• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

???Zelda's Weaknesses???

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
My friend always plays as Zelda and his technique is to draw his opponent near him and do a basic smash. As we all know, Zelda's Smashes are long, annoying and powerful. He only plays as Zelda, meaning he never transforms into Sheik.

My question is....

Does Zelda have any outstanding weaknesses that can be exploited?:confused:

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Yeah turn itno meta knight and spam the hell out of his neutral b tornadao.
If you keep mashing the B button it increases the tornado's priority and will break through almost all of zelda's moves.

The odds are your friend will hate you and feel completely powerless rofl.
Takes no skill to mach tornado him, and it takes a lot of skill for Zelda to counter it.

In general the characters shorter than mario give zelda a little bit of extra trouble.
Her attacks are more naturally suited against the big-boned.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
get her in the air, and chase her, in the air from below, or juggle from the ground, can't really do anything besides air dodge, her dair sucks

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Zelda's dair is deadly when hit correctly and is comparable to Ganondorf's when it right. It's just like her fair and bair when hit correctly. Since I main with her I can say some weaknesses could be chasing her in air but look out for her airs. Big thing is to keep her off balance with a short hop game. I lost to a game & watch in a tourney because of his short hop game making it hard to approach. If you make it hard to approach and avoid Din's Fire, it should be good. Start with that but now I know how to work around it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Zelda's problems are more character oriented than technique oriented.

Small or fast characters give her a really hard time.

Olimar, Kirby, Jigglypuff, MetaKnight, Ness, Sonic and (#!!@%%^##@) LUCAS make Zelda mad.

Stay close to her. Zelda's most important gaming technique is creating distance, however, all her moves that create distance are slow. Stay close to her, and either attack or dodge as she charges one of her moves. Don't stay too close, though. Her neutral-B and d-Smash are quickly executed.

You want someone small, quick with good range. Lucas is probably your best bet.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's problems are more character oriented than technique oriented.

Small or fast characters give her a really hard time.

Olimar, Kirby, Jigglypuff, MetaKnight, Ness, Sonic and (#!!@%%^##@) LUCAS make Zelda mad.

Stay close to her. Zelda's most important gaming technique is creating distance, however, all her moves that create distance are slow. Stay close to her, and either attack or dodge as she charges one of her moves. Don't stay too close, though. Her neutral-B and d-Smash are quickly executed.

You want someone small, quick with good range. Lucas is probably your best bet.
I find Lucas to be one of the easiest characters to smash the hell out of.

Light characters are best when fried with some Din's Fire.

Actually, the only character I've had real difficulty with (other than a really good snake, mk, or ROB) is Olimar. His range is stupid good and his Usmash and Dsmash both out-range and out-speed Zelda's attacks. Also throwing pikmin is increadably effective since relflecting them does virtually nothing.

Top Bottom