• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- - - - - Zen Vids - PLZ CRITIQUE! - - - - -

cF=)

Smash Lord
zen do you ever lose?
GoodPancake, I'm still waiting for my study material !

Zen, on the 2 vids I've been able to watch, I can give you some pointers to ameliorate :

- Work on a faster tech chase. You displayed poor movement overall when running after your opponent's recovery, I bet you can train more on this.
- Don't always wait at the edge with a Fsmash. Better player will simply tech and overcome your edgeguarding. Be more agressive and switch sometimes for edgehogging + pulling Bairs.
- Stop always approaching with Shffled Nair, you remind me of Ken in his early days. It's an easily punishable tactic if you get jumped over and Bair'ed by Falcon.
- Work on your DI. Fthrow isn't suppose to lead into tipper against another Marth.That's a bad mistake.

That's about it, I might post again when youtube will give me the chance to watch your other vids.

Xelyst

-_-
thanks for the tips, lol I get tipped plenty in these dittos x_x

cF=)

Smash Lord
That's why I tell you, work on your DI and on your approach. If you can reach effectively your opponent, you won't get tippered.

Easy exemples : Waveshielding, Double jumping over the Fmash to Uair -> start combo, dodging to dtilt, etc.

Xelyst

-_-
okie, most i'm aware of, and i'll work on chasing better, thanks man

btw my sheik is fresh, so i'm not exactly texbook ... i just played sheik thats all, but i'd like critique on my falcon/sheik/marth more then others

check out the poor drephen spam in the sheik vs fox match ^_^

sprocket

Smash Journeyman
first match kinda seemed like auto pilot compared to what ive sene before. One tip with martha gainst falcon, a few times you did a full jump witha f-air, and hit the falcon, but afterwards you moved back and were out of range to hit him again. Instead, after the first fair, move forward to get another fair in, or if he lands on the ground and doesnt tech, you will be right there to do whatever move on him.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
When u are edgeguarding a falcon/ganon and they are trying to get behind you, just walk in until they are in range and Fsmash. Many people will DI naturally back towards the edge when they see this, so just watch them and hit them. if you really want to charge, charge your shield breaker it can get better knockback, charge longer and if you miss sweetspot its not that bad.

sprocket

Smash Journeyman
regarding sheik movies:

First, when you jab you can grab quicker then you do, you wait more frames then you should.

Second, make your full air to coming down ont he ground attacks fsater, you could have hit him with a back kick at one point if you were faster, same with fair.

Third, in Zen (sheik) vs Ben(Fox) at 2:08, you did a dash attack, and then when he was right infront of you, you attempted to do a forward smash, and missed, when the fox was in PERFECT placement for a forward tilt. And often times you can start a juggle, or if he DI's hes right at the egde and you can edge guard or pressure him.

Against falcos when you back throw them off the edge, most of the time they do the forwardb to get back, there are a few things you can do, but needles are not a good idea just standing on the ldge, cuz he went over them. So you can stand and do a up or forward tilt, or you can do a neautral air from your position.

at 2:46 of zen sheik vs ben falco, you dashed attacked once, and he went behind you, you could have done another dash attack, which could ahve led to another attack.

And on the sheik vs marth, your sheik did well, I think the marth has to be pretty sharp in that matchup, but when both players are sharp its pretty even, otherwise the sheik has the advantage. But for gods sake tell ben to up throw the sheik!!!! Not forward throw to nothing! After an up throw at low percentage he can do up tilts, and higher whatever air moves.

Top Bottom