• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Even then you'd have to priorities languages for something like that.

For example, "This fannypack of yours is pretty tight." means something different over in England. Or "Hey do you have a car? Mind giving me a ride?" to an Albanian. Or asking for couscous in an Israeli restaurant.

Or how "Yep" is slang for "****" in Russian, as is "Yet" in Thai.
I mean it's a factor, not necessarily the only reason. If we're going this far in, we should have a way to disable the filter via age requirement but w/e.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I mean it's a factor, not necessarily the only reason. If we're going this far in, we should have a way to disable the filter via age requirement but w/e.
Or be able to toggle it if you have a premium account. Sort of surprised that apparently isn't already a feature.

This is how Zelda's should've been in Sm4sh. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I'm fine with Cloud too. Just a bit concerned about the MU for Lucina. :V
(I think Lucina v Cloud is a terrible MU for her... even though ZeRo says that she does well against her.)
Cloud can combo Marth and Lucy pretty well, but they can combo him too. Offstage, Marcina just destroys Cloud... a well spaced down tilt or counter can just end him. When Marcina is being juggled it can tough to land and Cloud has a better time landing

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Cloud can combo Marth and Lucy pretty well, but they can combo him too. Offstage, Marcina just destroys Cloud... a well spaced down tilt or counter can just end him. When Marcina is being juggled it can tough to land and Cloud has a better time landing
Okay, that makes it more understandable. Though I do have some worries of another MU which I think is probably Lucina's worst.

That being :4lucina: v :4mewtwo: which I think is ALWAYS in Mewtwo's favour.

Last edited:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Dropping down and countering against Cloud on Corrin, characters that have a hitbox on their recovery is an easy way to get edgeguards and easy KOs. Although sometimes you can just miss the counter if you mistime it, or their recovery is too fast that it just goes through the counter, like Ness Up b. And your opponent can time their recovery to get around it. But more times and not you'll get the counter to work for an edgeguard.
Mewtwo vs Marcina? I don't know how that matchup goes

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How I often see a Lucina v Mewtwo MU goes is a pretty bad one.

Mewtwo's frame data beats out everything she does. FAir and NAir come out insanely fast. His disjoints go farther than Lucina's and that projectile can easily shutdown her movement options and makes his Neutral game far superior than her's.

Last edited:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
How I often see a Lucina v Mewtwo MU goes is a pretty bad one.

Mewtwo's frame data beats out everything she does. FAir comes out insanely fast and beats out NAir and FAir (I think beats out Jab as well. Could be wrong). His disjoints go farther than Lucina's and that projectile can easily shutdown her movement options and makes his Neutral game far superior than her's.
Well according to Kurogane Hammer, Mewtwo's nair is a frame slower than Marcina's, and fair comes out the same frame... Mewtwo's jab is a frame slower. I don't know about Down tilt, it may outrange or have the same range. But remember that the Falchion will beat Mewtwo's body, since its a sword and a disjoint. But I think Mewtwo has some moves that are disjointed. I'm not 100% sure, I'm not super knowledgeable about him.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well according to Kurogane Hammer, Mewtwo's nair is a frame slower than Marcina's, and fair comes out the same frame... Mewtwo's jab is a frame slower. I don't know about Down tilt, it may outrange or have the same range. But remember that the Falchion will beat Mewtwo's body, since its a sword and a disjoint.
Ah okay. I'm either being far too reckless when fighting Mewtwo and going into Auto Pilot, or I just really do not know the matchup at all when using Lucina.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I love the Cloud VS Tink matchup far more than I should. It's apparently in his favour, but it's so much fun to fight Cloud with Toon Link.
Now King Dedede, well, I'll just leave Girthquakes advice here :Cry In a cold shower.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Making some stranger happy on the internet makes me really happy.
It's nice to know someone who you don't know has been indirectly positively influenced by something you said.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I mean... I saw that you mentioned Dedede, you main Tink, and I main Link so I said my thoughts on that lol
I didn't really look at it as "I was positively influenced" but I guess I was? Lol
Whatever floats your boat. xD
I wasn't talking to you.
I don't consider you a stranger really. I don't consider anyone here a stranger. Is that weird?
Anyway, actually good Sliva rip GO!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Should be Bren-Moi!
Okay I added you and made a room :) GLHF :)

Edit
Sorry my dumb internet died for a second. We can play more if you want?

Edit2 if not, then GGs good Zelda :) I'm trying to get my secondaries better and not rely on Link. Link's by far my best lol. I'm guessing you're done since you didn't join again.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I saw the first one earlier and almost posted it here.

I'm excited for the one possibly about Cheryl and Chansey tbh.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Okay I added you and made a room :) GLHF :)

Edit
Sorry my dumb internet died for a second. We can play more if you want?

Edit2 if not, then GGs good Zelda :) I'm trying to get my secondaries better and not rely on Link. Link's by far my best lol. I'm guessing you're done since you didn't join again.
Hey man! Those were some pretty tense matches with your Link haha.

