• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm not sure how Bayo's supposed to kill aside from fishing for bair/dair/Witch Time. Smashes are horridly slow and have item priority, and nothing else kills. Her frame data's Ganondorf tier too, but she at least has the reward to warrant that.
what's her landing lag on aerials?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
what's her landing lag on aerials?
Honestly, really good. That's the one aspect of her frame data that's great.

I'll just dump all my notes here:
jab1 9f 1%
jab combo 1% + 2% + 2% + multi + 6% (13% min)

dash attack 15f 10%

ftilt 12f 3% + 3% + 8% - may be punishable between hits on shield
utilt 7f 5%
dtilt 7f 6%

fsmash 20f 16% fist 14% arm, sweetspot kills Kamui at 87% from Umbra starting position
usmash 18f 17%, kills 103%
dsmash 20f 5% bayo's foot, 28f 15% wicked weave

4f jumpsquat
nair 9f 8%, 10f landing
fair 8f 3%+3%+6%, 14f landing
bair 12f 13%, 12f landing, kills 120%
uair 9-16f going back-to-front, 9%, 12f landing
dair 7% drop 5% landing impact (landing kills 105%?!), 29f landing

grab 7f
dash grab 9f
pivot grab 10f

pummel 1.5% + 1.5%
fthrow 10%
bthrow 9%
uthrow 7%
dthrow 8%

neutralB 18f 1.x% per shot (uncharged)
sideB 15f 9% ground, 8f 6% air
upB 4f 8% (7% air), isn't going to kill without carrying off the top
downB 5f?

Daidarapochi

Smash Cadet
Bayo is super fun.
Also, i dunno if this is just Corrin weirdness or Bayonetta weirdness or a global change (aka ZSS nerf), but getting hit a second time without landing by the stun ball did 0 stun or knockback, but full damage.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I really hate corn's animations they feel even more out of place then bayonetta's
4f jumpsquat
nair 9f 8%, 10f landing
fair 8f 3%+3%+6%, 14f landing
bair 12f 13%, 12f landing, kills 120%
uair 9-16f going back-to-front, 9%, 12f landing
dair 7% drop 5% landing impact (landing kills 105%?!), 29f landing
you played with stalled uair or nair yet? the hitboxes on the moves remain, with weaker damage on them so long as you hold :GCA:
I know for a fact you can combo the stronger hits into the weaker ones.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Not day1 optimism here, but Corrin is easily the best FE character. Corrin's only downside is Dair and the voices. F'real tho. Maybe mid tier at the least, tho. Not stupid easy to use, but far from hard. I guess it's to be expected, so Corrin's game gets more free advertisement as Corrin is used more in Sm4sh.

Bayonetta is different and fun. Her animations are all really cool or outright funny. Her aerial game is sick. Her groundgame would be good if she were faster... So she's just OK. Her recovery is, like, meeeeh.

you know the whole elma needing to be there is bs

4) oh and don't forget about lao, cause he shows up at a beach somewhere
not contrived at all

I've personally never seen an ending try to be so awful on purpose
But then Elma would've been trapped in the stasis chamber. But yea, it was an OK story until SUMTHIN BOUT MEERUH happened. Also Lao gets to live bcuz hottest male Mim/voice.

:secretkpop:duuuuuh

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
you played with stalled uair or nair yet? the hitboxes on the moves remain, with weaker damage on them so long as you hold :GCA:
I know for a fact you can combo the stronger hits into the weaker ones.
Yeah, I've been making a lot of attempts to use stalled uair for various things and I'm probably overdoing it tbh. It is really cool that you can extend the active frames of uair in particular, good hitbox and nice for beating out airdodges.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm questioning why I didn't start playing guilty gear earlier

this game is so dumb, i love it. also may is the best fighting game character since zelda
Yeah, I've been making a lot of attempts to use stalled uair for various things and I'm probably overdoing it tbh. It is really cool that you can extend the active frames of uair in particular, good hitbox and nice for beating out airdodges.
also pew pew pew pew pew pew pew
lol it looks so dumb

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Playing around with Bayonetta's final smash and i noticed that if the percentage is high enough they just disappear after. The doggy eats them.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had my breakfast and took my medicine, I'm sounding much better, and I've found a Bayonetta combo which I thought was interesting. Since it deals about 35%.

UAir > UTilt (Both Hits) > UTilt (2nd Hit) > Up B > Side B. (Might be able to do more. Will need to improve my timing of doing a 2nd Side B after the first) Seems like true combos on Heavyweights and Fast Fallers. I'll get an alternate version against Lightweights and Middleweights.

Also, Corrin's BAir is a kill move at 90% and over. :yeahboi:

Gonna put some practice into Corrin, if I can't seem to get use to using her, I'll try and use Bayonetta.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I finally got more time on my hands. Tried out Bayo, she reminds me ZSS. Combos all day.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Playing around with Bayonetta's final smash and i noticed that if the percentage is high enough they just disappear after. The doggy eats them.
"Omm nom nom!"

If Bayo counters a projectile what happens?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw girls. Bayonetta makes a reference to Virtua Fighter.

You can hear this from her FThrow, or go to Sound Test and go to Bayonetta's 15th Sound Clip. She'll say in Japanese "You're ten years too early!". Referencing Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
"Omm nom nom!"

Witch time seems to have a zone around it that hits opponents. If far enough away it won't affect the opponent at all if it is up in your face you will be affected by witch time.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
"Omm nom nom!"

She just dodges the projectile. The character that used it is unaffected depending on the range (I think?).

Gonna test this a little bit.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I've just compiled a combo I discovered with Bayonetta against different weight classes into a video on the YT Editor. :V

I'll post it once it's finished processing. Should mention the combos are all based on no DI.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh I guess nobody has brought this up yet.
Sheik, ZSS, and Roastaluma all got a small nerf. They were all made a bit lighter so they die earlier. (Only like 2% earlier, but I'll take it.)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sheik, ZSS, and Roastaluma all got a small nerf. They were all made a bit lighter so they die earlier. (Only like 2% earlier, but I'll take it.)
It's better than nothing to be honest.

Also girls. Here's the video I compiled together. :yeahboi:

(Tested on Heavyweights, Fast Fallers, Middleweights and Lightweights. With no DI input.)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I could imagine the devs. all sitting together, eating lunch, discussing work or something, then one of them looks at the tier list says, "oh crap, we didn't do a single thing to those characters. What do we do?"

"uh, jackie chan"
It's better than nothing to be honest.
it may as well have been nothing. there could be more later, but I'm not holding my breath

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I finally got more time on my hands. Tried out Bayo, she reminds me ZSS. Combos all day.
Except Bayo is actually balanced.

:secretkpop:
Doggy. lol gorl

Nothin' like a witch and her b****, rite?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
:4zelda:CONFIRMED ZELDA PATCH 1.1.4 CHANGES :4zelda:

- Zelda now easier to locate on the CSS
easier to find a banworthy character means it's time to BAN•ZELDA:secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Speaking of nerfs, if Sheik got -1 weight then Zelda might have to. So maybe she did get nerfed. Any deets on Zorldo yet? I don't think she got anything worth noting anyway.

edit: o ya, now she is literally top tier on CSS. But nowhere else.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
:4zelda:CONFIRMED ZELDA PATCH 1.1.4 CHANGES :4zelda:

- Zelda now easier to locate on the CSS
easier to find a banworthy character means it's time to BAN•ZELDA:secretkpop:
Btw. Thought I'd post this for you Phil. :secretkpop:

Does it lose points for it not being Female Corrin? :secretkpop:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have a theory that male and female :4corrin:/:4marth:/:4robinm: are all really the same person who just cross dress and use a voice changer. Their counterparts all have the same body structure.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Btw. Thought I'd post this for you Phil. :secretkpop:

Does it lose points for it not being Female Corrin? :secretkpop:
Who is this character? Did you hack your game with this texture hack?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I have a theory that male and female :4corrin:/:4marth:/:4robinm: are all really the same person who just cross dress and use a voice changer. Their counterparts all have the same body structure.
*about to ruin the joke*
but Lucina is actually Marth's descendant from a thousand+ years

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
As hilariously broken as that would be, I've realized that a lot of these 0-deaths involve literally no DI or anything.

It's kind of important.

I'm gonna wait and see if any of these show up in tournament before I lose my mind. If they do, prepare for me to lose my mind.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
How do you do the downward AB kick? help i am pleb

BTW, Dair to dunk on lower stage recoveries is fricken hilarious. As is fully charged PEWPEW offstage kills. Thankfully it can be jump cancelled. She is most def going to be on my roster.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How do you do the downward AB kick? help i am pleb

BTW, Dair to dunk on lower stage recoveries is fricken hilarious. As is fully charged PEWPEW offstage kills. Thankfully it can be jump cancelled. She is most def going to be on my roster.
You do the Downward Afterburner Kick by doing a Hadouken motion (Down, Down Foward, Foward).

Yeah, her having the ability to cancel her Bullet Climax is pretty cool. I like that. And her DAir is dope, I like it. :secretkpop:

I did try out Corrin, and I feel like I might have the same problem as I did with Roy. Since I do like how they play, but their jump is just really awkward for me. Guess that's because I've mained Lucina for so long; I'm so use to how I'm able to control her jump so freely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom