• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Strongest Attacks - Taken from BrawlCentral

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Zelda

Number of jumps: 2
Wall Hop: No
Wall Cling: No
Gliding: No
Crawling: No
Weight: Light
Speed: Normal
Best 3
Arial Forward or Back A: 67% <--- :bee:
Aerial Up A: 81%
Side A: 104%

Not sure if this was posted in any other threads, looks VERY promising. Although, we'll have to see how it works in regards to DI/hitbox, etc.

Luthien

Smash Ace
What is wrong with this site?! I've tried to reply seven times now. Summarised:

I'm happy. Let's kick butt. I hope that "NORMAL" speed is actually normal. It says Peach is slow, so I'd like to compare.

I'll add enthusiasm to this post via edit tool later, if this comment actually gets on.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think the lightning kick buff was unnecessary? It's a welcome change though :D

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Anyone think the lightning kick buff was unnecessary? It's a welcome change though :D
Take THAT, Shiek's f-air!

Althought it isnt relevant till we've seen Zelda in a propper fight, id love to see how tiers are going to sort themselves out this time around :bee:

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
zelda was crap in melee, lets just hope that she is better in brawl guys. I am glad that Zelda's kicks has been buffed up, she needs to be good in this game.

goodkid

Smash Lord
It sounds too good to be true, with all these Zelda buffs there has to be one major flaw, not that I'm hoping for one, but it sounds too good.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Harder to sweetspot maybe? Not that big of a deal.
Besides, who says there has to be a bad side? Maybe Zelda's just gotten better?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Harder to sweetspot maybe? Not that big of a deal.
Besides, who says there has to be a bad side? Maybe Zelda's just gotten better?
If it was harder to sweetspot we'd be able to adjust. I mean, Zelda's F and B airs wherent overly hard to sweetspot with (outside of high end competitive play), it's just something we can adjust to, since im sure alot of Zelda players can sweetspot the current melee Fa and B airs perfectly at least 80% of the time.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
oh, this is stupid.

zelda gets buffed, and we're happy

and then theres Sheik, who is already buffed, and no ones happy.

who cares, they're one and the same.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
oh, this is stupid.

I dont get what you're trying to say in this post, but theres been no real proof that Shiek is buffed/nerfed as of yet, because the only footage we've seen of her has been in SSE, fighting Primids, which is really frustrating.

Ill add that the fact that the [long transformation time =/= synergy], in this case the transformation is so long that Zelda and Shiek are even more defferentiated, so the whole general play as one or the other scheme still seems to linger.

@ Luthien: Thats absolutely correct. Shiek has had her time to shine, now its HER turn to be the middle child. I'll be totally byast, and say that i hope her airal attacks (F and B airs) are broken/buffed to the point of tierbreaking (it wont happen but i can always dream). She deserves it so much.

The buffing of the F/B air is the beginning, i think we'll be able to really use Zelda to get full potential this time around, and look amazing doing it :bee:

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
If it was harder to sweetspot we'd be able to adjust. I mean, Zelda's F and B airs wherent overly hard to sweetspot with (outside of high end competitive play), it's just something we can adjust to, since im sure alot of Zelda players can sweetspot the current melee Fa and B airs perfectly at least 80% of the time.
Agreed, I meant that Zelda Mainers are used to specific sweetspots and difficult spacings, so the only nerf they could feasibly do to the kick is to make the sweetspot harder which really isn't a problem at all.

But again, who says that any of Zelda's moves need a nerf. I think Melee Zelda was a nerf in itself.

oh, this is stupid.

Sheik=/=Zelda I don't know how you could think any differently. As part of a storyline for a video game where they have no differentiating qualities, yes they may be thought of as the same. But in Melee/Brawl they are not the same character. In fact, they're opposites. Or inverses. Or opposite inverses.

And of course were happy Zelda gets buffed. If Sheik gets buffed more in Brawl then it'd be to the ludicrous point. Sheik was already the most insanely broken character there is, why would anyone be happy that she was buffed of all things?

Oh and we also don't know whether Sheik is buffed or not so I don't know what you're talking about.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Anyone else think this is sort of weird?

In Melee, pretty much all Zelda had was her fair/bair.

So, for Brawl, they decide to improve her. And how do they do that? They just FURTHER improve her fair/bair.

They take the only thing that's really good with her, and then make that better. They don't improve her other moves? Well of course it's way too early to say, maybe she is better in several other ways too!

Just seems weird that in order to improve her, they improve something that doesn't really need improving.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
But they did improve her other moves my dear!

How could you not have noticed? D:

Top Bottom