• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
So, I doubt it will happen, but what if Bayonetta is really bad? what then? how do we call her?

Badonetta?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So, I doubt it will happen, but what if Bayonetta is really bad? what then? how do we call her?

Badonetta?
LOL, Badonetta.

Alternatively we could go with Bayonettawful, or Bawfulnetta. :secretkpop:

I am waiting to find out what her downside is, (I'm guessing lacking good KO options) either way it will almost certainly not drag ha down.

Edit: one name option in the case she's really good is baeonetta

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Sakurai said in the direct that her combos take a while to start.
Slow start up might be her overall weakness?

Badonetta?
We'd call her "Still Betta than Zelda"
It would be true.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
LOL, Badonetta.

I am waiting to find out what her downside is (I'm guessing good KO options) either way it will almost certainly not drag ha down.
If I'm correct I remember that her landing lag was determined by how long of a combo she performed, and that her moves have a bit of start up time which is pretty similar to how she works in the actual game.

Seeing as I played both Bayonetta games so much, I'll bet it'll come pretty naturally to me at least. :yeahboi:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
When Bayonetta comes I'm going to drop Zelda so hard and be like

...at least for a while. We all know we can't abandon Zeldawful completely:secretkpop:
Zelda is a terrible character... Why did you play her in the first place?

Also

Bayonotgood

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
With Ryu and Bayonetta, Sakurai seems to have really tried to make them feel like their home-game selves.

If only he was as inspired by the original series for Zelda.

Zelda is a terrible character... Why did you play her in the first place?
She still a GoddesS
And up until Robin, Zelda was my character with the best results. It's honestly pathetic but true.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw girls.

I'm considering a secondary to main. Since I'm struggling in some MUs with Lucina. :V

Which character would you suggest?

Or I could just wait for :4corrin: to come out. :V

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Btw girls.

I'm considering a secondary to main. Since I'm struggling in some MUs with Lucina. :V

Inb4 someone says :4sheik:

But seriously I guess it really matters on Lucina's bad MU's and your playstyle

So, idk

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Btw girls.

Maybe really try to grind out Lucina before giving up on certain MUs. You've already put yourself at a big disadvantage by not using a top tier character. There are more than a handful of characters who would pretty much invalidate your Lucina just by having them as a secondary.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Btw girls.

Up to you really.

I would say look towards someone who's already near top tier like Pikachu or Sanic (obviously).

But if you like Lucina as is then stick to her or wait till Corrin. Who knows what'll happen?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Maybe really try to grind out Lucina before giving up on certain MUs. You've already put yourself at a big disadvantage by not using a top tier character. There are more than a handful of characters who would pretty much invalidate your Lucina just by having them as a secondary.
True. But you know how I'm like, picked her up because she's fun and all. :V
I'll stick with her and do like you say. Practice, practice, practice.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Btw girls.

Greninja's super interesting to learn, but he might not be the best choice for a secondary since he's kinda weird. :/ If do you try him and like how he feels, I think he'd be fun. :)

For productivity, I don't know what Lucina's MU spread is like, but Pikachu's a fun high tier with a good matchup spread.

tl;dr play a Pokemon

I've been relearning all of the Miis since I found out about the Tails/Knuckles/Ashley/Geno costumes yesterday and I find Mii Gunner to be one of the most interesting characters in the game to play. Playing with the arsenal of weapons is so fascinating. It's like building a mobile wall of explosives. I like this character and the other two Miis a lot.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Remember when the game was new and people swore that this game was really balanced and just about every character would have a niche of some sort and wouldn't be invalidated by better characters?

LOOOOOOL

How naive were we?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I swear, if I end up liking Bayonetta - not going to be a surprise since I liked the combat from her game, but hated QTEs and the innuendos -, I shall thenceforth be known as Bayleef... Oh dear lord, the green alt she has looks gross... I really like her short hair in Bayonetta 2 compared to her beehive thing in Bayonetta 1... What the hell did I get myself into... Ooo! The Jeanne alt looks really good... Reminds me of Dante... THE SAD PART IS SHE'S THE CLOSEST THING I HAVE TO DANTE IN SMASH! The orange one doesn't look too bad... *Ffamran is having a co-main/secondary crisis*

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh hey gorls it's Zelda but with actually threatening attacks oh wow

Inb4 Smash 5 Puppet Zelda is a new clone and is actually good.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ew gorl no I'm kinkshaming you so hard rn
But testosterone! TESTOSTERONE! RGH! MAN!

what the christ am I looking at
TESTOSTERONE! The sight of a man at his manliest, man! RGGGGGGH!!! BULGING BICEPS!

