• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs Dedede

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
I've been having a little trouble with my friends Dedede. I start out with Din's Fire to distract him so I can approach. I then use dash attacks, short hop Nair, F throw, and U Smash. When he starts getting into the 70s I try to kill. Fsmash, Fair and Bair, up tilt, Uair if I can. When he is high in the air I juggle him with Din Fire. He usually gets to 200 before I can kill him by Utilt or an aerial, or a juggle if I'm lucky. I also use D Smash when he gets to close. Mainly I have trouble with his short hopped Dair and Bair. It is hard for me to recover a lot with the UpB. Any tips?

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
The best way to ko ddd is a sweet spot kick. They are very easy to pull of on his huge body. He is also really easy to spike with your dair. If he is jumping to the ledge not using his up be just short hop dair right on his head he will go straight down. rack up damage with short hopped nairs or upsmash to nair combos. Also if you get him into a dtilt you can hit him quite a few times get a trip and punish him. When ddd is at 200 you can use pretty much any of zelda's smashes to knock him off. Since all are pretty good kos.

Also zeldas up b is harder than it looks. You have to really hit the edge because she doesn't DI for the first few seconds after. Also if you go under the stage you won't get back on. But it all just takes getting used to and finding out perfect angles that you will hit the edge or the other player every time.

I hope that helps

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is a fairly easy opponent, I've found. Your Din's Fire has longer range than his waddle-dee toss, and naryu's love can reflect his gordos. He's also very large, so you can shorthop a fair or bair to kill him at very low percentages. His recovery is also fairly easy to disrupt with Din's Fire. Up air also kills at fairly low percentage.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
I found Dx3 a rather easy opponent with Zelda as well, he's just really friggen huge. I'd suggest though, that you may not want to close the distance all the time, if he's staying back and waiting for you to close in, just sit back and keep that din's fire coming.

Also, be sure to make use of platforms when facing him. Remember, you can control your din's fire a lot easier than he can his waddle-dees. If you manage to pull off an F-smash at a moderate percent, don't give chase, just follow up with the Juggle, even one or two hits is another 20 (percent).

Honestly, I find most of my kills are from using Din's fire when I knock him off the stage and get him to do his Up-B and from there I can take my sweet time to get that finishing move in. I usually ended up killing him around 130(percent) on average I'd say.

ApolloX54

Smash Apprentice
It's simple.. take your toe and and slightly point it... whilst it is inside his eye.. sparks will fly.. the world will stop for a few seconds and then death...

Use his body to your advantage... Den's fire every opportunity you get... it's great....

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Be thankful that Zelda is the first character that's too light to get CG'd by Dedede (Peach does x_x). Doesn't work on Sheik, either.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Be thankful that Zelda is the first character that's too light to get CG'd by Dedede (Peach does x_x). Doesn't work on Sheik, either.

Pretty true although there is other methods of CG with dede that hurts zelda and i won't say them because the enemy might read thise<''>

MINDGAMES!

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Turn into Sheik and combo him to 80% with tilts.
Note that his problem was not racking up damage. He was getting to 200% without being able to finish him. If he's having problems finishing with Zelda, he doesn't stand a chance doing so with Sheik (of all characters).

Crazy Hobo

Smash Cadet
Ya I'm pretty bad with Sheik. But I'm beating him consistently now. All I had to do was spam more.

Top Bottom