• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Could someone give a quick rundown of what exactly transcendence in smash is? I never really figured that out
I'm assuming you know how priority works when two moves come out at the same time? Typically you get a clank noise and a bit of light to show they canceled each other out.

"Transcendence" refers to moves that don't interact with other moves, not possible to clank off of it or be canceled of by another attack, i.e., they transcend the typical move / hitbox interaction mechanics that the rest of the game works under.

Last edited:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Transcendence also means: existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level.
You become so good that you become surpeme
When you achieve transcendence, you have gone beyond ordinary limitations.
LOL I'm sorry, I'm messing around lol

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Specifically transcendent moves ignore hitbubbles but still react with hurtboxes. Some items like Link's bombs have hurtboxes and will block transcendent attacks :smirk:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Transcendence also means: existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level.
You become so good that you become surpeme
When you achieve transcendence, you have gone beyond ordinary limitations.
LOL I'm sorry, I'm messing around lol
I wonder how well "My character isn't bad, she just fights on a higher plane of existence, is all" would go in the ICC thread?

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Looking at Zelda's hitboxes from every smash game makes me think some things:

- Fsmash used to have a nifty hitbox on her body so it could sometimes hit opponents from behind her- in Smash 4, the frontal range is a bit better but there is less of a hitbox on her body.

- For Usmash, Brawl's multihit boxes were definitely more disjointed. Smash 4's multihit boxes are a midway size between Melee and Brawl's. Brawl's hitboxes also were spaced closer to the ground, which made picking up grounded opponents easier compared to Smash 4's. The final hit for Smash 4 and Brawl are actually surprisingly similar and quite large, but Smash 4's is placed a bit higher up VS Brawl's slightly lowered hitboxes?

AKA I miss Brawl Usmash (minus the escape factor)!

- Dtilt from Melee had an extremely low hitting hitbox at Zelda's toe. Melee and Brawl's Dtilt had a decent body hitbox which was removed in Smash 4 for some reason...

- Dsmash in Melee and Brawl had intangibility on her leg during the attack- another thing they removed from Smash 4's iteration. I wonder what their reasoning for this was?

Random thinking!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My most appreciated transcendent moves Zelda has are definitely Dash Attack, Jab, and Nayru's.

Transcendence is both a blessing and a curse. Does that mean that Zelda simultaneously has the best and worst priority in the game :secretzpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Today was a very good Pokemon Go day:

- Got several candies for my Clefairy. Nice and easy since it only takes 1km per candy. I think I've currently gotten 6 candies for Clefairy from the buddy feature. *edit* scratch that, I've gotten 9 so far...wow
- A mall in my area has a wild Pokemon system unlike anywhere else. There are basically no Weedle/Pidgey/Rattata at ALL, (gasp) but instead craptons of Drowzee and plenty of Ghastly, and also a Jynx nest!
- Tonight I caught a whopping 5 Jynx in 1 hour at the mall. I also hatched a Machop, found a Squirtle and an ONIX, and when I got home there was an Omanyte!

Also earlier my game was like "sry bby for all those troll Magnemites, here have one in the 5km egg hatching rn and also it'll have fabulous IVs ywyw"

:113:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
btw is there any way a 3ds scrub like me can check when a Frame Trap Combo can no longer work when you factor di and jumping away?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm fine with Cloud too. Just a bit concerned about the MU for Lucina. :V
(I think Lucina v Cloud is a terrible MU for her... even though ZeRo says that she does well against her.)
I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now. Lucina vs Cloud is not a bad matchup for her at all.
The spacing game is tight and your edgeguard needs to be on point, but the matchup is very winnable, I think it's even.
:196:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Was your Mall built on top of an ancient indian burial ground, out of curiosity?
Niantic thought it would be cool if IL was literally drowning in Drowzees,

The Jynx next may have been something else before they swapped all the nests around,

I can't explain the Ghastlys :p

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and relaxing now. Might play some Monster Hunter Generations later today so I can get all of the 2* Quests done before I jump to 3* Quests (And that I can evenutally get the complete Moofah Armour set).

And let's not forget that attrocity that is the Ace Attorney anime, it is almost done. It's going to be focusing on the final part of Farewell, My Turnabout for the last 2 episodes I think. Speaking of Ace Attorney, a sequel for Dai Gyakuten Saiban got announced.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: The Resolve of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Today was a very good Pokemon Go day:

- Got several candies for my Clefairy. Nice and easy since it only takes 1km per candy. I think I've currently gotten 6 candies for Clefairy from the buddy feature. *edit* scratch that, I've gotten 9 so far...wow
- A mall in my area has a wild Pokemon system unlike anywhere else. There are basically no Weedle/Pidgey/Rattata at ALL, (gasp) but instead craptons of Drowzee and plenty of Ghastly, and also a Jynx nest!
- Tonight I caught a whopping 5 Jynx in 1 hour at the mall. I also hatched a Machop, found a Squirtle and an ONIX, and when I got home there was an Omanyte!

Also earlier my game was like "sry bby for all those troll Magnemites, here have one in the 5km egg hatching rn and also it'll have fabulous IVs ywyw"

:113:
*screams internally because my town is literally a dead zone for GO*

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Just saw Episode 23 of Ace Attorney.

It was meh. It ended at when Shelly De Killer was going to testify, it felt rather quick again and there were some changes I did notice:

- Celeste Inpax was changed to be Adrian's sister. So her surname became Celeste Andrews instead of Celeste Inpax.
- Gumshoe didn't find three pieces of evidence. But instead found one. The evidence he found in Justice For All was the Video Tape, Gun and the Butler Uniform, but instead found a CD that Maya hid for him to find which has recorded footage of De Killer committing the murder of Juan Corrida.
- Wright pays a visit to the Prosecutor's Office to talk with Edgeworth.

I also saw Episode 11 of Handa-kun too.

It was a pretty decent episode, Handa trying to speak his mind to his other classmates who always try and make him look like the greatest thing ever. When clearly he isn't Sakamoto. :V
Was going to do a Calligraphy Class for the Culture Festival, but every student in his class crossed it out and went with for some stupid reason a Romeo & Juliet Cafe, plus he left the play during his part because his friend Kawafuji was in the audience and didn't want to embarrass himself in front of him. I hope in the next episode, he'll finally speak his mind to everyone in his class to just leave him alone and stop "bullying" him as well.
But I will say, I'm glad the Student Council President asked him to help her with making the sign for the Culture Festival so that he had something he worked on for the school and didn't feel left out.

Ace Attorney gets 1 :4zelda: out of 5.
Handa-kun gets 3 :4zelda:s out of 5.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
*screams internally because my town is literally a dead zone for GO*
Ooh, but how dead??

Because if you ever find yourself in an area where the "nearby" shows nothing and continues to show nothing, use an incense.

With incense the game will draw from what Pokemon are often nearby to make incense spawns, but of there's nothing to draw from,

It can spawn almost anything from the pokedex.

It's a proven way to spawn some rare Pokemon and works especially well for rural players where finding a "dead zone" is (unfortunately) easier. The only thing is that you just have to make sure you can get cell service, because a no-spawn zone is usually due to extremely low cell activity on the area, which can often mean there's also not good cell connection there.

I actually 'may' have found one of these spots on an off-chance yesterday. I'm excited to go and check it out again and try this.

If you do this also make sure that it's a big enough area that you can walk around some, because moving around when an incense is on really boosts the spawn rate. Not moving is like 1 every 5 min, but it can be upped to 1 every minute of you can get a fast pace going.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just decided to jump back into TF2 today, since I haven't touched it in weeks.

It feels good to jump back into it. Had a close Round 1 in my first game, almost won the first Round. However, they had a very solid and strong defense to beat us out. Round 2 it was more of our victory, we had a lot of Engineers and I think they only had one Medic. But we did indeed win it.

Second game my team just easily demolished the opposing team, they were no threat whatsoever and I didn't even die in both Rounds in the 2nd game. Only time I did die was during the Countdown for the rounds to an Engineer, since I was just trying to be friendly. :secretkpop:

Feels good to be back into it. <3

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ooh, but how dead??

Because if you ever find yourself in an area where the "nearby" shows nothing and continues to show nothing, use an incense.

With incense the game will draw from what Pokemon are often nearby to make incense spawns, but of there's nothing to draw from,

It can spawn almost anything from the pokedex.

It's a proven way to spawn some rare Pokemon and works especially well for rural players where finding a "dead zone" is (unfortunately) easier. The only thing is that you just have to make sure you can get cell service, because a no-spawn zone is usually due to extremely low cell activity on the area, which can often mean there's also not good cell connection there.

I actually 'may' have found one of these spots on an off-chance yesterday. I'm excited to go and check it out again and try this.

If you do this also make sure that it's a big enough area that you can walk around some, because moving around when an incense is on really boosts the spawn rate. Not moving is like 1 every 5 min, but it can be upped to 1 every minute of you can get a fast pace going.
I see .3.
Though my area isn't so much of a dead zone that nothing ever shows up
I kinda overexaggerated
It's just
90% of the time no matter where I am it's just Pidgeys and Ratattas
Occasionally I'll find something uncommon in the town square (where the only 3 stops and gyms for miles are)
I also never have any incense since I never level up since there's never anything around smh
Most of my playtime in Go is hatching eggs and getting Buddy Pokémon candy
And I usually catch whatever shows up, even the Pidgeys and stuff
So I can evolve them for EXP

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Anyone down for some matches?

Also, quick question. Which version do you prefer of Attack on Titan? The original or the spin-off "Attack on Titan: Junior High"? :V

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I was getting into Pokemon Go, trained up this awesome Zubat into a Golbat, maxed out the Golbat and...couldn't evolve it into a Crobat.

Just sort of lost interest after that. A shame, cause I'd love to have a Buddy Crobat and all that jazz.

Also, quick question. Which version do you prefer of Attack on Titan? The original or the spin-off "Attack on Titan: Junior High"? :V
I was always partial to "A Snack On Titan", a gripping tale of a bunch of cooks trying to feed their fussy giant customers food before their city goes out of business.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Time to practice the good ol Zelda on Glory~ if anyone's up more matches I'm game!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I was getting into Pokemon Go, trained up this awesome Zubat into a Golbat, maxed out the Golbat and...couldn't evolve it into a Crobat.

Just sort of lost interest after that. A shame, cause I'd love to have a Buddy Crobat and all that jazz.

I was always partial to "A Snack On Titan", a gripping tale of a bunch of cooks trying to feed their fussy giant customers food before their city goes out of business.

Johto Pokémon haven't been added yet unfortunately :c
Poor Seadra has the same problem

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
You're excused.

Also how
I've seen some weird stuff similar to this before between Robin's Thoron and Mario's cape.

Thoron is this absurdly long, horizontal hitbox that either isn't actually a projectile, or until the attack is finished, still thinks it's the entire length it travels all at once; i.e., IIRC, I saw a Mario jump in between a Thoron and Robin, then cape the Thoron which had already passed that point.

So maybe...caping Robin flipped which side of the screen Thoron was on because he's apparently still a dependent variable in the move, but flipping Thoron always assumes it's going back to the front of Robin / the book so it continued on leftward?

Or maybe Robin has a portal gun to go along with all those tomes.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 launched their TGS 2016 trailer a couple days ago. New footage and whatnot. Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gKAR0uRZZ0.

One thing that struck me: "demon". I think this is the first time I've heard about demons in KH. Not sure, but I don't think Chains of Memories, 356/2 Days, Coded, etc. ever used the concept of demons. It's just one instance of it being used, but KH was always light this, darkness that, hearts, Heartless here, Nobodies there, Unversed!, and Somebodies now. Not a big deal, but it feels kind of seems out of place. Happens from time to time like J character exclaims: "What the Hell?", and then you wonder does their universe even have a Hell or calls it that? Making it fit with the "real world" phrase can be a bit weird too like, "What the Zoreasy?" Anyway, I digress.

I blame MGSV for this is, but when I heard demon, I immediately thought of this: "Kaz, I'm already a demon." Replace Kaz with anyone relevant to Aqua and there you go, Kingdom Hearts III: The Heartless Pain preceded by Kingdom Hearts II.8: Darkness in Zeroes. *cue Sins of the Fathers*

All the Aqua cutscene clips were dark and edgy. Really edgy. "Only your heart is hollow enough to be a demon's". Damn. "Now I can be one with darkness." DAMN. Now all we need is a cheesey, "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liii-hiight!!!", by a returned, white-haired, red gauntlet wearing Terra who goes by the title of "PUNISHED TERRA" as he tries to save Aqua and right his wrongs. *cue Sins of the Fathers again* "Such a lust for revenge... WHOOOOOO?!"

Anyway, stupidity aside, Aqua's section, 0.2 Birth By Sleep -- A Fragmentary Passage, looks beautiful. It's the Ground Zeroes of Kingdom Hearts III, but like Ground Zeroes being a little taste of the main game, it makes you want more. So much more. Oh, and the X[Chi], Back Cover film has the robed dude holding Old Man Xehanort's Keyblade. Also, not a fan of the remix of Simple and Clean used in the trailer.

Other thing is that Nioh's TGS trailer had a dude speak English while everyone else spoke Japanese. Considering the setting and context of a Englishman who becomes a samurai in Japan, it's really cool. I wonder if William will speak both English and Japanese. Part of me wants Nioh to not have any dubbing in the US, EU, or anywhere to keep the whole multilingual-ness. Just subtitle that ****. Y'know, I kind of wished more games did this. It would have to make sense of course. There is a business issue that would impact it. Why have a game where the characters only speak Dutch with some who speak Korean not be in entirely in English or dubbed in English to cater to this large audience of English-fluent players in the US, CA, and parts of EU? About as bad as "male protagonist-only" because "nobody wants to play as a female" that frustrated Dontnod when they were developing Remember Me and Life is Strange. I'm at a point where if the game has character creation, I play as female just because I'm so damn bored of playing as dude. Yes, Nathan Drake is handsome, fun, and funny, but he's still male hero #3290323 for me even if he's one of the most interesting fictional men. Also, please, don't make the heroine look like she just came out of a nightclub. How the hell is she supposed to fight with those heels? And that top. Ugh, so last year. Oh well...

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Other thing is that Nioh's TGS trailer had a dude speak English while everyone else spoke Japanese. Considering the setting and context of a Englishman who becomes a samurai in Japan, it's really cool. I wonder if William will speak both English and Japanese. Part of me wants Nioh to not have any dubbing in the US, EU, or anywhere to keep the whole multilingual-ness. Just subtitle that ****. Y'know, I kind of wished more games did this. It would have to make sense of course. There is a business issue that would impact it. Why have a game where the characters only speak Dutch with some who speak Korean not be in entirely in English or dubbed in English to cater to this large audience of English-fluent players in the US, CA, and parts of EU? About as bad as "male protagonist-only" because "nobody wants to play as a female" that frustrated Dontnod when they were developing Remember Me and Life is Strange. I'm at a point where if the game has character creation, I play as female just because I'm so damn bored of playing as dude. Yes, Nathan Drake is handsome, fun, and funny, but he's still male hero #3290323 for me even if he's one of the most interesting fictional men. Also, please, don't make the heroine look like she just came out of a nightclub. How the hell is she supposed to fight with those heels? And that top. Ugh, so last year. Oh well...
I had a listen to that one character who spoke English in that Nioh trailer. And I think I recognized that voice.
It sounded like it was Liam O'Brien. He voiced Ieyasu Tokugawa in Sengoku Basara: The Last Party and Samurai Heroes, also voiced Leviathan in Skullgirls. So we know that he'll be voicing that character with the black dragon.

Huh. Didn't know he also played a character in Kannazuki no Miko, interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom