• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Video Thread

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
All this Zelda footage is making it really hard to wait these last two days. I'm excited to see how she is in the new system. I haven't watched much footage of her in Smash 4 because I knew it'd make it harder to wait.

I did see Nairo vs Zero though at one point, and she looked pretty good.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Y U DO DIS? :c

Watching this, I realize how much my Bowser sucks. I gotta step up my game. I'm too predictable.
Honestly bowser doesn't have that many good mix ups. He's like ike in brawl, people thought he was the best at the start and later on he slowly faded away.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Y U DO DIS? :c

Watching this, I realize how much my Bowser sucks. I gotta step up my game. I'm too predictable.
I find :34 of this video to be kinda interesting. Did that happen because of the size of bowser?

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that's kinda interesting. Who'd think the Phantom would be useful against Sonic of all people!
Yeah sometimes the Phantom can be an effective "wall" for Sonic but smart folks will adapt and stop trying to just rush you in that way, so the Sonic matchup is still quite rough.

BBNik

Smash Cadet

Torisuna

Smash Rookie
The Phantom has awesome wall properties. Like specially against links who use their recovery to early. I may have a vid to show a good match.

Torisuna

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmwBBwsFA54

Ok this is Zelda vs Toon Link. This was a friendly match at a local tourny that I was actually running a 103 temp and was still there lol. So my zelda might be a little off her game. Like Utilt combos and Down Throw-shorthop-neutral airs. Stuff like that but I think its a good watch. Also it was recorded from my cell sorry for the quality if it bothers some. Let me know what you guys think :p

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmwBBwsFA54

Ok this is Zelda vs Toon Link. This was a friendly match at a local tourny that I was actually running a 103 temp and was still there lol. So my zelda might be a little off her game. Like Utilt combos and Down Throw-shorthop-neutral airs. Stuff like that but I think its a good watch. Also it was recorded from my cell sorry for the quality if it bothers some. Let me know what you guys think :p
Aha, so here's where your confidence in Din's Fire came from. :awesome:

Some mistakes, but overall you were very solid on acting OoS, and that made the difference. Good for you!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I thought I'd bring in a video from a recent Hypest Tournament for you guys to show off some Zelda play from it!

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
He was far too aggressive and failed to shield far too much, his reliance on Fair renders him insanely vulnerable. He needs more Nairs (yes, empty ones could work) to apply pressure.

He also needs to work on timing his grabs. He hardly threw out grabs, for starters, and when he did, they were poorly timed. The part where he failed to punish Ness's fall to the stage was thoroughly disappointing to see.

That being said though, it's completely possible that the online lag played a factor into the missed opportunities.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have a video of me playing zelda too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTZhLY1__s

this is my 4th episode of a little series i'm doing with me playing FG to improve. feel free to subscribe! though the play displayed in this vid is not very high level yet. i have many more replays though that will be much better! but they will be with falcon/various other characters. still playing plenty of zelda though, especially for certain matchups

Last edited:
Top Bottom