• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The first thing I want to do once I have the game is play Classic with Zelda in 9.0 intensity. Hopefully on the first try, no continues, without getting my *** kicked xD Going after Zelda's customs are probably coming after, so I'll be playing as her in Smash run xP And, if we can send replays, I'll gladly send them to you once I can. As long as they don't suck.... which they probably will.... but I'm trying xC
You read my mind, Im going to do the same thing, I want to connect a few Lightining Kicks on Master Core.... actually I want to kick every opponent on that mode at least once to test my precision.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sounds like a "DAFUQ U UZE ZORLDA U LITTEL SKRUB NO0B" kinda tone. XD

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeesh, that's gonna take some getting used to.

It's especially noticeable next to his super excited "Link!" just before.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You sure its always the player that won? I had the impression the announcer always sounded grumpy if either the CPU won or you lost to somebody else on For Glory and the like... (Especially in unlocking-battles X) ) Must be just me. Definitly sounds weird though. Maybe I'll get to hear something more enthusiastic as I'll be playing the German one most likely... They stuck with Daraen as Robins name , too even though he is only called that in French, Italian and Spanish :<

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
On the plus side, Zelda's third win pose is probably my favorite throughout the series.
That slow mo fire

Last edited:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I said this in a Skype conversation, but he sounds so disappointed that Zelda won.

Some of the other characters have other, really dynamic sounding ones and then we get to Zelda and he's just like "...Zelda. :C"
omgggg LOL. Why must people be shady toward our queen.
I think he was trying to like, have a serious side with her, but it came out weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTdepEIcyAc
2:45 has the taunts that we can see clearly.
The up has more movement than before, it's cool.
down LOL, I love her.

edit: idk where to ask but where do you get those zelda (and other) sprites under my username?

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
omgggg LOL. Why must people be shady toward our queen.
I think he was trying to like, have a serious side with her, but it came out weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTdepEIcyAc
2:45 has the taunts that we can see clearly.
The up has more movement than before, it's cool.
down LOL, I love her.

edit: idk where to ask but where do you get those zelda (and other) sprites under my username?
I love the announcer this time around ;w; but I do wish he was a bit more enthusiastic to see Zelda win!

You can get them by hovering over your username and then clicking "personal details," scroll down and you'll see little drop down menus that ask for your 64/Melee/Brawl/Project M/Smash 4 main, set it to whoever you want and you get their little head under your posts! Hope this is what you were talking about.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I love the announcer this time around ;w; but I do wish he was a bit more enthusiastic to see Zelda win!

You can get them by hovering over your username and then clicking "personal details," scroll down and you'll see little drop down menus that ask for your 64/Melee/Brawl/Project M/Smash 4 main, set it to whoever you want and you get their little head under your posts! Hope this is what you were talking about.
Stupid biased announcer.
Oh, the little heads for Smash 4 are up now, that's nice.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
So guys, I'd like to say that I made some progress on the Zelda threads. But, I would be lying.
Know why?

This is why. It released today in the UK.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX

ahhh thanks. Her smash 4 head is kinda small though. I wonder if wiiu will be updated when it's out because two of the same seem odd.

Someone played Zelda as classic and we can see her photograph at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4wrzRypgDk

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wait a minute, I saw these posts and expected to see the actual IN GAME stock photo available for under the avatar like the other games' pics. I already had mine set to SSB4 main: Zelda. Are you guys just talking about these? :4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::substitute::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda:

Edit: WaiT WAT?! They changed to better icons when I switched to mobile SB...?

EDIT : Ahh, Trollboards, I see. The icon is NOW under my name... < , < '' > , >

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
http://www.twitch.tv/zero/c/5142320

Nairo is kind of a hero. Not sure if you will ever see this but I have two questions for you.

1) Do cancelled nairs allow for follow ups such as a guaranteed kick (example: http://youtu.be/nLLE6Bw-ww0?t=54s) or up/down smash?

2) I notice you don't use much down smash. It has historically been Zelda's fastest [panic] move with fantastic horizontal knockback. How has down smash changed in Smash 4?

8:07, is that a custom thing or...

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What do you mean? Nayru's Love floating? I believe thats the normal one, Nayrus 2 doesn't have mirror-shards and Nayrus 3 has no mirror or shards and explodes so yes. Thats the standard Neutral B.
She slid while using Nayru's... similar to the "love drop".

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
http://www.twitch.tv/zero/c/5142320

Nairo is kind of a hero. Not sure if you will ever see this but I have two questions for you.

1) Do cancelled nairs allow for follow ups such as a guaranteed kick (example: http://youtu.be/nLLE6Bw-ww0?t=54s) or up/down smash?

2) I notice you don't use much down smash. It has historically been Zelda's fastest [panic] move with fantastic horizontal knockback. How has down smash changed in Smash 4?

8:07, is that a custom thing or...
Good effort by Nairo! Bowser looks like another unfavorable match-up for Zelda. So far (early impressions) it looks like Little Mac, Bowser and Ness have got an advantage over her. On the other end she seems to do okay against Duck Hunt Dog, Marth/Lucina and Megaman.

I liked the phantom set-ups. Edge-guarding looks like it might have some potential, but need to careful with long-reach characters. What I really liked was the Din Fire's/Phantom combinations, I was wondering if you could use Phantom as a shield for safer Din's, from the looks of it; it seems somewhat viable.

Also FW on tiny 3DS pad = lots of accidental deaths. I bet this is gonna be a big problem for most Zelda mains. But yeah, great matches Nairo!

Last edited:

Crudedude

Smash Cadet
Good effort by Nairo! Bowser looks like another unfavorable match-up for Zelda. So far (early impressions) it looks like Little Mac, Bowser and Ness have got an advantage over her. On the other end she seems to do okay against Duck Hunt Dog, Marth/Lucina and Megaman.

I liked the phantom set-ups. Edge-guarding looks like it might have some potential, but need to careful with long-reach characters. What I really liked was the Din Fire's/Phantom combinations, I was wondering if you could use Phantom as a shield for safer Din's, from the looks of it; it seems somewhat viable.

Also FW on tiny 3DS pad = lots of accidental deaths. I bet this is gonna be a big problem for most Zelda mains. But yeah, great matches Nairo!
isn't it funny how in brawl zelda wants opponents to approach her and now we have little mac who is constantly approaching and she can't do much against him but it might be like fighting spam knight i guess.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
That was a slide caused by a momentum shift. It looks to be a much smaller effect than it was in brawl. When Zelda is hit with a move and uses Nayru's Love after a jump she can switch the direction of the momentum. This happens with everyone but it is very noticeable on some characters more than others. This is also possible with Farore's Wind. It is what we call love jumping and farore's boosting. Exept in this case Nairo didn't actually go up in the air he slid sideways so it is not much of a jump lol.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
That was a slide caused by a momentum shift. It looks to be a much smaller effect than it was in brawl. When Zelda is hit with a move and uses Nayru's Love after a jump she can switch the direction of the momentum. This happens with everyone but it is very noticeable on some characters more than others. This is also possible with Farore's Wind. It is what we call love jumping and farore's boosting. Exept in this case Nairo didn't actually go up in the air he slid sideways so it is not much of a jump lol.
Quick question, is this similar to how in brawl you would trigger Farore's Wind but if you're falling than you keep on falling and sometimes you miss the ledge, leaving to your inevitable doom. I've done that more times than I'm proud of. Given that Farore's Wind has a much faster start up this game that doesn't happen anymore and I've seen her actually go up from the start?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Wait a minute, I saw these posts and expected to see the actual IN GAME stock photo available for under the avatar like the other games' pics. I already had mine set to SSB4 main: Zelda. Are you guys just talking about these? :4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::substitute::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda:

Edit: WaiT WAT?! They changed to better icons when I switched to mobile SB...?

EDIT : Ahh, Trollboards, I see. The icon is NOW under my name... < , < '' > , >
Yeep. I'm glad that they finally switched to better, tiny heads.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Quick question, is this similar to how in brawl you would trigger Farore's Wind but if you're falling than you keep on falling and sometimes you miss the ledge, leaving to your inevitable doom. I've done that more times than I'm proud of. Given that Farore's Wind has a much faster start up this game that doesn't happen anymore and I've seen her actually go up from the start?
It is similar. In brawl momentum had a heavy effect on Nayru's and Farore's because of how they worked. If Zelda was send flying off the stage and tried to use either of these moves directly after lauch it would cause her momentum to shift to these moves and send her flying in the same direction even faster. This often leads to early SD or unfavorable positions for her. Zelda players realized this negative effect and figured out if we jump before using the moves we could change and control the momentum to use it as an advantage.

Here is an example of Love Jumping in action if anyone is not familiar with this technique.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Love jumping is fun, but I rarely find a good use for it.

Nice videos. My gosh, Bowser is so OP in this game. I'm sure he's a problem for like 80% of the characters.

Pardon my language but Zelda ***** on battlefield. Like, I can see how she can totally control a match. Even in Brawl, she had control quite a bit.

I'm so happy grabs are easier, I wonder if we have frame data and comparisons.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I predicted Little Mac would be a bad MU. Too bad, now Bowser's actually pretty good, so this MU ain't really pretty either (although I still like to think Zelda beats Bowser lol)

I think I also heard Falco is pretty bad in this game, so we may have an advantage on him now?

And Zelda and Battlefield was always something I liked in Brawl. If I considered banned stages too, I'd say Luigi's Mansion was easily one of Zelda's best stages. :3

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, I think we can still beat Bowser. I don't think we can really say quite yet what's a favorable or unfavorable matchup when all we have to go on is one or two matches (though I do think Little Mac will still be a problem, and I also think DHD seems like he'll be tricky as well moreso than in the favor of the Zelda). :p

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It is similar. In brawl momentum had a heavy effect on Nayru's and Farore's because of how they worked. If Zelda was send flying off the stage and tried to use either of these moves directly after lauch it would cause her momentum to shift to these moves and send her flying in the same direction even faster. This often leads to early SD or unfavorable positions for her. Zelda players realized this negative effect and figured out if we jump before using the moves we could change and control the momentum to use it as an advantage.

Here is an example of Love Jumping in action if anyone is not familiar with this technique.
Thanks for explaining. I'm going to admit that I've used love jumping like twice? More than I've used dair...
Love jumping is fun, but I rarely find a good use for it.

Nice videos. My gosh, Bowser is so OP in this game. I'm sure he's a problem for like 80% of the characters.

Pardon my language but Zelda ***** on battlefield. Like, I can see how she can totally control a match. Even in Brawl, she had control quite a bit.

I'm so happy grabs are easier, I wonder if we have frame data and comparisons.
**** does have other meanings, like pillage, destroy, steal etc. That was actually the original meaning before it meant you know... More specifically: an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation. Or we could just say Zelda's kicking major booty. Both'll work.
Fun fact: there's a really old short story piece called "**** of the Lock" where a noblewoman's hair was cut off against her will and she got really pissed off, based off on a somewhat true circumstance.
Quick question. If we have trouble with Marth than Lucina would be a problem too right? I mean she's a clone although i've always thought that it was Marth's reach with his sword that was the real trouble with the matchup and since Lucina's power is at the tip of her sword that wouldn't that mean she would be harder on us?

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
I don't know, I think we can still beat Bowser. I don't think we can really say quite yet what's a favorable or unfavorable matchup when all we have to go on is one or two matches (though I do think Little Mac will still be a problem, and I also think DHD seems like he'll be tricky as well moreso than in the favor of the Zelda). :p
I agree it's early that's why I mentioned early impressions.

I think we've seen like ten or so Little Mac vids vs Zelda. Nairo's stream vs Bowser had like seven using Zelda. It'd be another thing if it was just a casual match-ups but what funnily enough most of what we've seen of Zelda has come from pseudo/early tournaments so they have more weight imo. But yeah, just impressions. There's still lots of tech to discover and the metagame is sure to evolve (especially as people figure out how to really play the new characters).

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh, just realized that our icons have updated to show our Sm4sh mains. XD

Well, we'll definitely play around a lot with the MUs in less than two weeks from now.

Quick question. If we have trouble with Marth than Lucina would be a problem too right? I mean she's a clone although i've always thought that it was Marth's reach with his sword that was the real trouble with the matchup and since Lucina's power is at the tip of her sword that wouldn't that mean she would be harder on us?
Hard to say based on speculation as of now. Of course, the main reason why Marth was such a hassle was because of his range game with Fair and FSmash, alongside the tipper. I would speculate Lucina would be easier at least slightly easier to deal with, but hard to say until we know more of the differences between her and Marth.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
**** does have other meanings, like pillage, destroy, steal etc. That was actually the original meaning before it meant you know... More specifically: an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation. Or we could just say Zelda's kicking major booty. Both'll work.
Fun fact: there's a really old short story piece called "**** of the Lock" where a noblewoman's hair was cut off against her will and she got really pissed off, based off on a somewhat true circumstance.
Ah, interesting. I see it used on here a lot and I found the usage disrespectful normally, but it was fitting for Zelda's butt kicking.

Is there a way to get a gif avatar on here, it won't let me upload it.

Apparently Marth (and I think Lucina by watching replays)'s range isn't quite as far. I think due to Zelda's quicker mechanics and better options overall, we now have the adantage or it's at least equal. Not sure though on any of this, we'll need to play for ourselves for a while to get a better guess.

I think we hold our own against Bowser, he might have a slight advantage but given how OP he is, it could have been worse.

http://www.twitch.tv/zero/c/5142289
Zelda vs Fox. Toward the end of the video.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Zelda has a huge advantage over Bowser and you will notice the matches that Nairo won he used projectiles to the full extent. When Nairo tried to approach he was constantly being punished by Zero because of it. All Zero had to do was throw out a F-smash or a tilt to punish Zelda's approach. When Nairo started throwing out projectiles and forcing Bowser to come to him he was dominating the match. Zelda has the advantage as soon as the match begins. When you approach Bowser at any position you are giving away every advantage you had over him and giving him all the momentum. You are now playing his game. When you force him to approach he no longer has this option and has to find a way in. This leads to Bowser making choices he does not want to make. He is now playing your game!

Zero was constantly reading approaches and punishing them. I seen a lot of Farore's that were punished through the matches. I myself would have used Phantom Slash and Din's to pressure him into the corner. This allows you 2 different options to attack with Farore's. You can do a shortened teleport to hit in front of Bowser (This would probably get punished easily), or you can edge cancel the Farore's into an attack from behind (Very hard to punish this option). This forces Zero to think about which one is coming and how to defend against the attack. Put enough pressure on anyone and they will start making mistakes. This is one thing Zelda excels at. Don't be afraid to use your projectiles! :)

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that cannot see the Smash 4 mains listed ? If i hover over the spot it shows a tooltip, but its empty :confused:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Am I the only one that cannot see the Smash 4 mains listed ? If i hover over the spot it shows a tooltip, but its empty :confused:
Might be you, man. I can see that you're a Robin main.

But IDK if I should list Zelda as both my Sm4sh Wii U and Sm4sh 3DS main, because that's kinda redundant. ^^;;

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Might be you, man. I can see that you're a Robin main.

But IDK if I should list Zelda as both my Sm4sh Wii U and Sm4sh 3DS main, because that's kinda redundant. ^^;;
Right, no use listing Robin on both slots, changed the U one to Zelda X) Wish i could see them though, I'll propably have to delete cookies or something.

Edit, jup deleting cookies fixed it, i can see the icons now <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom