• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How's it going Gary-Stu mains? :facepalm:

He's always gonna be my introverted nerdy Gary Stu.

Oh don't worry, I know of how bad SAO is; and the infamous 16.5 thing as well. All thanks to Demolition D. :yeahboi:
I remember being same, but one day I decided to watch the series for fun and... I guess I dug in deep, but now I just want the series to get better instead of demonizing it about and treat is as a proof that trash is born and will die as trash. :ultzelda: I think Alicization and Progressive-novels show some promise with that stuff at least...

Over the years it's kind of grown cynical and tiresome of making fun of it since that's become such a deadbeat horse and at times doesn't even work as much, and upon that the critical people on it are completely ignoring the series and it's author's actual progression and improvement forward. It kind of dawned on me just how high the standards the series was given to live up with merely by it's starting premise, after coming from being a web novel from almost two decades back that just managed to get it's anime adaptation go lucky.

I guess I just want better for things that started as trash, instead of keeping them as trash to get more kick out of them. Like, allow them flourish one day as well. Doesn't everyone?

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I tried to pull on the legendary banner but that was dumb of me cause my luck with them is always awful. Even after spending a bit all I got was Speed Tactic Fodder

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i only had 50 orbs, but somehow i managed to pull the only unit i wanted from the legendary banner: bridal sanaki. however, she’s +atk -spd so idk if i should use her as def/res link fodder for odin like i originally planned or if i should keep her and build her up. any suggestions?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So some FEH stuff. I did 3 full pulls and got Innes, L!Eirika, and L!Lyn, because they knew full well I didn't gaf about them and didn't want them at all. On the plus side the gorls are +atk/-res, and neutral natures so they are usable. The sissy lame boi is +res/-atk and is trash fodder. I was thinking of using L!Eirika's solo ability for a colorless nuker boi. Except, like, Legault hasn't come home and no matter what I do with Saizo he comes up short. He a buff boi, but he short boi (33 hp base why). Pls save our bara boi, IS. Bara bois should not have garbage hp and mediocere atk.

The Direct is cool and all, but I'm not waking up at 7 AM on the morning after Halloween night. That should be illegal. haha jk I'm still going to wake up that early, good thing I don't have to do anything the rest of the day.
Do what I do. Go get that bread either in irl or through video games.

Side note: 1 person bought my Ban Zelda Poster and I want to know who this mystery gorl is. inb4 it's just Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress!

i only had 50 orbs, but somehow i managed to pull the only unit i wanted from the legendary banner: bridal sanaki. however, she’s +atk -spd so idk if i should use her as def/res link fodder for odin like i originally planned or if i should keep her and build her up. any suggestions?
Odin has OK/good everything except atk, which is pitifully low even with his +14 mt tome.

Until.
Y'know.
You put +30 on his atk and +6 to all his other normal stats O O O O O P S T.

If you want the most ridiculous unit in the game, just pair him with M!Corrin and use Reposition. rip2allheauxes except maybe default Bow Lyn or Dull Range heauxes (lol like people use that tho). Corrin himself is a pretty balanced-good unit, so giving him +6 to everything is nice too. Bonus points = prf refined weapons for maximum arena score.

I wish I could Def/Res Link. Instead I just 2 garbage waifus and a wimpy heaux. :^(

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Aimed on getting at least 2 Sumias to fodder off on this banner. 150 orbs got me both of them, plus 2 Silases and 2 Maes each for merges. Woohoo! I also got a M!Grima so there's Vengeful fodder if I ever care about investing more into armors (I probably won't but w.e.)
Side note: 1 person bought my Ban Zelda Poster and I want to know who this mystery gorl is. inb4 it's just Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress!
That wasn't me, I haven't played the game at all since u made that. :drohmy:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Odin has OK/good everything except atk, which is pitifully low even with his +14 mt tome.

Until.
Y'know.
You put +30 on his atk and +6 to all his other normal stats O O O O O P S T.

If you want the most ridiculous unit in the game, just pair him with M!Corrin and use Reposition. rip2allheauxes except maybe default Bow Lyn or Dull Range heauxes (lol like people use that tho). Corrin himself is a pretty balanced-good unit, so giving him +6 to everything is nice too. Bonus points = prf refined weapons for maximum arena score.

I wish I could Def/Res Link. Instead I just 2 garbage waifus and a wimpy heaux. :^(
My M!Corrin is paired with H!Zero, and I've been using them + a healer and a dancer to clear all of the lunatic chain challenges. It's surprisingly effective, although I have had some issues with some of the dumb CCs (basically chapter 13 bc of that dumb BK map and then 9&10 also being awful).

I'm hesitant to use Sanaki for fodder tho bc +atk is her best boon. Her other stats don't really matter since her whole deal is to one shot everything. 39 base atk on a flying mage is no joke. I also like her as a character quite a bit, so I might just use her. But I've also been waiting to give Def/Res Link to Odin for over a month now. Maybe I'll grind out some more CCs and see if I can pull another Sanaki before the LHB ends.

Also, atk spd solo is basically the best offensive a slot for healers. if you have any healers you like, you could consider giving it to them instead of legault/saizou/whoever else

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Did You Know Gaming fans? :nifty::ultzelda:

So we'll be getting the Direct in a few hours, hopefully we'll get some good stuff soon~. :yeahboi:

Also, I'll admit, I wish that Komoney gave us a Halloween Event focused on Ghostricks or Wights. I could probably see how the Event could've gone:

Either have it set in Ghostrick Mansion, or an Event version of Bonz, since many of his rewards are Ghostricks; and he also has Skull Servant cards as his Level Up rewards. Oh well, maybe soon we'll get more Support. :V (At least I got Needle Ceiling, though I'll still need Drowning Mirror Force and Palezoic Canadia.)

Also we got another one of these BBTAG "Podcasts". :yeahboi: They do a nice job with these, though I'm a bit miffed that Centralfiction isn't getting a Dub at all; I would've loved to hear Patrick Seitz once again voice Ragna, oh well. Guess we'll keep that in BBTAG.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay this place is sorta working again

So is Piranha Plant actually real or is this all a huge sleep-deprived hallucination

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
yes it's real and it's great

tbh i thought it was going to be geno, but then ****ing piranha plant came out of nowhere

it looks really fun to play and i'm excited for it to be available

also i get that people wanted banjo/isaac/whoever else to get in, but expecting like 5 new characters when sakurai said there weren't many left to reveal is just setting yourself up for disappointment. although mach rider would have been cool because i would like to run people over with a motorcycle

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is so unbelievably wholesome that it smooshed my heart with cuddles.

You must watch it. It is the law.

Okay this place is sorta working again

So is Piranha Plant actually real or is this all a huge sleep-deprived hallucination
BUT ITS BASICALLY LIKE A PLANT VERSION OF A CHAIN CHOMP WITHOUT THE BARKING (which is sad but) -EEEEEEEEEEEE- that's still 2 great things.

20/10 he will be the best boi and I'll love him forever even if he somehow becomes more annoying to fight than Mayonetta.

preshus plant boi.jpg

yes it's real and it's great

tbh i thought it was going to be geno, but then ****ing piranha plant came out of nowhere

it looks really fun to play and i'm excited for it to be available

also i get that people wanted banjo/isaac/whoever else to get in, but expecting like 5 new characters when sakurai said there weren't many left to reveal is just setting yourself up for disappointment. although mach rider would have been cool because i would like to run people over with a motorcycle
tbh the leak could still be very real and is the final projected roster for this round of DLC. They probably picked characters who were voted highly in the the Bayonetta Gate polls (Geno, Choir Boys, BnK, Issac). I'm still very happy with the roster. Maybe one of the bara bois will actually be fun to play as.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just keep throwing out occasional DLC over the next few years. Even if they're mostly made up of echo fighters, music, stages, and costumes for Miis. ez cash. ez longevity. thnx nintendo.

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
oof...What hurts the most is that we went over the options menu for so long...and of course equipment 2.0 but trophies.
"Ok we get it..." 4 more examples "OK you can stop now"
Not too happy about Incinaroar either...lamest of the gen 8 starters imo...and oh look at that he's weak to edgeguards totally surprised...another character I throw off the stage and watch flail...
And then...plant...I must say...well played. Poor Waluigi / Geno though...and I was getting a bit excited about the prospect of Skull Kid...And god that AT train...jeez, heartbreaker for sure. Many Fs were typed for their respective fans.
But hey, Adventure mode is back so that's really cool.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Hey!
Oh, it’s good to see everyone from the old social is still here, so it seems,
I didn’t see the direct, but I rushed back here after finding out about Piranha Plant. How unique. It’s a very Nintendo thing to do.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
btw the Treehouse mentioned that Incineroar is the new slowest character. Robin fans can finally celebrate for being alleviated of their crowning failure.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tbh the leak could still be very real and is the final projected roster for this round of DLC. They probably picked characters who were voted highly in the the Bayonetta Gate polls (Geno, Choir Boys, BnK, Issac).
it's definitely possible, but the Grinch leak is still fake. They implied Mach Rider, Geno, Isaac, etc. would be in the base game and they obviously aren't. I'm fine with whoever they choose as the DLC characters, as long as they're unique and interesting.

I'm still very happy with the roster.
Yeah, I feel the same. After my most wanted characters were added in Smash 4 (Rosalina and Bayonetta), I didn't really care who else got in. The previously cut veterans coming back is the best thing imo because Ivysaur and Squirtle were the only other characters I really wanted (although Tetra would be cool). We have over 70 characters in Ultimate, so I don't get why people are still complaining about the roster.

I cannot wait for December 7th. Ultimate is going to be incredible and I am so ready.

Also can we talk about Zelda's voice in the Spirits trailer thing? lol

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Zelda's voice was bad, Inceneroar is bad, Spirits is bad.

And my heart is racing because I'm just so excited to play the game!

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Zelda's voice was bad, Inceneroar is bad, Spirits is bad.

And my heart is racing because I'm just so excited to play the game!
Zelda's voice was god tier shut ya mouth.

Everyone needs to remember this as the day Sakurai trolled us with 30 minutes of stickers.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Easily the best part of the direct was the adventure mode. It looked amazing! The entire spirts thing was reminiscent of stickers, but they’re more interesting than their Brawl counterparts.
Aside from the Piranha Plant which I adore for it’s silliness, the character reveals didn’t do much for me.
Overall I’d give it a 7/10.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
To get off topic of the Direct for a second, I guess today is Silas' birthday so I'll show the progress I have on mine so far.

I plan on giving his weapon a Spd refine, and then I also want to replace his A slot with Spd/Def Bond. I'd also consider switching over to +Spd IV's if I get one (one of the merges came from a +Spd Silas, but he was also -Atk which is a big no), but +Atk -Res is still solid until I get there. I'm also still not entirely sure what special to use (thinking Aether), but again, Glimmer is fine for now with his absolutely ridiculous Atk stat. 55 base, Atk/Def Link raises that to 61, Reprisal Lance raises it to 67 on the enemy phase. stronkk boi.

Back to Smash, this sounds kinda strange but it made me happy seeing Tiki and BK as assist trophies! Of course them being playable would've been better, but seeing them in the game and moving at all is already neat. Plus since Rathalos is an assist trophy and a boss, maybe BK will be a boss as well? A few other assist trophies are villains (Dr Wily, Skull Kid and the Moon), so I wonder if this is where the bulk of bosses will be coming from. We did see Galleom returning, and then there's Galeem ofc, but I hope that they keep the original bosses kinda low and focus on bringing in bosses from other games instead.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I was looking at this trying to decide what color of planty boi to main and I noticed something
Screenshot (53).png

Default, yellow, black, and purple are all in pots. Green, pink, white, and blue are in warp pipes. That's a neat detail.

And I think it's down between maining either yellow or purple, but I like all of them except for the default color.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Months of lurking and I just realized this is ULTIMATE'S Zelda social :mad088:

Also Im probably gonna get my first crown in FEH so that's nice

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
If I had all the characters available to me on day one this would be the order I would play them in.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
If I had all the characters available to me on day one this would be the order I would play them in.
I raise you mine
Spy.jpg
Also, I'll probably start as Fox, since my other characters won't be available.

I am showing my blonde/blue bias here... I am so glad that I can have a blue/blonde Zelda Alt you have no idea.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
why does the Zero Suit Samus's face look more poorly photoshopped than my avi?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
why does the Zero Suit Samus's face look more poorly photoshopped than my avi?
Probably has something to do with the Orange. Samus is blue and the orange is the direct counterpart to that, so it makes her look detached kinda.

I used the color stripes as a ranking system.

Last edited:

Kyle B

Smash Cadet
1541144191820.png
My list. Maining Zelda as always and then Sheik, and Richter with Bayonetta provided I feel she was nerfed enough.
I also wanted to ask...in general what are Zelda's best and worst stages? Competitively speaking.
Here is Zer0 and Mew2King's list of "pre-approved" stages for Ultimate mostly made of the past legal ones:
It's never been something I've looked into but with stage select coming before fighter select It's going to be a little more important now.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Fans of Gardening? :ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultzelda:

So the direct has come to an end yesterday afternoon. Might as well give my overall thoughts about it.

I was happy with what we got, I know that some people weren't as excited or thought it wasn't a very good presentation; but honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed what we got.

Adventure Mode looks stunning, Ken Masters looks like he might be a slightly better Ryu, Incineroar is making the Furries hyped. But forget them, let's talk about our boy... PIRANHA PLANT. :yeahboi:

But in all seriousness, I was a bit disappointed that Shadow was an Assist Trophy. But what shot me down the most was Rex got deconfirmed. FeelsBadMan
At least we got DLC to hope for say Mythra to make it in, since she could play like she does in Torna: The Golden Country.

Guile as an assist trophy is amazing though.
HOW DO YOU APPROACH A MAN THAT'S HOLDING DOWN BACK!? :secretkpop:

I'd say this was overall, a good direct. A solid way to end it off, now I hope we get Mythra or maybe even Addam in Smash as DLC. Also, the vocal version of the Smash Ultimate theme is nice.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
How's it going Fans of Gardening? :ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultzelda:

So the direct has come to an end yesterday afternoon. Might as well give my overall thoughts about it.

I was happy with what we got, I know that some people weren't as excited or thought it wasn't a very good presentation; but honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed what we got.

Adventure Mode looks stunning, Ken Masters looks like he might be a slightly better Ryu, Incineroar is making the Furries hyped. But forget them, let's talk about our boy... PIRANHA PLANT. :yeahboi:

But in all seriousness, I was a bit disappointed that Shadow was an Assist Trophy. But what shot me down the most was Rex got deconfirmed. FeelsBadMan
At least we got DLC to hope for say Mythra to make it in, since she could play like she does in Torna: The Golden Country.

Guile as an assist trophy is amazing though.
HOW DO YOU APPROACH A MAN THAT'S HOLDING DOWN BACK!? :secretkpop:

I'd say this was overall, a good direct. A solid way to end it off, now I hope we get Mythra or maybe even Addam in Smash as DLC. Also, the vocal version of the Smash Ultimate theme is nice.

In no way does a costume prevent a character from getting in.

And to approach a man holding down-back, all you have to do is crawl :demon:.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Zelda talking again is life to my ears

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They freaking let Falco auto-cancel his Dair again in Ultimate. The damage was reduced and overall knockback looks weaker, but that's just dumb. And they also gave what looks like an execution for his D-throw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYO9GDUnLcI&feature=youtu.be&t=19. I thought this was supposed to be a family-friendly game. Not even Snake snapped people's necks for D-throw and his pummel. He puts them to sleep and chokes them. :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Chron

Smash Journeyman
To get off topic of the Direct for a second, I guess today is Silas' birthday so I'll show the progress I have on mine so far.

I plan on giving his weapon a Spd refine, and then I also want to replace his A slot with Spd/Def Bond. I'd also consider switching over to +Spd IV's if I get one (one of the merges came from a +Spd Silas, but he was also -Atk which is a big no), but +Atk -Res is still solid until I get there. I'm also still not entirely sure what special to use (thinking Aether), but again, Glimmer is fine for now with his absolutely ridiculous Atk stat. 55 base, Atk/Def Link raises that to 61, Reprisal Lance raises it to 67 on the enemy phase. stronkk boi.
Your likely better off fully investing into his defense, because raising his speed uses so many skill slots. I would recommend using Sturdy Stance for A Skill and Close Defense/Quick Riposte for the Seal. Also, using Bonfire or Ignis would give him a boost in damage output, but Aether scores better and gives him more sustain from healing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom