• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Zelda's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah, life did what life does best.

I am pleased the Zelda boards are still top tier, in sharp contrast to our queen.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Does anyone know Zelda's jump vertical velocity and/or her air jump multiplier? I just wanted to see how much better her air specs are this game.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Aero sis where are Paletunas customs on the site???

Edit:
Also Irrelevina take you to the Pac-Man page.
I hate customs so I don't support them.

On the palutena thread is some custom data for palu though.

Also thanks, I'll fix that right away, I was in a hurry when I made it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh god, I look at this page and it's just so bad compared to newer pages. I can't wait to update it for 1.0.8.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Lmfao. Why is her jab so horrendously slow? It's not like she has the range to justify it being that slow.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ehh it's sorta justified. A little. It's disjointed and transcendent, and can lead into a grab or combo into a Kick or Dash Attack. It also does 8% which isn't so bad. Much better than 6% pre-1.1.

But I would love it if they sped it up by a frame or two.

Her actual "Jab" is her Dtilt.

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Ehh it's sorta justified. A little. It's disjointed and transcendent, and can lead into a grab or combo into a Kick or Dash Attack. It also does 8% which isn't so bad. Much better than 6% pre-1.1.

But I would love it if they sped it up by a frame or two.

Her actual "Jab" is her Dtilt.
Transcendent? Now that's something I didn't know.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Transcendent? Now that's something I didn't know.
Most of Zelda's moves are disjointed and transcendent, actually. The only ones that aren't are her Dtilt, Dsmash, Farore's Disappear, Phantom Slash, Din's Fire, and the sourspot on her sweetspot aerials. It's one of the things I love about using Zelda opposed to my other characters.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Most of Zelda's moves are disjointed and transcendent, actually. The only ones that aren't are her Dtilt, Dsmash, Farore's Disappear, Phantom Slash, Din's Fire, and the sourspot on her sweetspot aerials. It's one of the things I love about using Zelda opposed to my other characters.
What exactly does this mean?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Disjointed: The hitbox extends away from the character's hurtbox. For example, Marth's sword isn't a part of him, so it you hit it, you'll either clank with it or take damage. Same applies to the magic burst on Zelda's Fsmash. It's not actually a part of her. Some disjoints are larger than others.

Transcendent: The move can't clank. This can be good and bad, but mostly good. It allows characters' moves to "beat out" other non-transcendent moves. The bad part is that you'll trade more often, but the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, IMO.

Oh I forgot to mention that the only "proper" clanking moves Zelda has are her Down Attacks. The others can clank, but the animation will keep going.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah, if you know about Zelda's transcendent attacks, a few design decisions seem a bit less stupid.

Sadly, Brawl Meta Knight had even more transcendent attacks than Brawl Zelda. Another example of the incredible bias that went into that monstrosity of a character.

Thankfully Sakurai saw reason and removed that property from MK for this game. I think Zelda is the only character left with more than a few transcendent moves.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The inability to clank is not always a good thing. In fact, it was half the reason why Zelda was trash in Brawl, because all these unclankable hitboxes were attached to her hurtboxes, so pretty much any form of aerial would just beat or trade with her attacks.

Enjoy doing 2% to their 13%.

MK however had disjoint so it was broken.

Sailor Mercury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mercury813
I guess I'm in the minority of preferring the brawl Zelda to the sm4sh Zelda. I feel like the match ups in sm4sh are MUCH more difficult and one-sided. At least in brawl, you could pressure people with bairs, whereas in sm4sh you can't due to the huge amount of end lag. Love jumping was also 10x more beneficial in brawl. I'm a little disappointed the more I play Zelda in sm4sh, honestly. I'll never give her up as my main, I have too much loyalty to her. I just think that match ups in brawl were much easier than in sm4sh. The end lag on many of her moves in sm4sh is absolutely ridiculous. :/

I also don't understand all of the abbreviations on that website, or how exactly frames work in the game? It sounds like a noob question but I've never really gotten into that side of the game. Can anyone explain briefly?

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I guess I'm in the minority of preferring the brawl Zelda to the sm4sh Zelda. I feel like the match ups in sm4sh are MUCH more difficult and one-sided. At least in brawl, you could pressure people with bairs, whereas in sm4sh you can't due to the huge amount of end lag. Love jumping was also 10x more beneficial in brawl. I'm a little disappointed the more I play Zelda in sm4sh, honestly. I'll never give her up as my main, I have too much loyalty to her. I just think that match ups in brawl were much easier than in sm4sh. The end lag on many of her moves in sm4sh is absolutely ridiculous. :/

I also don't understand all of the abbreviations on that website, or how exactly frames work in the game? It sounds like a noob question but I've never really gotten into that side of the game. Can anyone explain briefly?
Here's a link to the glossary of Kuroganehammer.

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
@ Sailor Mercury Sailor Mercury Brawl Zelda was better in a lot of ways. I'll list em so you can compare a bit, since I actually think she is (slightly) better overall in this game.
Pros in Brawl
1. Better range on nair
2. Less lag on L-kicks
3. Bigger hitboxes on up/down smashes
3. Stupidly strong and fast uptilt
4. Dins fire let you detonate it in front of you
5. Less lag on Favore's wind
Pros in Sm4sh
1. Bigger sweetspot on dair; can sweetspot on grounded opponents (this was huge)
2. D-tilt combos
3. Faster grab with guaranteed combos off throws
4. Phantom is a thing (transforming wasn't really a move...)
5. Favore's wind has hitbox on startup and insane knockback on reappear.

Also the changes to game mechanics, in particular ledge mechanics, really help Zelda in this game.

I feel like I should post this somewhere else, oh well.

Sailor Mercury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mercury813
@ TurboLink TurboLink Thank you very much!

@ R Rebel13 I guess it's preference in the end, and what kind of a playstyle you have. I think that in sm4sh Zelda has more combo potential, but the end lag on her best moves really kills it for me. I will say that I enjoy the ledge mechanics more here though, and how much easier it is to actually get to the ledge with Zelda. On Brawl it was so easy to gimp yourself because FW was so terrible!

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I wouldn't argue against it (^:
Butbutbut, muh thread.

I mean, Aero's site is awesome and a quick reference, but my thread has even more data, and GIFs secretkpop. y u no use Rizen???

Hex I even PUT A LINK to Aero's website as credit for his data in the fairy fountain.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I honestly don't care, but every stuck topic becomes a portal of sorts to my site which leads to more traffic and whatever.

Your options are: have both stuck, or just yours stuck. It's not like Zelda is a popular character anyway and the only time people look at her frame data is to laugh at it.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Fingers crossed for a buff that will release Zelda from the depth of the tier list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom