• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero knows what he's fighting for! Let's get this Maverick Hunter fighting for SMASH!!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I also started out playing Mega Man games with Zero. My first one was X4 which you can decide who to play with and Zero was a better choice for me.
He has so much moveset potential from his games and his appearances in other fighting games. He'll also most likely be a character people will like to play as because of his combo game and great movement.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I support Zero. The Mega Man Zero games are my favorite Video Game Tetralogy of all time. The action is so fast paced and the story is very engaging overall.

I one time created a moveset for Zero during one of my train rides home from work, so I can post a moveset after a couple of days (it's sorta biased towards the MMZ games though). Gotta finish finals though.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I support Zero. The Mega Man Zero games are my favorite Video Game Tetralogy of all time. The action is so fast paced and the story is very engaging overall.

I one time created a moveset for Zero during one of my train rides home from work, so I can post a moveset after a couple of days (it's sorta biased towards the MMZ games though). Gotta finish finals though.
Funny seeing you here too XD

Megaman Zero was the first Megaman game I had actually completed (Though my first Megaman games were the Legends series), and Zero is one of my favorite characters in gaming, period. Falling in the top 5 of my favorites, I would absolutely love seeing him in Smash. I love the emotion the Zero games had in them from the seemingly hopeless situations. It really made the games a memorable experience, and I support him and think he deserves a shot.

Last edited:

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
If Zero makes it to Smash 4 I don't even know how I will react. Dude is one of my favorite characters of all time and I absolutely love Megaman X. However, I'm pretty sure Sakurai stated that only one character from a third party franchise will be allowed, so Zero is ehh... :\

If Zero gets in Smash though, expect me to main him in a heartbeat. :3
:4ryu::Capcom
:4megaman::Capcom
but I don't expect a 3rd, you are wrong

Edit: Oh, and I guess that means Link and Samus are deconfirmed. Drat!!

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Zero fits the sm4sh universe better than Megaman technically, but thats mainly because hes more melee orientated than ballistics. While i am a major fan of the 8bit megaman universe i still love Zero, and oddly enough i like Megaman Zero more than Megaman X series (except the first one). They "could" base him off Megaman Zero but i highly doubt that since the franchise wasnt as well known and he looks totally different.

Also to the comment about Sakurai saying only 1 third party rep from a series, this wouldnt be the first time hes changed his mind. Granted, Zero and Tails are probably the only other third party characters that would be 2nd reps from a series i'd want in anyway purely because theyre very unique and awesome characters.

:4ryu::Capcom
:4megaman::Capcom
but I don't expect a 3rd, you are wrong

Edit: Oh, and I guess that means Link and Samus are deconfirmed. Drat!!
Note that those are from different franchises, but same company. Megaman and Ryu are not from the same game series.

Last edited:

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Zero fits pretty well.. In fact my whole argument for the megaman Zero series to be represented over teh X games one was due to X4-x6 are the games where Zero is shown at his prime and are not on Nintendo consoles. The only game we got to play as Zero that was on the SNES was X3 I think. On the other hand the megaman Zero series not only lasted its own four games but also had sequals in Zx and Zx advent both of whome even had True zero [Omega] as a hidden boss and special form. I mean the zero game sold well enough to be Rereleased in teh form of MEgaman Zero collection which also had all the special 'card enhancments' for zero 3 that you unlocked by playing the many games.

while X era Zero is now a mii fighter, X and battle network megaman are also Mii fighters so its STILL possible we might be abel to swign Zero zero as a character for smash. [after all Link and Samus are also fighters with Mii outfits, granted you could almost litteraly duplicate thier special moves in the Mii attacks.]
this means that Link, Samus, and megaman are all fighters who also have MII counterparts.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I made this for the Mega Man support on Miiverse.

If you guys could make some more, hopefully by real artists, it could help get the word out for Zero. Making a tag that says VoteForZero or ZeroForDLC or something like that on For Glory or any other online mode could help as well.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Zero would be one of, if not the best newcomers to Smash if he did show up. The dude's a legend, showing up in 8 X games and 4 Zero games, with various other appearances and spin-offs, why not include him?

He could easily get the same treatment as Mega Man, where they make him how he feels in many of his games and take a lot of moves from his games. Seriously, jabs, neutral air, down air, Up special, down tilt, jump animations, neutral B are already there for you to take Sakurai. Alt colors are ridiculously easy as well.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
If you look at the X4-x6 games [granted they are not nintendo ones] and the zero games you even have the 'special' button already there. Base control I think was [] for stabby slashy time and /_\ for special moves. (up T = RUENJIN!)
the zero games did the same thing [albeat using special button for a SECOND weapon instead.]

D

Deleted member

Actually you know what, put as a supporter anyway.

Zero is so awesome and i don't care what anybody else says.

Last edited by a moderator:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
My idea for Zero would be that he uses a combination of his X series moves and his Zero series moves. So something like the chain rod could be a tether, while also having his charging ability from X3 as his neutral special and the neutral air being the purple air slash from X4 or crescent slash from X5, just as an example.

