• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Uninstalling Windows 10 is your best option
Eh, I was going to upgrade sooner or later; they promised they were going to bring bash to Windows a few months ago. Now that I need to actually use a PC for work reasons instead just using a Mac or Linux, having access to the terminal is too much of a boon to my productivity to not upgrade for it.

i fear the day my computer randomly updates to windows 10 without my permission
It isn't even that it updated that annoys me, because I was going to do that sooner or later (but after I finished this quarter's of projects so it wouldn't **** with any of them. It did.)

It's how it updates.

First, the computer turns on, and all you get it a black screen. Then suddenly, white font appears:

"Hi." fadeout

Fade in. "We've updated your computer for you." fadeout.

Fade in. "All of your files are right where you left them." fadeout.

Until that last line, I had no reason to believe my files wouldn't be right where I left them, and now I'm paranoid at what they did to all my stuff.

Also, if it does update, refuse to sign the terms and conditions. I didn't know until after the fact that, contrary to what it looked like, they weren't actually holding my computer hostage (regardless of how much they made it look like actual ransomware). If you refuse to sign, apparently the computer reboots back into your old OS. But you still have Windows 10 on your computer, which they downloaded without your permission.

Of course, they don't tell you any of this, you have to look it up. Which requires a computer. :colorful:

Games give you more hours of enjoyment than food, but BBQ is very good food.
Therein lies the problem. I cannot eat Overwatch or KI, but I also cannot play BBQ.

Also, the memorial day sales on meat are insane. I've never seen steak less than ground beef before.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Going off topic from whether to get Overwatch, Killer Instinct or BBQ.

KyoAni have just made a CM for the novel they're publishing called Violet Evergarden.

And an anime of it is already in the works. It looks promising so far despite it being a CM. :secretkpop:

Now back on topic. Up to you to choose between Overwatch, KI or BBQ. :V

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

MY FREE MONTH TRIAL ON TIDAL HAS EXPIRED.

I CAN'T LISTEN TO LEMONADE ANYMORE.

now i think about it, whenever cloud is on limit mode, i feel like it's high noon all the way until he uses a limit special. fuuuuuuu

also

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
TFW someone on For Glory picks the same character you used to beat 'em in an attempt to be better with said character.

MFW It never works for them, resulting in an easy win and a Din's Fire SD.
tumblr_nlr3m5ccPl1r6ol90o1_1280.jpg

That is all.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
TFW someone on For Glory picks the same character you used to beat 'em in an attempt to be better with said character.

MFW It never works for them, resulting in an easy win and a Din's Fire SD.View attachment 108199

That is all.
Sometimes I lose the dittos because they're truly awful and use such wrong options I'm unprepared for them, or wi-fi tailored lag strategies that would get them jv3'd in person. Then they think they're better than me, and I'm torn, because objectively they have the W, and it is my fault for not adapting, but I'm also thinking "You were only good at being bad, and using your strategies would only give me bad habits." Then another part of my brain screams at me for Johning.

You guys....I think I'm slowly becoming a serial killer. This is the kind of song that gets me motivated in matches.

https://youtu.be/9bjjS18lh7s
This song is perfect for fighting Villager.

Do you play a rushdown character?

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I got $200 dollars today. I these choices

> buy over watch
> pre order N3DS XL Monster Hunter X eddition (that is $200)
> save up for a wii u

:150:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

> buy over watch
> save up for a wii u

Well the NX is confirmed to come out in March 2017, which is less than a year away. So take that into account if you're going to buy another console.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

> buy over watch
> save up for a wii u

Firstly, make sure your (I assume PC) can run Overwatch adequately.

Secondly, I have a N3DS XL if you're just looking to upgrade and have any questions on it over, for instance, the OG 3DS. If it's specifically because it's Monster Hunter X, I'd go with that one. Still annoyed that the FE LE wasn't a special edition N3DS XL and that I missed out on that for already getting a normal one to play Fates.

Third bullet...wait till September, regardless. It sounds like either at or by Tokyo Game Show, we should have all the NX related news.

Or look on the Nintendo site for an officially refurbed Wii U, I guess. Reasonably sure those were $200 last I checked, no reason to spend more on what's going to devalue relatively soon.

That's very appropriate.
Speaking of appropriate songs, I finally started playing the second DLC map pack in Fates. It's amazing that they were actually able to make Kana likable, though mostly by ruining what little life she had.

Episode 1's promotional picture was this:

"Lost in thought, all alone", indeed.

Charlotte Church's particular rendition of "Papa, can you hear me?" also works well.

Last edited:

> buy over watch
> save up for a wii u

Well, not sure if there's a point on buying the Wii U tbh. The NX is likely to have backward compatibility and even if it doesn't, it's probably going to have Sm4sh as one of the launch games so uh.... Yeah. If you're in a hurry to buy sm4sh, I guess you should save up for the Wii U?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just saw ESAM's Top 10 best Sm4sh players in the world.

