• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs. Peach

Voltor

Smash Rookie
My friend plays as Peach. I play as Zelda/Sheik. He's a total d.b. with Peach, and I have now become aware of how broken Peach is. Nevertheless, I would appreciate some advice.

He has a tendency of roll-dodging backwards out of my lightning kick, and Peach's stupid Dsmash usually ends up doing at least 30% to me because I get stuck in it. He also gets the stupid zombie-esque turnip far too often, which has a similar effect to the hammer.

Yeah, I need some help.

S2

Smash Lord
If he's spamming his downsmash, keep that in mind.

Peach is open after she d-smashes, so players who abuse it too much can really screw them over.

Trick her with a false approach (can u dash dance and such?) at some point, if she D-smashes, shorthop into a F-air.

Also, if she's roll dodging backwards all the time, use that to your advantage. Use good mind games, if you think he's going to roll back, chase him and then kick him.

It might also be worth your time to learn how to catch turnips. Peaches change their tactics and camp less if they don't think they can hit you with them.

Voltor

Smash Rookie
As for the turnip thing, he's a former Link who NEVER stopped using bombs, even when he's hurt more than I am from them. I'll keep catching them in mind.

I'm either usually too close or too far away to take advantage of a poorly-timed Dsmash. I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the terms dash dance and f-air.

It appears to me now that I may be having spacing problems. What are some effective ways to take advantage of spacing against peach?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Patient man. and bait her to attack.

Attack out of the shield with kicks and space them.

If she throws a turnip most likely it will follow up with a Fair. So N-B it.

Peach is not hard to combo with Zelda. Just dont rush her and space all of your attacks. if you get to close to her, her attacks will beat yours.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Dash-dance means to keep tapping back and forth the ocntrol stick, so you only do the starting animation of the dash, over and over, so you can do an unexpected move, like attacking or jumping, etc.

F-air stands for Forward aerial, meaning its the forward A attack in the air.

Some advice i could give would be... try not to have the control stick down if you get hit by a Down-Smash, since you'll crouch-cancel the attack and stay in the ground, getting hit again and again.

Maybe try to do some more mindgames, make him think you'll do something, and do something else, and punish every mistake he does, like a missed grab or missed attacks.

Also don't just thrown in random Lighting Kicks, make them part of the combos, or actually the finishing move of the combos.

Try looking for videos of Zelda vs Peach matches, and see how the Zelda plays and reacts. Also get to know your opponents peach well, learn his teching paterns and punish them.

I guess thats it.

EDIT: Those videos Mikezor posted, even if they're a bit old, are great, you'll learn a lot by watching them, also theres a thread about the terms in case you have doubts on more of them.

Voltor

Smash Rookie
OK, thanks a lot. I consider myself pretty good, but OBVIOUSLY this is the first time I've bothered reading into some advanced techniques and the lingo.

Thanks again! :)

Buh

Smash Apprentice
One thing with Zelda that works against most projectiles is to reflect it back with Nayru's Love while moving toward the opponent so that the final frames of the move hit the opponent. This causes knockback and decent damage, and it works very effectively against Samus, Peach and Link. Do it rarely to Falco, and NEVER to Fox.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
My friend plays as Peach. I play as Zelda/Sheik. He's a total d.b. with Peach, and I have now become aware of how broken Peach is. Nevertheless, I would appreciate some advice.

He has a tendency of roll-dodging backwards out of my lightning kick, and Peach's stupid Dsmash usually ends up doing at least 30% to me because I get stuck in it. He also gets the stupid zombie-esque turnip far too often, which has a similar effect to the hammer.

Yeah, I need some help.
You sound like you're johning mate. If you're going to complain about how broken peach is, play a better character or stick with Sheik only. As for advice, clearly you need to check out how this game is really played. I can tell you and your friend (who should be wavedashing, not rolling) are what experienced smashers call "casuals," or smashers who generally play for fun, and not get as good as they possibly can at the game.

You though, have just made the first step toward changing that for yourself: joining SWF and asking for advice. Listen to what these guys are saying. Watch the vids of good players. I guarantee you that you will find they play way different than you. Study their styles and strategies- it helps. Look into the three videos of Advanced Techniques posted by MikeZ. Also, check out the guide to terms under Melee Discussion. It's a Sticky, I believe. You're going to be hearing a lot of new vocabulary on the boards, so best know what people are talking about. Good luck man. Learn, practice, apply, and beat your friend.

Top Bottom