In my mind, Zero could go one of two ways in how he's designed. He could either be a 3D recreation of his SNES sprite and mute ala Mega Man, or he could be more like he is in the playstation games onward with Lucas Gilbertson voicing him.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
His moves from X4-X6 and even the MM Zero series can be well translated into a fighting game, like how they did it in TvC and MvC3. He also has a nice voice and victory phrases in MvC3 that can be used in smash.

Bair, Uair, and Usmash may be the only moves that will have to be designed for smash, while the rest can be taken directly from his games.

Also, Mega Man X Collection was released on Gamecube and includes MMX1-6, in case anyone argues that X4-X6 aren't Nintendo enough.

Edit: Some videos of Zero in his MMZ form in fighting games.
SNK vs Capcom

Onimusha Blade Warriors

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Just beat X5 as Zero, and man, that ending cutscene was pretty great. The final form of the final boss was eh but man, the feels. It's unfortunate that X6's mere existence ruins the emotional impact of all of that.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but I just found the most amazing thing by browsing the Mega Man subreddit. It's Lucas Gilbertson, Zero's voice actor from X8, redoing his various scenes from X4. He might sound a bit different because he's older, but hey, he's still got it. These videos have a few thousand views at most, which blows my mind since a lot of other X series videos do a lot better then that.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Do you guys think Lucas Gilbertson would support the ZeroforDLC campaign? Characters like Shantae have support from their companies and people related. Zero would benefit a lot from company support.
Any twitter accounts to contact?

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Do you guys think Lucas Gilbertson would support the ZeroforDLC campaign? Characters like Shantae have support from their companies and people related. Zero would benefit a lot from company support.
Any twitter accounts to contact?
He's @hermitsherpa on twitter. He's only got 500 followers at the moment, and his youtube videos get a few thousand views at most. Defintley go support him, guys!

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
that would be awesome to see a voice acter or person who portrays the character in support or desire to see said character in a game -and implies probable willingness to VOICE said character as well ;P-

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If Zero comes to Smash Bros, then would you guys agree that one of his moves should be "Electric Blade" from Megaman X5?

I always thought that this move looked sick!!!!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If Zero comes to Smash Bros, then would you guys agree that one of his moves should be "Electric Blade" from Megaman X5?

The fire version is more popular (Ryuenjin) but the electric one is cool, too. Zero definitely has potential for several custom moves.

By the way, I tweeted to Lucas Gilbertson and he retweeted it!

Any other popular figures that can support Zero?

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace

Easily could be a recovery move. Or a custom recovery move since there are many over moves like it.
By the way, I tweeted to Lucas Gilbertson and he retweeted it!

Any other popular figures that can support Zero?
I saw that! I retweeted it too!

Maybe we can get Capcom Unity to tweet out support for Zero. But usually when companies do that, they don't have a character in, let alone two.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Mattrex Stage: Megaman X5
^ When Zero gets in, this song should get in as a DLC soundtrack. Don't mind if it is remixed or not.

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie
This thread made me want to join this forum. So here I am!
I'm just so happy to see that other people want Zero in Smash. Zero is my favourite video game character ever and he's the only new character I want in Smash. Seeing all the support for him makes me feel more confident about his chances.
When Zero gets in, it needs to be his X series design. That version of Zero is more iconic. (And I absolutely HATE his Zero series design)

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
This thread made me want to join this forum. So here I am!
I'm just so happy to see that other people want Zero in Smash. Zero is my favourite video game character ever and he's the only new character I want in Smash. Seeing all the support for him makes me feel more confident about his chances.
When Zero gets in, it needs to be his X series design. That version of Zero is more iconic. (And I absolutely HATE his Zero series design)
Welcome to the boards! We're growing and hopefully we can spread the word for Zero in smash. If you know any Zero related youtube videos you could comment about voting for Zero there.
Also, here's a poll http://goo.gl/forms/8BX9yzLtwE

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Hey, new member! Welcome!

I'm honestly surprised Zero isn't that much of a popular contender given there's been a ton of games with him in it. Maybe it's because of the whole "Mega Man is already repping his own series and Capcom has 2 reps now because Ryu" thing.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
His moves from X4-X6 and even the MM Zero series can be well translated into a fighting game, like how they did it in TvC and MvC3. He also has a nice voice and victory phrases in MvC3 that can be used in smash.

Bair, Uair, and Usmash may be the only moves that will have to be designed for smash, while the rest can be taken directly from his games.

Also, Mega Man X Collection was released on Gamecube and includes MMX1-6, in case anyone argues that X4-X6 aren't Nintendo enough.

Edit: Some videos of Zero in his MMZ form in fighting games.
SNK vs Capcom

Onimusha Blade Warriors

Aw dang I miss Onimusha Blade Warriors. I spent an entire weekend in college cursing Nobunaga relentlessly.

Top Bottom