• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs Pit

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, i've been having a wee bit of trouble with the winged ******* known as Pit. To put it simply, pretty much anyone who can disable din's fire and are free to fire their own projectile is a problem for me aka Wolf. The problem is I basically have to be in his face to keep him from spamming that arrow, and Naryu's Love can only do so much since she can't keep it raised. After I get close to him, i have to hope he rolls into me so i can do NL everytime. But that comes with the risk of him doing his fsmash or grabbing if i mispredict or mistake where he's rolling. He's not that big of a problem once he gets in the air, then again not many are with Zelda. So what i'm getting at, what's your approach for Pit? Zelda's not the fastest on the block so it's hell having to air dodge back to back in the air to get to him so he can stop the spam. I'm willing to accept any strategies against those who can disable DF and/or spam a projectile.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Try shorthopping your Nayru's Love as an approach. I haven't had a chance to test that much in this game, but it's worth a shot. You will probably take an arrow or two, but Pit will probably take more.

pretty much anyone who can disable din's fire and are free to fire their own projectile is a problem for me aka Wolf.
Din's Fire outranges his blaster. Even if he's going to try sitting back and using reflector, he can't even reach you from your max range.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Try shorthopping your Nayru's Love as an approach. I haven't had a chance to test that much in this game, but it's worth a shot. You will probably take an arrow or two, but Pit will probably take more.
Not really... NL has a bit of start up time, and jumping before that just gives Pit the extra time for his bow. He'll have fired before you can use the move, depending on the distance. Just practice how far you have to be to have enough time to use Naryu's Love, and airdodge if you're too close, imo. But I've only played Pit once, so I can't really say much here.

Pit's really tricky, I guess. Shield for the first arrow, and if he tries a second use Naryu's Love for that. That's worked for me, if you mix it up. Make him question if you're gonna shield or reflect. But Blink's right, your goal should be to make him question if it's worth it to arrow spam.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if he's camping you, there's nothing you can do about it.

you have to get in his face and stick to him. nayru's love is too laggy to be a reasonable answer to a smart pit, especially one that doesn't shoot mindlessly and bends arrows correctly when approaching/retreating.

if you can powershield the arrows, mixing up powershields with nayru's love out of shield is worthwhile to make him uneasy to arrow spam if he's an idiot but if he's smart he'll just start to camp more conservatively.

you're going to have to be the aggressor here.

Random_X

Smash Rookie
I figured this is how you dealt with Pit when he is doing stupid arrow spam, but thanks for the advice. Once you get close, what is the best way to deal with him when your forced to jump on him to avoid an arrow and to get in his face for instance(this I know is situational...but I know I am going to have to deal with Pits in a tournament I entered in at the end of the month and want to know my difficult opponents inside and out )?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Naryu's love doesn't just reflect. If the Pit rolls, use it up close. It was built to punish bad rolls. If you think they're gonna roll behind you, don't hesitate.

Also, it's invincibility frames can screw your opponent up pretty badly too.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Try shorthopping your Nayru's Love as an approach. I haven't had a chance to test that much in this game, but it's worth a shot.
I've been trying this out a fair bit and it usually works well. Well, I haven't tried it against Pit, but SH NL is actually a pretty good approach for Zelda. NL slows down your momentum when you're in the air and is also much faster this way. Be careful of people shielding it though.

Top Bottom