Y'know, someone, preferably a mod, seeing the recent activity feed would think I'm a spam bot after seeing "TESTOSTERONE!" littered there. :p

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'm probably in the minority, but I think Ffamran's avatar looks great. If nothing else, it gave me a good laugh which is great.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I find it amusing

but that doesn't invalidate my question
Oh... It's just a muscular Santa Claus... with some demon reindeer in the background... I don't know why it's there... In this case, search for "buff Santa" or "manly Santa". Do not! I repeat: DO NOT search "muscular Santa" if you want to keep things SFW. Enjoy. :p

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I just tried to turn on my car with a guitar pick.

I was unsuccessful.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Dunno if I already posted this, but this shows I have too much time on my hands.

LOL, Badonetta.

I am waiting to find out what her downside is, (I'm guessing lacking good KO options) either way it will almost certainly not drag ha down.

Edit: one name option in the case she's really good is baeonetta
I'm wondering if rage is gonna kill her combo game
Oh hey gorls it's Zelda but with actually threatening attacks oh wow

Inb4 Smash 5 Puppet Zelda is a new clone and is actually good.
upload_2015-12-16_20-49-30.jpeg
idk why smashboards made it sideways lol
omg why is this post so big?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Frrrrrrrick. The first post I make in the Bay boards was almost instinctual. It's like I know how she works... AND SHE'S NOT EVEN IN THE GAME! How the hell would I know a thing! *in EODM07's voice* I don't know; I don't even know what EODM07 sounds like... I keep imagining a British lady for some reason... Whatever just go with it... Ahem... *in a British lady's voice* Oh, but Ffamran, you keep mentioning Devil May Cry randomly when nobody cares and say that it's similar to Bayonetta because- YES! I know! And that's what makes it worse! I look at her moves and I'm like, "Hey, that's like that one setup you can do in DM- FFFFFFRICK." I swear to Din if Bayonetta has a Utilt to Dair combo! It'd be like High Time to Helm Breaker in DMC! Why must you be my Dante in Smash?! *scurries away to cry in a corner*

Kill me now and spare me before I end up hate maining another character!

In other news, (Ma)Corrin's crouch looks really stupid. I think it's 'cause he's so skinny and not muscular like Captain Falcon or... er... "healthy" like ZSS, so while he's wearing this body suit thing, he just looks even weirder... As for from a FeCorrin perspective... probably the same. Heh... Male Corrin should be called MaCorn. :p

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
FINALLY DONE ALL MY FINALS WHOOO

Now I finally have time to derp around and have fun here~

Whipped up a neat signature below that took about 10 minutes to make too! FREEDOM AT LAST!

EDIT: OMG FEMALE CORRIN'S ICON ON THE SIDE IS MORE TRASH TIER THAN ZELDA

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Bayonetta's gonna be really fun to mess around with on Duck Hunt using Bullet Arts. New game: shoot all the ducks from a distance with only Bullet Arts

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just decided to have some Brunch for today, since I got up pretty late. Might have a snack later on just in case.

*in EODM07's voice* I don't know; I don't even know what EODM07 sounds like... I keep imagining a British lady for some reason... Whatever just go with it... Ahem... *in a British lady's voice*

Also, to sum up your avatar. Pretty cool.
:secretkpop:

Btw, I'm trying to think of a clip to submit to EMG for their Play of the Week series. Which video do you girls think I should submit? I'm thinking of one where I made the hardest of reads on Koiba Koiba on Halberd with a fully charged USmash with Bowser. But that clip is from 1.1.0, so I dunno whether to post one that I had against @TTTTTsd in a Lucina & Doc MU or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom