• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's ultimate team partner: Metaknight

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
So me and my friends randomly decided to play team matches with all of us. And something amazing happened. I was Zelda and my friend's brother was Metaknight. and we practically ***** every team that was thrown at us. and all of us are pretty equal on the skill front, and we're good. Probably not pro good, but good enough to where a very good brawl player would never 3 stock us or anything. basically, we're not noobs.

Anyway, the matches basically went like this. Zelda goes near an edge, Metaknight stays in front of her at all times, and does his Psycho Crusher and tornado while i'm in the back Din's Firing away. A majority of the time they're trying to dodge Din's Fire while trying to get through Meta's PC and tornado, not even counting metaknight just comboing them, to get to me so they can stop DF. So that means they have to basically jump over meta to get to zelda. And we all know how coming in from above a zelda goes. Anyway, just wanted to share. Metaknight is our friend fellow Zeldas. Let it be known.

h3gi

Smash Rookie
Ho ho, is Psycho Crusher in tribute to M. Bison? That's clever, mate.

MK's over B seems pretty punishable after it's over. But then, I've never fought against this team setup, so I wouldn't know if Din's Fire covers it or something.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
well the way the guys i were fighting against was trying to counter the duo is that they basically tried to totally bypass MK or separate us. The only time we had any trouble at all is when we were separated as both characters are light and easily double teamable. But yea, while MK is spinning on them is when you just rack up the damage ala DF. The only time i got punished is when one of them managed to get over MK to get to me and i was mid DF or surprised. The strategy goes as long as you and MK are together, you're a force; separate and you can easily get demolished by one double team move.

S2

Smash Lord
A good Zelda is probably going to be complimented by any fast character that can rack up damage quickly.

Zelda is a good KOer who can camp and harass like no other, what she lacks is speed and approach. There are a lot of characters that can fill in her weaknesses and compliment her well.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't look for a character that can compliment Zelda. Whatever my partner is comfortable playing with, and I'm comfortable, then we'll be a great team.

Iris

Smash Ace
Actually, I agree with Zelda and Ike. Zelda's big hitlag on smashes give Ike plenty of time to use a strong attack and get early KOs. Of course, with friendly fire on, this is a pretty bad combination.

Top Bottom