amazing, you'd zone till you knocked them away long enough to get a full charge f-smash, then your villager pockets it. From that point on, he has frame 1 Kill move at 20-30% that ALMOST breaks shields. Then it got nerfed T.T
I wonder why...

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Now I'm actually curious where ZeRo will put him at in the next tier list which is bound to happen soon since he makes one every 3-5 months or so. I wonder whats what's more likely to happen; ZeRo putting Mega Man as the 2nd best in the game or the 50th best.

Top Bottom