• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's pretty fun

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
but how much has her game developed? I never see any Zeldas in tourneys. Is she beyond the Din's fire/Usmash spamming ***** that annoyed me at Brawl's release?

She definitely has potential. What's holding her back?

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Kinda XD

I saw a vid. of a highly respected Zelda player today and something just hit me...that was freaking boring match. Usmash, fsmash, Dins'....

it's like, no wonder not a lot of ppl play Zelda hehe.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Kinda XD

I saw a vid. of a highly respected Zelda player today and something just hit me...that was freaking boring match. Usmash, fsmash, Dins'....

I guess maybe I find her fun because I don't play like that. >.>

She's gotta have more potential than that... :/

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
She's still fun to me. Played as her since Melee. The fact that not many people play as her is what keeps me going.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
If you get bored learn sheik as well, it can only help you. If you get bored again the only thing left is Pokemon Trainer.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
I happen to find Zelda insanely fun. She's a spacing mind reading beast and working on her edgeguarding game is really rewarding. It's not easy but everytime I land a spike or have a perfect FW that kills someone I feel rejuvenated. I'll never get tired of Zelda. Plus punishing with LKs is a ton of fun.

D

Deleted member

i never get bored with playing zelda lol

sweet spotting somebody right in their face feels too good

i'd imagine zelda dittos would get rid of the boredom

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Zelda's tele cancel looks really fun.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
If you get bored learn sheik as well, it can only help you. If you get bored again the only thing left is Pokemon Trainer.
Around launch, I played Zelda and Sheik alot. I find them both extremely fun. Sheik appeals to me a little more because it's a little more fun to be aggressive and do stupid stuff offstage. XD

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
Kinda XD

You really haven't seen any good matches then...

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Who would you suggest I watch?

maybe it's cuz I've been playing her since I bought the game...
I've started learning Shiek too. Ftilt lock is just too fun.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
amazing sig gothic zelda

protip: let's try winning matches without dins, usmash, and fsmash

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
amazing sig gothic zelda

protip: let's try winning matches without dins, usmash, and fsmash
I dunno about that, just because those smashes have such wonderful properties that it would be silly to ignore them.... but, then again, you'd just be doing this in friendlies so you could become more familiar with the rest of her movestl... so I agree with that. use ALL of zelda's moves.... if anywhere near 50% of your attacks are din's and smashes, then U R doin' it rong!

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
is seriously abusing upsmash really that bad? I mean Marths abuse fair, Good Diddys abuse bananas, lucarios abuse AS. Is it really so bad to abuse a good move in your arsenal?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
is seriously abusing upsmash really that bad? I mean Marths abuse fair, Good Diddys abuse bananas, lucarios abuse AS. Is it really so bad to abuse a good move in your arsenal?
no, but relying on it as a crutch IS bad. Zelda mains aren't as bad at this, but sheik mains who pull out Zelda for a KO spam Usmash and Fsamsh like there's no tommorow. and that's NOT okay. Zelda needs to use the rest of her repetoir.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
no, but relying on it as a crutch IS bad. Zelda mains aren't as bad at this, but sheik mains who pull out Zelda for a KO spam Usmash and Fsamsh like there's no tommorow. and that's NOT okay. Zelda needs to use the rest of her repetoir.
well I know i use it alot and I dont think i'm a bad zelda by any means. but you guys make it seem like if you use it to rack up damage(which is how i use it), it's an auto bad zelda. It's a good move.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well I know i use it alot and I dont think i'm a bad zelda by any means. but you guys make it seem like if you use it to rack up damage(which is how i use it), it's an auto bad zelda. It's a good move.
no... that's fine. it's a great move. the problem arises when you use it to a point where you are getting punished for it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh ok then. I just saw yall were condemning upsmash spam and then in your next post talking about how awesome the move was. I was confused lol.
no... just.... watch a zelda that spams the and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Top Bottom