• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo just posted the most beautiful Sheik video ever

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

This is basically a few VoiD combos pasted together - this is what it's supposed to look like. I'm posting this as its own thread so that we can a) gawk over the beauty of his Sheik play and b) pick apart the different parts of the combo. @_Tree, if you must, you can lock it, but I feel it deserves its own thread.

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Personally I don't think this requires it's own thread. I mean we do have a video discussion thread...

But yeah, ZeRo is finally beginning to use tech in his games. This is good for the meta, so thumbs up to him :)

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Damn. You can barely even see those perfect pivots. The timing is flawless. Too bad it's only against a CPU... I'd like to see him do this in tourney against proper DI. I'm not saying he couldn't; it would just be better for the meta if he could show that this level of tech is important in a tourney setting.

OctoWich

Smash Rookie
NNID
OctopusSandwich
I'm the first post he shows. Good for him showing me off, haha.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Damn. You can barely even see those perfect pivots. The timing is flawless. Too bad it's only against a CPU... I'd like to see him do this in tourney against proper DI. I'm not saying he couldn't; it would just be better for the meta if he could show that this level of tech is important in a tourney setting.
the combo was literally made by void and void displays this level of technical skill all the time in tourney

just sayin!

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
the combo was literally made by void and void displays this level of technical skill all the time in tourney

just sayin!
That's awesome! I just think it would be even better for more players, especially super high profile ones like Zero, to "raise awareness", as it were, about the importance of tech like PPs and such.

that we can a) gawk over the beauty of his Sheik play and b) pick apart the different parts of the combo.
Well, if we want to pick it apart I will say the technical aspects are fun. Its simply a shame its not guaranteed.
0:36 - Utilt -> Ftilt
Fox is on the ground long enough it looks like that he could have shielded.

The following Ftilt -> Ftilt looks like Fox once again could have shielded in between these two things.

The following Filt -> Dtilt situation same thing. Another possible shield opportunity for someone.

Everything else in between there I cannot easily tell since Fox is launching high enough and is staying on the ground for less time after that.

However, with the finale 0:47 if you look closely Fox CPU jumps into the Bouncing Fish. You can tell because you can see the little circle prop that appears anytime someone 2nd jumps. If Fox simply fell down and did not jump Bouncing Fish would have missed and Fox would get a free rain back to the stage.

Top Bottom