And I see all four Sheik mains on there. (Mr. R, Void, Anti and ZeRo)

This is what I think they're ensuring:

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Firstly, make sure your (I assume PC) can run Overwatch adequately.

Secondly, I have a N3DS XL if you're just looking to upgrade and have any questions on it over, for instance, the OG 3DS. If it's specifically because it's Monster Hunter X, I'd go with that one. Still annoyed that the FE LE wasn't a special edition N3DS XL and that I missed out on that for already getting a normal one to play Fates.

Third bullet...wait till September, regardless. It sounds like either at or by Tokyo Game Show, we should have all the NX related news.

Or look on the Nintendo site for an officially refurbed Wii U, I guess. Reasonably sure those were $200 last I checked, no reason to spend more on what's going to devalue relatively soon.
A refurbished White wii U is 199.99 and a premium (black) refurbished wii U is 229.99. I don't know if the extra $30 is even worth it.

my 3DS isn't working anymore, and I wanted MHX really bad anyway, that's why I included that option.

My computer was apple to run the open beta, so I'm pretty sure it can run the actual Overwatch game too.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
A refurbished White wii U is 199.99 and a premium (black) refurbished wii U is 229.99. I don't know if the extra $30 is even worth it.

my 3DS isn't working anymore, and I wanted MHX really bad anyway, that's why I included that option.

My computer was apple to run the open beta, so I'm pretty sure it can run the actual Overwatch game too.

It's not. $30 for 24gb of space is still over a dollar per gb. Better option would be waiting for one of the numerous amazon SD card deals to get a good 64 gb or so SD card and USB reader for ~$30 instead.

Regardless, you'd still have the NX coming relatively soon and would have to save up more to get a game to play on the Wii U, while the other two choices actually involve playing.

In that case it's a matter of what you want more:

Monster Hunter and the ability to play your 3DS games later down the road for whenever MHX comes out this summer, or Overwatch now.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Overwatch talk? Probably can't play it on my laptop and I don't own any current-gen consoles, so RIP me. Seen stuff, interested in Hanzo, McCree, Mercy, Reaper, and Widowmaker. Maybe Zenyatta and if all else fails, Soldier: 76. Everything boils down to: I like bows, I like revolvers and westerns, don't know, but her emotes were charming and cute, shotguns -- any further argument is now invalid --, and er... French is sexy. :p

Zenyatta just fills in for quirkiness and Soldier: 76 is just that: a soldier. At that point, just shoot stuff and hope stuff works out for the best.

I did notice, but ESAM did say he also uses Sheik as well. Guess he has Sheik as his secondary?
Anti plays like everyone and does it well; he's got a Diddy, Luigi, Mario, Sheik, Wii Fit Trainer, and ZSS. All of them, he's done well with and it's pretty amazing watching him play just to see if he'll pull out someone new and kick butt with them. I guess primarily, he's a Mario and maybe a Sheik? He was a Mario and a WFT a while back.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
my friend made this 1/3rd of the clips are me getting boddied :/
still he could use the views

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
On the rare occasion I play FG, I usually use Bayo or Zelda for the first match. If they stay for another game, I like to use their character if it's one I'm relatively comfortable using (so basically all of the gorls). I especially enjoy using Sheik against FG Sheik players because they have no idea how to actually use ha.

Also, I like to beat people with their own character because I know it kills them a little bit on the inside.

It's super awkward losing when you intentionally ditto someone, though.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I only intentionally go to ditto matches to teach them a lesson. And I mean a lesson, as in Ikes that don't know how great Uthrow is need to figure it out.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I go Lucina if they go Marth or Lucina because I like swordfights. It just now occurred to me that could come off as dickish.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I only intentionally go to ditto matches to teach them a lesson. And I mean a lesson, as in Ikes that don't know how great Uthrow is need to figure it out.
Yeah but why would I up throw when I can throw out 26 fairs in the same amount of time. And I do that from the other side of the stage.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Because when they grab someone, they're all hey I'll Fthrow and get absolutely nothing off it even though they're at low percents. Who doesn't want extra damage?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
atticusfinch7 atticusfinch7 not really. That's not bad at all to get into a game. Honestly that seems relatively tame.

Picture this......the song I use, while all I do is walk towards the opponent, power shielding everything and eventually cornering them. Imagine the terror that can create and the mistakes it'll get them to make.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And now the CCI is failing at basic English. "Loosing" is not the same as "losing". They're not even pronounced the same as to, too, and two or their, there, and they're. :facepalm:

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Because when they grab someone, they're all hey I'll Fthrow and get absolutely nothing off it even though they're at low percents. Who doesn't want extra damage?
I use it to get them off stage occasionally but upthrow is better 95% of the time.

Save up for retirement imo. That's how I spend my money.
I'd like to point out that this is not a joke. This is what I do with my money. And sometimes I buy premium for people because that's a fun way to spend it. And sometimes I buy it for Reserved and he accidentally changes his name to Lavani because he's ********.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom