• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
good to see you're thinking for yourself and avoiding the hive mindset

16 playable Pokemon isn't all that bad

I didn't think there would be that many tbh

There's always the possibility of DLC fighters, too

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
omg chandelure's voice is adorable
i hope the english voice is the same

she actually looks pretty decent, too
i'm glad i had previously decided to co-main her with gardevoir
Ahh I love Chandelure so much in this game. Unless Braxien ends up being super cool, I'll probably be maining her ^w^

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
The Pokken roster will likely have 20 characters in the cast(because there are room for 4 more icons).
That's a sizable cast for a fighting game.
I'm definitely getting it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ahh I love Chandelure so much in this game. Unless Braxien ends up being super cool, I'll probably be maining her ^w^
Chandelure is one of my favorite 5th gen Pokemon, along with being one of my favorite Ghost types.
I was shocked when I saw her announcement, but I was very happy.

She looks unique, and I can't wait to get my hands on the game so I can play her.

Braixen is the weirdest choice on the roster imo. I don't really care much for her (I prefer Delphox), but her long-range design philosophy sounds intriguing.

I just wish we knew more about the palette swaps in the game. They haven't really said anything about them, aside from showing pictures of red Machamp and maybe another palette or two.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
good to see you're thinking for yourself and avoiding the hive mindset

16 playable Pokemon isn't all that bad

I didn't think there would be that many tbh

There's always the possibility of DLC fighters, too
Good to see you're being a reasonable person and not a snobby hipster.

Pokemon has a huge cast of just fighting Pokemon to draw from, 16 is nothing. Especially when Braixen is one of them. DLC is the only thing that can save them. Maybe I'll get it after all the DLC is released.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Chandelure is one of my favorite 5th gen Pokemon, along with being one of my favorite Ghost types.
I was shocked when I saw her announcement, but I was very happy.

She looks unique, and I can't wait to get my hands on the game so I can play her.

Braixen is the weirdest choice on the roster imo. I don't really care much for her (I prefer Delphox), but her long-range design philosophy sounds intriguing.

I just wish we knew more about the palette swaps in the game. They haven't really said anything about them, aside from showing pictures of red Machamp and maybe another palette or two.
I think I've seen a light blue Charizard at some point...kinda nice that they aren't just going with Shiny forms :p

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Good to see you're being a reasonable person and not a snobby hipster.

Pokemon has a huge cast of just fighting Pokemon to draw from, 16 is nothing. Especially when Braixen is one of them. DLC is the only thing that can save them. Maybe I'll get it after all the DLC is released.
What you think they're going to add like 50 Pokémon right off the bat?

That's just not feasible lol

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh hell, you're right, there are no numbers between 16 and 50. My bad.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
omg chandelure's voice is adorable
i hope the english voice is the same

she actually looks pretty decent, too
i'm glad i had previously decided to co-main her with gardevoir
Wow seeing chandy in acting makes me beleive I'm going to eventually gravitate towards them
Granted im playing Machamp/Pikachu Libre first

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's going to likely be 20, just so you know.
For reference, that is 8 more characters than the original Smash Bros,.
And 4 more the launch roster of SFV. Game development isn't what it was a decades ago. They're going to need to prolong a game's life rather than release sequel after sequel at a yearly basis if they want to keep quality up and the budget down. Then again, you could consider the yearly releases or re-releases of KoF and SF as glorified, full price DLC expansions...

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It's going to likely be 20, just so you know.
For reference, that is 8 more characters than the original Smash Bros,.
That was also on the N64. I think 30 characters is a reasonable number. 35 after DLC. While it is a good size cast for a fighting game it is an incredibly shallow cast for a Pokemon game, which is the selling point.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'd love to see 30 playable characters in the game. I don't see it happening, though.

I do hope they make DLC characters since the roster could really use some widening.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
~ 2600 PAGES ~

• TIME TO CELEBRATE BY BOWING DOWN TO OUR QUEEN, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR FOOT WAIFU •

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Everything but a strong, big competitive scene I guess lol.

On another note 1111 Swordfighter's MU with Greninja looks pretty bad from what I managed to see, he's so vulnerable to Hydro Pump offstage.
APEX Swordfighter might actually worse than Zelda lol

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
MFW I try to go to the Zelda Social and it's not the first thread on the Zelda boards:

Anyway...

Jaguar360 Jaguar360 that video you posted of Greninja and Pac-Man is insane. It's giving me flashbacks of one of the earliest 3DS grand finals of Abadango vs. Nietono.

Blobface Blobface have you seen Super Ganon Time videos?

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
MFW I try to go to the Zelda Social and it's not the first thread on the Zelda boards:

Anyway...

Jaguar360 Jaguar360 that video you posted of Greninja and Pac-Man is insane. It's giving me flashbacks of one of the earliest 3DS grand finals of Abadango vs. Nietono.

Blobface Blobface have you seen Super Ganon Time videos?
Nietono's Greninja :'(. The lost potential. At least aMSa picked Smash 4 back up.

But yeah, Pacman's matches are already so volatile and then you put a super quick and flashy ninja and there and it turns into a battlefield! Holy crap Venia vs. Sinji was so great.

Sorry for not being active here for the past few weeks gorls. Being trying to spend less time on the Internet since college started again (which honestly hasn't been working out too well lol). Praying to Farore, Naryu and Din for some good buffs for Zolderp on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fina-freakingly! You'd think Vergil would have a ton of awesome fan art floating about... Ahem, I am now a Dark Slayer. 18 more days until DMC3's anniversary! (I kind of wanted a new, monthly avatar... kind of wanted it to reflect some "gaming" history or something...) Fun fact: only, not counting re-releases or ports, DMC1 and DMC3 are the only DMC games to not be initially released in January; DMC2, DMC4, and DmC were all initially released in January.

Also, apparently there's this Korean manhwa called Girls of the Wild's about martial artists in an all-female private school and of course, one of the main characters is a dude who happens to be the only dude to enroll in an all-female private school... First off, someone made this piece of art...
...and for me, it screams one thing other than, "WOW!": "WHY DOESN'T ZSS HAVE AN ALT LIKE THIS?!" It looks sporty while also being badass. Sure, she's wearing athletic shorts and her current alts are based on official art, but... eh... Maybe she could have had the above as her default outfit? Yes, it would ruin the whole "Zero Suit" look, but she's still "Zero Suit". Also, duuuuuuude. Why can't we have more character design like this in games?

The last games I remember seeing something like this was in KoF XIII (Leona) and Mirror's Edge! Why aren't there more badass women who look... normal and not... stupid... I think I found my next avatar (character, idea, meh) and I already just settled on one!

Edit: I think I'm what a TV Troper would call an "Amazon Chaser"... Eh... people probably think I'm creepy now. :p

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Fina-freakingly! You'd think Vergil would have a ton of awesome fan art floating about... Ahem, I am now a Dark Slayer. 18 more days until DMC3's anniversary! (I kind of wanted a new, monthly avatar... kind of wanted it to reflect some "gaming" history or something...) Fun fact: only, not counting re-releases or ports, DMC1 and DMC3 are the only DMC games to not be initially released in January; DMC2, DMC4, and DmC were all initially released in January.

Also, apparently there's this Korean manhwa called Girls of the Wild's about martial artists in an all-female private school and of course, one of the main characters is a dude who happens to be the only dude to enroll in an all-female private school... First off, someone made this piece of art...
...and for me, it screams one thing other than, "WOW!": "WHY DOESN'T ZSS HAVE AN ALT LIKE THIS?!" It looks sporty while also being badass. Sure, she's wearing athletic shorts and her current alts are based on official art, but... eh... Maybe she could have had the above as her default outfit? Yes, it would ruin the whole "Zero Suit" look, but she's still "Zero Suit". Also, duuuuuuude. Why can't we have more character design like this in games?

The last time games I remember seeing something like this was in KoF XIII (Leona) and Mirror's Edge! Why aren't there more badass women who look... normal and not... stupid... I think I found my next avatar (character, idea, meh) and I already just settled on one!

Edit: I think I'm what a TV Troper would call an "Amazon Chaser"... Eh... people probably think I'm creepy now. :p
I just have the best nickname for you now, I really appreciate you giving me the idea for it!

FFapran

I have a friend who likes Leona a lot, and I do too, by the by. She's REALLY cool and KOF in general is pretty dope sooo...yeah.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just have the best nickname for you now, I really appreciate you giving me the idea for it!

FFapran

I have a friend who likes Leona a lot, and I do too, by the by. She's REALLY cool and KOF in general is pretty dope sooo...yeah.
Hey, art is freaking eye candy and you cannot deny it. :p

Eh, I don't know, I just happen to like characters who are badass which is why Zelda makes me sad everyday when I see her in Smash and remember the badass that she is in Hyrule Warriors... Also, I just like action shots since they're, well, action-y and dynamic. Cutesy and static poses are fine every now and again, but action shots are thrilling. Seeing an image of someone vaulting over, punching something, or getting ready to slice some demons up is much, much cooler.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend

The last time games I remember seeing something like this was in KoF XIII (Leona) and Mirror's Edge! Why aren't there more badass women who look... normal and not... stupid... I think I found my next avatar (character, idea, meh) and I already just settled on one!
^This one. But I do agree with what you said.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Also I've been playing Fire Emblem:Genealogy of the Holy War. It's pretty good so far, it's one of the only FE games I know of where you can save (like hard save, not temp. save) every turn. Wanna know why?

Here is what a regular map past the prologue looks like
LOOK AT IT, LORD

Game's really fun though. Best FE OST of all time IMO so far.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also I've been playing Fire Emblem:Genealogy of the Holy War. It's pretty good so far, it's one of the only FE games I know of where you can save (like hard save, not temp. save) every turn. Wanna know why?

LOOK AT IT, LORD

I love this game. Plot (please tell me you haven't spoiled this too much), gameplay, soundtrack, it's got everything. Easily one of my favourite FEs, if not one of my favourite games full stop.

Regarding saving on every turn, you should set the auto save (if you're using it) to a different slot. So, one slot where you save at the end of each chapter, and another for saving each turn. That way, if you stuff up badly and need to restart the chapter, you have a backup.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

LOOK AT IT, LORD

fe4 is good times. Make sure to check after each castle if any characters have new conversations. you unlock a lot of good things that way

the 2 games that take place on Jugdral are really good in terms of plot, strategy and sound track.
the less you spoil for yourself the better as well. Although there are some hidden items in each chapter I wouldn't mind giving you a pointer to where they are cause you would have no clue other wise. or you can ask Moydow Moydow

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah I haven't been spoiled too much although I know of the plot details in some form. I don't know about maps or secrets, but I may consult a guide as I go to help myself there.

It's REALLY fun so far (I've only done half the prologue so far and looked at Ch. 1's map out of curiosity) but I'm REALLY liking it.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Yeah I haven't been spoiled too much although I know of the plot details in some form. I don't know about maps or secrets, but I may consult a guide as I go to help myself there.

It's REALLY fun so far (I've only done half the prologue so far and looked at Ch. 1's map out of curiosity) but I'm REALLY liking it.
no need for guide I got you
Chapter_1.png
less plot/game play spoilers the better.
there is usually 1 hidden item per map. they're all worth your time
Most things you get will be from character conversations

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Still ain't too good, nose started to get a bit stuffy today; but I'm pressing on. So I'll be fine, and I start my Design Course at University today. :yeahboi: (Home Studying is awesome. <3)

you don't have an overdrive set up?
The thing is, I'm kinda over-leveled and the Skell part of the Ga Jirarg fight isn't that bad compared to what I had to deal with against them on foot. I think I was just being reckless against them during the Skell fights, but I can easily take them on again, since I don't have to sit through "You cannot hide here or low!" or "The day my blade falls!" :V

Top Bottom