Mewtwo's lightness definitely gave me some pretty early as heck kills. And Ganon for sure I felt like edgeguarding him was working out a bit too well with some of those sets! I could tell how comfortable you are with Link though- playing against him is a completely different beast. The way you move and how you use his moveset is most definitely a testament to that.

For me, the worst parts is when we're both in mid range but you have a bomb plucked out. It's definitely felt very negative for me neutral wise, and I would get really tense about trying to catch you. Also edgeguarding Link is a bit tougher than I expected with how wide Spinslash covers the entirety of him haha (especially when you do it early).

Also for some darn reason I just couldn't get D-throw > Uair on your Link. I had been practicing this morning in training, and was thinking about I only really got it on your Link once.

For sure what I've learned in this match up was powershielding and advancing steadily is key or else I just get pelted way too much with projectiles haha. Approaching with Zelda... there's no choice in this match up! It was good practice!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

First two episodes of Pokemon Generations are live everyone! :yeahboi:
That Probopass fight was really cool tbh
And I like the more mature vibe the second episode had

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
We were just talking about Mario's USmash invul earlier and then I was watching Izaw's Art of Roy-

Roy's USmash - Hitbox 12-23, Intangibility 10-23.

Man, c'mon!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We were just talking about Mario's USmash invul earlier and then I was watching Izaw's Art of Roy-

Roy's USmash - Hitbox 12-23, Intangibility 10-23.

Man, c'mon!
It's only on his sword arm, though. In-game tips for Roy: http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_tips_(SSB4-Wii_U)#Roy, and frame data have confirmed this. Haven't watched the video, but I'm assuming he didn't mention that which could lead to people thinking you can just Up Smash and never get hurt as Roy.

Curiously, Lucina and Marth's don't have arm invincibility which would have helped even though the main attack is with a sword. Corrin's entirely a disjoint, so she doesn't care not to mention the lower profile. Similarly, Greninja and Mewtwo, but seeing as how Mewtwo's works now with the run speed buff... that was a good thing it wasn't invincible even on the arm. Meanwhile, Sheik's Up Smash which is head and arm invincible and functions the same or similarly as Corrin, Greninja, Lucina, and Marth's.

Well, at least Zelda's Up Smash('s loop hits) is transcendent. Arm and head invincibility would have definitely helped, though. I'm starting to get the feeling that Smash 5 should make more Up Smashes and maybe some Utilt depending on them like no way Fox and Mario's Utilts should be or ZSS's for that matter whose Utilt is not only invincible, but recoilless in Smash 4 -- at least it has high recovery, but still --, but something like Mega Man's which is already invincible, should have some form of reasonable invincibility or armor for anti-airing. Would have definitely made Diddy, Sheik, and post-DLC and post-patch, Mewtwo Fairs less of a pain in the ***.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
It's only on his sword arm, though. In-game tips for Roy: http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_tips_(SSB4-Wii_U)#Roy, and frame data have confirmed this. Haven't watched the video, but I'm assuming he didn't mention that which could lead to people thinking you can just Up Smash and never get hurt as Roy.

Curiously, Lucina and Marth's don't have arm invincibility which would have helped even though the main attack is with a sword. Corrin's entirely a disjoint, so she doesn't care not to mention the lower profile. Similarly, Greninja and Mewtwo, but seeing as how Mewtwo's works now with the run speed buff... that was a good thing it wasn't invincible even on the arm. Meanwhile, Sheik's Up Smash which is head and arm invincible and functions the same or similarly as Corrin, Greninja, Lucina, and Marth's.

Well, at least Zelda's Up Smash('s loop hits) is transcendent. Arm and head invincibility would have definitely helped, though. I'm starting to get the feeling that Smash 5 should make more Up Smashes and maybe some Utilt depending on them like no way Fox and Mario's Utilts should be or ZSS's for that matter whose Utilt is not only invincible, but recoilless in Smash 4 -- at least it has high recovery, but still --, but something like Mega Man's which is already invincible, should have some form of reasonable invincibility or armor for anti-airing. Would have definitely made Diddy, Sheik, and post-DLC and post-patch, Mewtwo Fairs less of a pain in the ***.
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that I knew it was only Roy's arm for intangibility haha. Obviously full intang would be a little bit ridiculous.

And transcendence has it's issues, especially with the multihit nature of Zelda's F/USmash. It basically means 99% of trades will result in you dealing cruddy 1-2% damage, and considering the average-lackluster reach of their hitboxes + no intang on her arms/head, this will happen more often than not. The luckiest you could get is trading with the very last knockback hit, but to do that reliably on command would be a stretch.

If her F/Usmash were big juicy single hits, then the transcendence would actually be quite useful.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Could someone give a quick rundown of what exactly transcendence in smash is? I never really figured that out

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Could someone give a quick rundown of what exactly transcendence in smash is? I never really figured that out
It means the move won't clank with other moves.

If you do Meta Knight fsmash (not transcendent) vs a Mario fireball it will clank
If you do Zelda fsmash (transcendent) vs a Mario fireball the fireball will continue through the move and hit Zelda.
If you do Zelda fsmash vs something like, say, Kirby dash attack, Kirby won't be able to clank with it and will get hit.

Top Bottom