• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's New Transformation???

schep

Smash Cadet
With Zelda's design in Melee being taken from OoT and our knowledge of Zelda's design in Brawl being taken from TP, many have used this as reasoning for why Sheik will not be making a return. Taking this thought a little further, I was thinking that there could be a new transformation for the continuation of the smash series. Possessed Zelda as a character anyone?

-Y-peace-Y-

Iris

Smash Ace
Cloaked or possessed/with rapier Zelda seems possible, but redundant.

courte

Smash Lord
did u read the game informer interveiw with zelda series director??

hes working with sakurai and is creating new designs for shiek and gdorf just as he did zelda and link

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
What's up with the transformations? oO And why would she transform herself into her own possesed being, she has a pocket Ganondorf or what? ._. Why not just make Zelda a decent character with a decent moveset, and leave transformations for Samus and Pkmn Trainer x_x

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Courte I did not hear of this interview. Maybe you could reply with a source.

Edit - NVM Snafu did it =)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Does not mean they will be used, and even if they are, still doesn't say what they are used for. Could just be an (assist) trophy for all we know at this point.

And why on earth would she transform bwetween normal zelda and posessed zelda? :/

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I really doubt that ganon could be neglected since he is the main protagonist in almost every zelda game. And for sheik i pray she is not an assist because that would be wrong.

courte

Smash Lord
Meh I don't approve of that interview much. I especially love that he didn't mention Zelda, or did Sakurai draw her himself.
...?

shiek for brawl!! and yes i would personally like to see her as a separate or secret character, they haven't taken out major franchise players yet and i doubt they will start now... except pichu... i hate it so much

if zelda and shiek were separate i think it would be for the better, that means more resource material to delve into

courte

Smash Lord
Does not mean they will be used, and even if they are, still doesn't say what they are used for. Could just be an (assist) trophy for all we know at this point.

And why on earth would she transform bwetween normal zelda and posessed zelda? :/
mic 128 no disrepsect but i don't think they would spend so much time for "the look" of assist trophy--not that much consultation

Iris

Smash Ace
All assist trophies get graphically updated for Brawl. If they didn't, characters like Little Mac would be 8-bit. No reason why they wouldn't want a better looking Sheik for an assist trophy.

Also, by puppet Zelda, I meant a Zelda with puppet Zelda's moveset, rapier included.

courte

Smash Lord
All assist trophies get graphically updated for Brawl. If they didn't, characters like Little Mac would be 8-bit. No reason why they wouldn't want a better looking Sheik for an assist trophy.

Also, by puppet Zelda, I meant a Zelda with puppet Zelda's moveset, rapier included.
really?? all assist trophies?? :couch: excite bike:lick:

little max wasn't much of a challenge, and i doubt that they wouldn't have to do much consulting with the creator, no doubt he would have liked to see him as a character but even to be in the spotlight again is a bonus for most of these retro characters.

thats an awful lot of work for an assist

Iris

Smash Ace
Sheik isn't retro enough to pull it off, sorry. If she appears in her natural N64 polygons, it'll be ugly, same with Gamecube graphics as well. It's not like NES characters where 8-bit appearances tickle Sakurai's retro fancy.

It's a lot of work for an assist, but obtaining the right to a character isn't a quick and simple process.

courte

Smash Lord
Sheik isn't retro enough to pull it off, sorry. If she appears in her natural N64 polygons, it'll be ugly, same with Gamecube graphics as well. It's not like NES characters where 8-bit appearances tickle Sakurai's retro fancy.

It's a lot of work for an assist, but obtaining the right to a character isn't a quick and simple process.
for an assist yes

but for a previous high tier character or the wielder of the triforce of power who were in the previous installment, whom everyone working on the project would no doubt work as hard as possible to make it happen... astounding
i will personally **** bricks if they are not playable in brawl i promise you this

you can hold me to it and i will send you the undoctored video if that happens

and since when would shiek even be considered remotely retro

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't place so much confidence on Sheik's inclusion, courte.
You'll end up looking foolish if Sheik's not in.

Character Designs =/= Character Inclusion

And I agree with the whole "It's weird Zelda didn't get mentioned thing."
"Let's see the three most important LoZ characters for Brawl? Link, Ganondorf.. and I think... Sheik." Give me a break.

courte

Smash Lord
I wouldn't place so much confidence on Sheik's inclusion, courte.
You'll end up looking foolish if Sheik's not in.

Character Designs =/= Character Inclusion

And I agree with the whole "It's weird Zelda didn't get mentioned thing."
"Let's see the three most important LoZ characters for Brawl? Link, Ganondorf.. and I think... Sheik." Give me a break.
i'd rather look a fool. And come on, it's called the legend--of ZELDA it's her team!! at this point it doesn't need to be pointed out that she's in the game as she is really franchise leader--might not be the best fighter but that's why she's a princess

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
They got us friking tire with all these Zelda secrets. Can't they just say something about her or what?

Drake3

Smash Ace
i'd rather look a fool. And come on, it's called the legend--of ZELDA it's her team!! at this point it doesn't need to be pointed out that she's in the game as she is really franchise leader--might not be the best fighter but that's why she's a princess
1) She wasn't in the original Smash Bros even if it's "her team"
2) Franchise Leader huh? Then I guess he shouldn't have mentioned Link. Or Ganondorf.
3) Alot of people actually doubted Zelda's return.

courte

Smash Lord
1) She wasn't in the original Smash Bros even if it's "her team"
2) Franchise Leader huh? Then I guess he shouldn't have mentioned Link. Or Ganondorf.
3) Alot of people actually doubted Zelda's return.
enough with the arguements

1)back when this was begining, i don't blame them for leaving her out, what active role did she play other than girl in need of help?? we're all aware of that
2)...what??
3)alot of people doubt a lot of things in this world

i'm pretty sure the purpose of this thread isn't to discuss shiek's inclusion and we really would be a gaggle of fools to wonder so much regarding it--in regards to the puppet zelda idea:'...ummm' is all i have to say in regards to shiek, maybe it's not so good nintendo hides their secrets; if only they could see the effect it has on all of their fans

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Everyone hold up. Yes Sakurai used the TP design for Zelda, but take a look at the alternate colors update. Zelda's OoT design is an alternate color. I'm not saying that this increases Shieks;s chances, but I'm just saying that its there and may be something interesting to think about. It'd be really nice if they updated Zelda's moveset wouldn't it?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Everyone hold up. Yes Sakurai used the TP design for Zelda, but take a look at the alternate colors update. Zelda's OoT design is an alternate color. I'm not saying that this increases Shieks;s chances, but I'm just saying that its there and may be something interesting to think about. It'd be really nice if they updated Zelda's moveset wouldn't it?

The colour scheme is a nod to Melee. If It was OOT Zelda, she would have been given the OOT costume, not a coloured TP costume.

Zelda shouldn't transform this time around.
Puppet Zelda makes no sense- She never triggered the transformation
Sheik- No longer important to the series
Tetra- Tetra and Zelda's relationship has only been established once, and is as important to the franchise as Sheik.

Cloaked Zelda sounds best, but even that doesn't sound right.

courte

Smash Lord
The colour scheme is a nod to Melee. If It was OOT Zelda, she would have been given the OOT costume, not a coloured TP costume.

Zelda shouldn't transform this time around.
Puppet Zelda makes no sense- She never triggered the transformation
Sheik- No longer important to the series
Tetra- Tetra and Zelda's relationship has only been established once, and is as important to the franchise as Sheik.

Cloaked Zelda sounds best, but even that doesn't sound right.
CURRENTLY shiek isnt important to the series [[yeah tetra was the new sheik for phantom hourglass and windwaker]] but are you saying that you still do not want her in brawl

like i said already i think they should expand already existing characters and make them separate

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm hoping for Midna to make an appearance somewhere in this game. Possibly as an AT, but would be nice for a playable. Midna could have a transformation between her little imp form and her real form. She would obviously be a magic user, but would seem like a clone of Zelda and would indefinately decrease her chances.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Personally I'm hoping for Midna to make an appearance somewhere in this game. Possibly as an AT, but would be nice for a playable. Midna could have a transformation between her little imp form and her real form. She would obviously be a magic user, but would seem like a clone of Zelda and would indefinately decrease her chances.
Thats understandable.

DreamScape

Smash Rookie
Isn't it obvious? Zelda will surely transform but into Midna! That's right Midna... How so? You ask?

In Twilight Princess Zelda gives her soul to Midna... they become one for a period of time.. so yeah! best transformation ever.. 2 princesses for the price of one the princess of light ana the one of twillight two sides of tha same coin (like Zelda says) :p

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it obvious? Zelda will surely transform but into Midna! That's right Midna... How so? You ask?

In Twilight Princess Zelda gives her soul to Midna... they become one for a period of time.. so yeah! best transformation ever.. 2 princesses for the price of one the princess of light ana the one of twillight two sides of tha same coin (like Zelda says) :p
I though I was the only who noticed that Midna becomes half Zelda from when Midna is revived to when Zelda makes a reappearance ( meaning that Midna is NOT suddenly nice just from the kindness of her heart :p )

About the Sheik thing, I've argued this many times that Sheik is not an important part of LoZ just a costume. If she is Zelda's transformation, it would be like Mario turning into Frog Mario, or better yet Tetra turning into Sheik, and Young Link turning into Wolf Link, it makes no sense.

BUT I mostly anticipate her return (if midna is not Zelda's transformation :p) soley because of her veteranship. Sakuria may decide to keep Sheik as part of Zelda "just because" he doesn't want to make a new DownB for her and Sheik. I am personally against Sheik returning as Zelda's transformation (or anyone for that matter) because it nerfs Zelda, a recurring character, because of these one-time characters (Sheik/Midna). (btw just popularity definately does not win a seat at brawl, and those designs sent doesn't mean anything if they arn't used. Or they could be used for ATs for all i know)

Drake3

Smash Ace
Forget it, not arguing with a 10 year old.

Possessed Zelda is a bad idea. Why would you want to willingly be possessed. Besides, I'm pretty sure we already have a few topics on this anyway.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
CURRENTLY shiek isnt important to the series [[yeah tetra was the new sheik for phantom hourglass and windwaker]] but are you saying that you still do not want her in brawl

like i said already i think they should expand already existing characters and make them separate
Sheik will most likely never be in another Zelda game. She was a one time hit, not even that. All her popularity comes from Melee.

No, I do not want her in Brawl.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
i think sheik should be a seperate character. if they had clone characters in melee they can do it now. even tho technically she is a different zelda entirely. also i know they planned on eliminating the clone characters. probably because of adventure mode. how can they justify two marios, two links, and two zeldas in the story.

of course i do feel that any melee characters that did not make the cut should at least be altered to an assist trophy. i think its wrong to cut em outa the game completely.

courte

Smash Lord
for some odd reason i want nothing to do with this thread which appears to me, to be overcome by minimalist who want as small a roster as possible

a characters popularity at this point should only really matter if they haven't been included

and you're forgetting the first thing about logic-- this is a fighting game

courte

Smash Lord
Zelda: Normal Zelda transavolve to..... POSSESSED ZELDA! I CAN POSSESS MYSELF!

*coughs* Sorry.... but that is not so hot an idea.
i have to agree--perhaps thats why sakurai opted for the dark zelda color to begin with; as a means of canceling out such speculation--just a thought

besides when someone is possessed, obviously they're going to fight stronger and harder with no earthly limitations to bound them [[trust me i've seen in happen more than enough outside of games and fiction]] i'd imagine it'd just be shiek's popularity or for some people loathing, all over again--definetly needs to be separate

Iris

Smash Ace
Puppet Zelda is a bad transformation. However, Zelda with a sword and puppet Zelda's moveset is a much more logical transformation than say, Sheik. :)

Meh I don't approve of that interview much. I especially love that he didn't mention Zelda, or did Sakurai draw her himself.
Uh no, it was taken from Twilight Princess. He doesn't just 'draw' characters.

Now if someone justifies that Sheik is not returning because Zelda is shown in her Twilight Princess model, then they can't also think there will be another transformation. The only other one she has is Tetra. That's not even the same Zelda, and a realistic one turning into a cartoon-like character would be dumber than dumb.

Either Sheik stays as part of Zelda, or Zelda gets some other down special move not to do with transforming.

Top Bottom