• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So as cool as this new banner is, It's really triggering my cynism. How convenient that a banner with some of the most popular heroes that were never in focus sans takumi came up right after the most anticipated banner in Heroes history with zero fanfare and the like.

GGGorllll

I just tried and got...
View attachment 128461
*happy incoherent screeching*

NVM CHECKED THEIR IVS
HECTOR AND TACOMEAT -ATK

*ANGRY SCREECHING*
oh look a free distant counter for zephiel

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I probably got at least 20+ notifications just from RosalinA RosalinA giving me likes in the past few hours

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Well I blew the rest of my orbs trying to get hector.
No hector but I got ryoma and another azura.
ryoma is -atk/+res tho (kill me) and I already have ike so yeah...

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm probably just going to stop playing FE heroes. These free orbs take a lifetime to get and whenever I summon I always get trash units. I feel like I haven't gotten a good unit in years.

:150:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
"I hope I get another Setsuna", said the hopeless fool.

Been having upload problems, so not going to bother.
3* Barst: +Atk, -HP. Huh, I don't know how to feel about this one. +Atk, -Def works, but he takes more damage than usual and wouldn't be that great with Bonfire. Might switch to this one. Really have to use one of the other Barsts to give Brave Axe to somebody...

4* Hawkeye: +Res, -Spd. Cool, Threaten Attack for Oboro or someone.

3* Matthew: +HP, -Res. Yeah... If only you were a 4* so I could give Hone Speed to people since Rogue Dagger is useless and Reciprocal Aid is only good on certain characters.

3* Raigh: +HP, -Res. Considering him a new summon since I never actually summoned Raigh -- everyone starts out with him. Seal Res would be useful on someone. Same with Rally Attack and Raourwolf.

3* Setsuna: +Res, -Spd. Literally Rebecca if she didn't have -Atk or Darting Blow... Better than -Atk Setsuna, though. Just gotta work bit by bit to build an awesome Setsuna I suppose.

Edit: This was the hunk, lobster, pineapple, and water banner. I wanted the hunk, lobster, and some water. Yes, I'm thirsty and hungry. :p

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
GORL
IMG_1762.PNG
IMG_1764.PNG
Ryouma - +atk -hp
Hector - +spd -def
Takumi - +atk-hp

I have truly been blessT

I still want Aqua tho

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I've made up my mind, I'm skipping this banner and I'm giving up on the Radiance banner. All I want from the Radiance banner is Soren and he will probably be available at 4 stars afterwards, and Azura is basically the only unit from the cashgrab banner that I need, but meh. I really need mages, so that banner with Sanaki, Linde, Tharja, and Julia is perfect for me.
I'll waste all of my earnings on that instead. :colorful:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm so glad that I already have Tharja and Linde or else I'd spend a billion dollars on that banner, too. I'd like Julia because I don't have any green nuke mages, but I can live without her. Unless I get super lucky and randomly summon Julia, I'm content with waiting for a +spd Nino and promoting ha to 5*.

The male mage banner is hilariously awful

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The male mage banner is hilariously awful
But Henry and Leo are fantastic units I don't know what you're talking about????? They're slower than Hector and would hit stronger by ripping out a page from their book and folding it into a paper airplane and throwing it at their enemies but they're SSS+ tier for sure!
I think I'll join Henry's team for the gauntlet tbh

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
But Henry and Leo are fantastic units I don't know what you're talking about????? They're slower than Hector and would hit stronger by ripping out a page from their book and folding it into a paper airplane and throwing it at their enemies but they're SSS+ tier for sure!
Is leo actually ****?
I really need a mage but the only 5 star mages I have are leo and olwen

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I forgot Leon was a part of the banner, but looking at his stats, my previous post still stands.

His atk is average and his spd is literal garbage tier. I guess they balanced him around the idea of "bulky mage," but he's not even that bulky. With such awful spd, they should have at least given him a few more points of atk, but w/e. At least his tome has a cool effect. I assume he's decent, but he's not someone I would try to pull.

Idk whose team I'll join in the gauntlet. I don't really care about any of the characters, so I'll probably just join Tharja's team for the easy feathers or something.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm probably just going to stop playing FE heroes. These free orbs take a lifetime to get and whenever I summon I always get trash units. I feel like I haven't gotten a good unit in years.

You could just slow down and at the very least, log in every day for orbs. Playing it too much can burn you out which applies to any game or anything really.

Check in whenever there are unit quests e.g. the Whitewing sisters -- I didn't have Est and could have possibly not have had Draug or Niles, but they showed up before their quests -- which may give you people you don't have and of course, the GHBs.

GORL
View attachment 128487View attachment 128488 Ryouma - +atk -hp
Hector - +spd -def
Takumi - +atk-hp

I have truly been blessT

I still want Aqua tho
Ooo! I've heard people say to give Ryoma Vantage.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Btw Lorde Lorde , how's Yooka Laylee?

Since I've heard mixed opinions about it. Tom Fawkes and The Completionist love it, but Dunkey thinks it's not that good. What're your thoughts about it?
lol totally just saw this, even though i'm like 11 days late

i didn't like it

i played like an hour or two of it and then gave up because it just wasn't fun for me

i'm sure people who grew up playing games like banjo kazookie would like it, but it just wasn't my thing

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I spent $40 on orbs and not a single 5 Star...I just wanted another Hector to give Sharena Distant Counter QnQ

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
lol totally just saw this, even though i'm like 11 days late

i didn't like it

i played like an hour or two of it and then gave up because it just wasn't fun for me

i'm sure people who grew up playing games like banjo kazookie would like it, but it just wasn't my thing
That's understandable. I felt the same when I played DK64 on the Wii U VC. I honestly felt like controls weren't great with the camera and the rocketbarrel. And don't get me started on Beaver Bother.

Sure, I appreciate the charm it had. But I just thought that it aged both well and terrible.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Anyways that was my wake up call to never buy orbs again
The few 4 Stars I did get (since I was only picking green orbs) have awful natures, and most aren't good fodder either

THIS WAS MY FIRST PULL TOO SMH

Literally the only "good" things I got here were a +Spd 3 Star Nino and an extra Cecilia to put into my female Robin

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I mean, it is a gacha game

Sometimes you'll get amazing pulls and other times you'll get absolute sh*t

That's the nature of RNG

+spd Nino is super good

I recommend you 5* her, but that's up to you since you basically have to build a team around her to use her

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

That's the nature of RNG

+spd Nino is super good

I recommend you 5* her, but that's up to you since you basically have to build a team around her to use her
I know Nino is amazing but like I'm already planning on investing 86,200 feathers on a different green Mage so yeah

And I know, I'm not gonna dwell on it too much. I knew the risks. Was just hoping that risk would've been more worth with the 5% base chance. I have a 10% chance for a 5 star next summon, with a 6% chance for a focus. Hopefully I can get enough free orbs in time, and hopefully actually get something.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I spent $40 on orbs and not a single 5 Star...I just wanted another Hector to give Sharena Distant Counter QnQ
Hmm, Sharena has pretty good attack and is fast to avoid getting doubled, but her defense is almost good while her resistance is meh. If you plan on it, do you have Vantage you can give her?

Aside from the knights, Merric?, and either Robin, can't really think of who'd you want to give Close/Distant Counter or doesn't already have it built-in like Camus, Hector, Ike, Ryoma, Takumi, and Xander.

Eh, I'm this checklist is what I'm looking at when I saw you say you wanted Distant Counter on Sharena: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ce-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4767164.

Edit: Titania apparently can be really good with Distant Counter.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Hmm, Sharena has pretty good attack and is fast to avoid getting doubled, but her defense is almost good while her resistance is meh. If you plan on it, do you have Vantage you can give her?

Aside from the knights and either Robin, can't really think of who'd you want to give Close/Distant Counter.

Eh, I'm this checklist is what I'm looking at when I saw you say you wanted Distant Counter on Sharena: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ce-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4767164.
She's had Vantage 3 for a while. That's why I've been wanting Distant Counter for her, cause she keeps getting killed by mages or archers in the enemy phase that she could've killed with Vantage, had she had Distant Counter.

She also has Glimmer, which while I'm sure isn't the most optimal, I wasn't really thinking about New Moon since I gave it to her back when skill inheritance was new.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
She's had Vantage 3 for a while. That's why I've been wanting Distant Counter for her, cause she keeps getting killed by mages or archers in the enemy phase that she could've killed with Vantage, had she had Distant Counter.

She also has Glimmer, which while I'm sure isn't the most optimal, I wasn't really thinking about New Moon since I gave it to her back when skill inheritance was new.
Oh, okay. I just asked on SF because I was curious. Waiting, waiting... She should be able to pull it off like Ryoma with Vantage.

As for Glimmer, I think someone on SF said that the only point when it becomes stronger than Dragonic Aura and Gaze is when it's completely overkill. If only Astra and Glimmer used your speed stat to boost damage... Luna and Moonbow might be better on Sharena.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ah right, I mean Moonbow
I can get one of those to her, maybe
Glimmer has been okay, but I can tell that sometimes it wasn't helping much

I have an extra Sheena now, which armor unit would most appreciate Svalinn Shield? Effie would lose Death Blow, while Zephiel would lose Life and Death...but it would help with survivability on an armor team. The same unit would also get Fortify Armor

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

That's the nature of RNG

+spd Nino is super good

To some degree, anyway.

It may be better to 5* her and then give her book to Flying Boobs or Elincia's Grandma. With Hone Fliers or Hone Cavalry (easier to get) they will get +18 slapped right on top of their ATK. So... Julias on wyverns/horsies.

Anyway, I did a bad thing. I spent 600ish dollars on the Cash-Grab Banner. Though I do not regret it. I'll hard cap my spending at 1k for this game since it's PPC anyway. I wasted more at Atlantic City so far and got nothing in return. At least this way I get husbandos to poke at my leisure. WHAT A STEAL!

The funny thing is, I was aiming for a good Setsuna. Got 4 Hectors (one is actually usable), 5 Ryomas (one is actually usable), and 7 Takumis (one is actually usable). IMO if you wanna spend money on this game, the 5% focus banner seems the way to go. I did get some 5 star rubbish (Maria and Sakura 5* lmaooooo) but I did get other good 5* stuff like Raven/Lucina/Karel. But at the same time, the fact I pulled 4/5/7 and only ONE of each is actually worth the effort to use... Well, that really just sounds like a cautionary tale.

If the mage one is also 5% focus I will go for that too. If not, I'll just wait for the next one.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ah right, I mean Moonbow
I can get one of those to her, maybe
Glimmer has been okay, but I can tell that sometimes it wasn't helping much

I have an extra Sheena now, which armor unit would most appreciate Svalinn Shield? Effie would lose Death Blow, while Zephiel would lose Life and Death...but it would help with survivability on an armor team. The same unit would also get Fortify Armor
Maybe she should keep it. The issue with the negate effective against skills is that you can't know if a team will have anti-whatever weapons unless it's a story map or GHB. Effie probably wants to keep Death Blow to maximize her damage which is the same with Zephiel. At the same time, all the knights would want Distant Counter if you intend on running an all-armor team. So, cool skill, but probably not something Effie and Zephiel want. I guess for Draug and Gwendolyn, sure, since they don't have an A-slot, but even then...

Oh, and those units you got. Frederick can give Luna to units like Hana, Lon'qu, Navarre, Setsuna, Sharena, Virion, etc. Basically, any unit that doesn't have 30 defense or resistance or 50-ish attack to use Bonfire/Ignis, Iceberg/Glacies, or Dragonic Aura or Dragon Fang. Moonbow should be used if you have Wo Dao or you really, really need to activate it every battle which Sharena might not since if she can double and kill, then Moonbow gets wasted while Luna can give her a powerful strong first hit on the next battle. Similar example with Brave weapon users.

Or you could use him for Fortify Def. Gunter giving Fortify Cavalry would be great for a cavalry team.

Cress! Cress! , you are a whale now. :p

All those C/D Counters, Threaten Def, and Wo Dao+. Can I have a Karel? Selena would like a Wo Do+ to become a stronger gorl.

Edit: Oops.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait what
Were u talking to Puddin
I'm just a penguin
I don't give out money, my only purpose is to be admired by others and I fail at that
Oops... You saying you're a penguin reminds me of Grim's spirit animal being a penguin. Man, I miss that show sometimes.

Ahem, Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , you are a whale.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
What kind of job allows you to feel comfortable with dropping over half a grand on a free 2 play smart phone game?

I do not drive or have a license, so any money that WOULD go towards a car/car insurance goes into a bank account. Though I do get a comfortable 32~38 hour job that gives me around 800-1200 dollars extra spending money after ALL bills are taken care of (including food expenses). To top it off, any day I work I get money off from pre-prepared food so I stock up on that. So yeeee.

The lack of a Nintendo Switch probably has something to do with my purchase(s) too. But oh well.

Wait what
Were u talking to Puddin
I'm just a penguin
I don't give out money, my only purpose is to be admired by others and I fail at that
wow ur gonna let this gorl call u a WHALE? fite ha 4 makin fat joeks.

Also to be a whale in this game you need to spend 2k+ easily. I got extremely lucky with my pulls, seeing most units except for:
1) Red Oboro -> lame anyway evenifheiscute
2) Yandere Faye -> lame anyway but gr8 art
3) Emo Soren -> 0/10 not DO MY BEST or Julia
4) HotButEmo Leo -> only red mage horsie but oh well
5) Linde -> only one I missed that's actually good or useful
6) Olwen -> worse Rein/better Ursula but not hot looking or hot sounding so 0/10
7) Mist -> who is this???
8) Sanaki -> 0/10 not Tharja

The downside of having more variety over quantity means only a small handful of them are useful. :T

Oops...

Ahem, Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , you are a whale.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Svalinn Shield is pretty bad and I recommend you don't use it. The A slot is basically the most important slot, and throwing it away just to negate hammers/heavy spears/armorslayers isn't a good idea since those weapons are super situational (i.e. are rarely used), and the weapons' effect isn't as useful since the only common armor unit is Hector. The only reason Iote's Shield sees use is because bow users are pretty common, so fliers love removing that weakness. The armor piercing weapons can't even compare.

Basically, don't use Svalinn Shield because it's a pretty much a waste of a slot, even on armor teams. Grani's Shield will be in the same boat once Camus is released.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I want an Aqua so badly

I'm so jelly

Thankfully I get paid again before the banner ends, so I'll have to buy a few orbs next week and see if I can get ha

Which natures did you get on Ninian and Aqua, Puddin?

Last edited:
Top Bottom