• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I just wanted another character that would interest me. It could have been anyone from Wolf, Anna, Impa, Terra Branford, Tifa, Panther Caroso, Toon Ganon, Hector, Eirikia, Ephraim, Dante - Magic bullets, yo! Ain't real bullets! -, Nathan Spencer, Strider Hiryu, Ryu Hayabusa, Kyo Kusanagi, whoever... But apparently, Bayonetta and Corrin aren't characters that interest me... -__-

So, I'm stuck with Falco and maybe Cloud, Ike, or Roy and Roy's like the bottom of the barrel for a character that interests me. Now, if Fox was voiced by Jim Walker, Fox wouldn't have to be played on mute.
Was really hoping for Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Manray. Guess I'll just have to wait till Smash 5.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707

Oh hai guys.

Bayonetta.

Smash.

Nuff said.

Do I even need to explain why this is the best thing in the history of ever when the first 2 games I bought for my Wii U were Smash and Bayonetta 2?

cloud sucks
Is he really that bad? Heard he was mid tier at best.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Is he really that bad? Heard he was mid tier at best.
no he sucks

his frame data is trash
he has no good get off me moves
bad throw game (no combo throws, no kill throws, I don't even know how this happened)
minimal oos options
horrible recovery

cloud is bad

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
HERE I COME ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF THEM

eh...

Knuckles as a brawler costume is weird seeing as 95% of brawler's attacks are kicks and knuckles throws hands
Works well with Piston Punch. I've had my own Knuckles Mii Brawler for a few months now and have Shot Put, Onslaught, Piston Punch and Feint Jump on it. Pretty fun ^_^. In February I won't have to pretend anymore.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
By the way was I the only one that found it funny that when showing the Geno costume Nintendo did the whole "Super Smash Bros X Super Mario RPG" thing?

They usually kept that for crossover stuff but then they do with Mario of all things. I know there's Square's involvement and all but it still came up as funny to me.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well while Zelda didn't get any buffs (at least it looks like it so far...) I did find a combo that might've gone over our heads.

The back hit of Utilt can combo into a turnaround Jab, Dtilt, Ftilt, or Grab in addition to our usual BnBs off of an Utilt. So you can do something like Back Hit Utilt>Turnaround Jab>Nair for a 26% "9" hit combo. Or substitute the Nair for a kick, which nets you 35%. You can even substitute in a JC Usmash for a 28% combo (part of Usmash misses). Or start some Dtilt and Grab stuff. Ftilt is an option but...it only gets you 17% (angled up to sweetspot) and can't be followed up on.

So yay more combos even though they were always there! :^)

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I'm so glad that Bayonetta was announced, since Corrin was a letdown for me tbh. I still have yet to complete Bayonetta 2 since I'm bad so bad at the game. :/

Did anybody see the songs for Umbran Clock Tower? I'm mostly hoping for Fly me to the Moon/Tomorrow is Mine. I wish that the terrain on the stage didn't count as a ceiling, otherwise it probably would be allowed in tournaments (unless I missed something crazy).

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Lol, cloud isn't bad. He's not fantastic or anything, but he's not bad. His recovery is trash though. FT is broken.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
no he sucks

his frame data is trash
he has no good get off me moves
bad throw game (no combo throws, no kill throws, I don't even know how this happened)
minimal oos options
horrible recovery

cloud is bad
His jab and tilts, bruh. He is very effective at keep away, but like Palutena or Shulk keep away. His aerials also have meaty hitboxes that kinda linger, with Nair being his most useful. He also moves at a nongarbage pace. He's almost like Palutena playstyle (passive aggressive, punish/read to kill) wise except all he has to do is use SideB or DownB. Or Fsmash, which may as well be his only other kill option... It's not speedy, but not useless. His projectile is MEH, but any projectile that isn't Din's Fire isn't an awful projectile.

TL:DR, 10/10 potential bcuz everyone who isn't Zelder has 10/10 lololol

But to be honest, his KB overall is very disappointing. After all he has magical/materia shenanigans on his side and a gigantic sword. I was kind of expecting a cross between Ike and Marth/Martha, but with a projectile. On the plus side, his Limit system is ridiculous. DownB/SideB for deadly and not laaaaggy punishes. He is def mid tier, but not lame tier.

SUPER DOWNSIDE: his playstyle will most likely be Swat-U-Away or Wait-2-Punish-Only-W/-Ez-Kill-Movez. Soooooo fuuuuuuuun.

This is all at first glance/an hour of playing/some training time, ofc.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm so glad that Bayonetta was announced, since Corrin was a letdown for me tbh. I still have yet to complete Bayonetta 2 since I'm bad so bad at the game. :/

Did anybody see the songs for Umbran Clock Tower? I'm mostly hoping for Fly me to the Moon/Tomorrow is Mine. I wish that the terrain on the stage didn't count as a ceiling, otherwise it probably would be allowed in tournaments (unless I missed something crazy).
Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-33-54.png

Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-34-24.png

Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-34-31.png
Some platforms were solid, but you could drop through most. I could see it being legal (more legal than Castle Seige either way.)

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
The most disappointing part about Cloud's release is that Midgar only has 2 songs.

2 songs
from a series like Final Fantasy.

so much potential gone.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I swear getting kills with Electroshock on the second transformation on Castle Siege is going to be so much fun :happysheep:

Now all I have to do is make people think it isn't jank

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Played with Cloud for like 5 minutes instead of studying.

His Uair is freakin' GODLIKE. Like, without it, he'd be sooooo bad. But now he's decent. Dtilt helps too.

And don't forget that freakin' DownB. It's pretty solid. Too bad Cloud's recovery is Mac tier without limit break.

This is a solid mid tier character for now, depending on how abusable limit break is, he might be higher.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Neither of those are in, unfortunately, but that's likely because they're real songs and they want to avoid copyright and stuff. They weren't released as part of the official soundtracks either.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I just want to point out that if you have all the DLC characters, Zelda's icon is waaaaaay over at the end of the first row. It's going to be weird adjusting.
funny how sheik ended up in her old spot

Oh and Cloud feels...ok. His throws don't seem all that great, and his recovery isn't that good unless he has a limit break. I feel like he should have more range than he does right now. But that Uair...it's great. Nair is pretty decent too. It's like Shulk's, except faster and weaker.

Also Midgar might be one of my new favorite stages because the hazards are actually cool.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Lol, cloud isn't bad. He's not fantastic or anything, but he's not bad. His recovery is trash though. FT is broken.
It's just a really weird feeling reading someone who plays Shulk calling Cloud's frame data bad lol.

Maybe he only ever used jab? =3

Considering most of Cloud's frame data is better than Ike's I want the dank weed that guy was smoking when he said Cloud's was that bad. I wish I could misinformation that well too!

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I have no wifi to update. I even walked to work to see if I could get wifi there.

I am le sad. Will probably give my Wii U / 3DS to a friend tomorrow, have them update it, and then get it back on Friday night.... :'(

Also, where tf is my fsmash buff. Mechanics nerfed that move so hard and the dev team didn't even bat an eye.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I have no wifi to update. I even walked to work to see if I could get wifi there.

I am le sad. Will probably give my Wii U / 3DS to a friend tomorrow, have them update it, and then get it back on Friday night.... :'(
sux2bu

meanwhile I haven't played the game in like a month and probably wouldn't have even bothered updating if I wasn't whitelisted for the patch note committee, but I couldn't pass up a chance to damage my n3ds taking off the back cover repeatedly because why do you need to use a screwdriver and then pry the back cover off with the stylus to get at the SD card on this thing what the hell nintendo

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Everyone choose Cancer and go to the Midgar stage. Something...interesting happens with his character model.
Cancer=Sonic

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Crap. Lucas is a nerd... Quick! Someone Photoshop Lucas so he looks like Jimmy Neutron!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got some great wifi games in vs someone better than me. I learned a lot. IMO cloud feels mid-tier. He has good specials but I think the more people learn the MU the less he'll get away with.

Top Bottom