• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Rating Zelda's moves in that one thread is so difficult. I still don't know if we're rating compared to the cast or not.

1. You're not Harry Potter anymore :(
2. @ Valamway Valamway confirm my Sonic isn't cancer
1. I was never Mr. Potter but now I want to be
2. I believe you, but only because your mains are Zelda and Ike.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
>Lucina
>Gimmicky

Uhhhh

Honestly Marth and Lucina are some of the best fundamentals characters. Relatively straightforward attacks that can be argued to do what that specific type of attack is supposed to do, a good but simple recovery, decent offstage game, and aren't hard to handle like characters like Greninja (and Marth in particular rewards spacing). Heck, as bad as I am with them, I've considered learning them to go back to the basics. Lucario's not really complicated either but he's not real beginner-friendly.
ok

Lucina was gimmicky

now that her moveset actually works her gameplan isn't "spam fsmash" anymore

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Did characters get buffed or nerfed lately? I can't find anything regarding recent Lucina/Marth changes and I heard something about Sonic nerfs. Does anyone have a link to some unofficial patch notes?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Rating Zelda's moves in that one thread is so difficult. I still don't know if we're rating compared to the cast or not.

1. I was never Mr. Potter but now I want to be
2. I believe you, but only because your mains are Zelda and Ike.
I don't know if I can call Ike a main or not just yet.

But I wanted him on the background of my posts because he's so cool. LOOK AT THAT AWESOME HAIR

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I've been tagged in the social thread!? I'm scared...

But yeah, his Sonic isn't spammy at all.
He plays him like a Zelda main: going for hard reads and gimps while maintaining stage control.
HAHA! I got you in here! Welcome to the madness my friend! There are some good Zeldas in here you should play, like Phil and SFLR9 and Evmaxy and Macchiato when he's maining Zelda and GingerGaymer and any I've forgotten.

Everyone be nice to Valamway, I don't want you gorls scaring him away!

I may pick up Mario in case Sheik happens. Lol. **** Sheik. My match wasn't lopsided at all. Close and I feel like I could have taken the match, if anything, buuuut I feel like I'm working too hard in the MU

I'll let my bro post about the tourney. Good experience tbh but I'll follow up after him. Got 9th, and he got 7th. Controller johns for me lmao

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I don't know if I can call Ike a main or not just yet.

But I wanted him on the background of my posts because he's so cool. LOOK AT THAT AWESOME HAIR
My hairs better

You should have me in your background

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I haven't gone on it yet but I'm gonna try it in the morning

No I haven't watched it yet. I don't really wanna watch all the seasons I missed. If I watch the first one will I still understand the plot and everything?
No not really

WARNING: EXTREME LANGUAGE
watch this
if you watched this then you'll probably want to watch it now

Last edited:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Hope you do well Beserky~ :happysheep:

And are you and Beserker twins or not?
Nope I'm older by a few years!

Just came from a tourney and got 7th out of 33 and @ Berserker. Berserker. got 9th

We got really unlucky seedings since we were each other's first opponents >_>

We also decided to name ourselves in-game after waifus this time lol

Although I did some pretty good combos that I wasn't able to record (Like a pretty slick down-throw to bomb to spin attack combo), I was ultimately off in comparison to how I actually do.

Also, how the hell do you deal with Wario's bike????

Played friendlies after the tourney and all in all throughout today I won with :4link::4megaman::4darkpit::4zelda::4myfriends::rosalina::4luigi:

Also, @ Locke 06 Locke 06 senpai I beat the Sheik that beat my Link back at March with Mega Man. He's considered best Sheik here and I was amazed that my Mega Man did that well against him. I DID IT FOR YOU SENPAI. Pls be proud

Smh my reflexes were so dead. They were probably on-par with my grandma who has a problem remembering if my mom is her kid. Wrong decision drinking last night. Hangover was annoying AF. This entire time, I was like

Lesson learned today, kids!
Infamously strong alcoholic drinks and 2-3 hour sleeps do not result in good performance!

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Speaking of tournaments should I go only Zelda in mine
It's pm so I'd have a pretty good chance of winning I guess

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
That wasn't the only thing I said

Yeah you said a lot of stuff and Suffler said some other stuff too but I can't remember because I diDN'T SCEENCAP IT SMH (it was so beautiful I praise yew gorls ;_; )

Wanna join my next game later? Might be the last game I host in a while since I'm going back to school on Monday fml so I won't be online anymore when everyone else is.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

Yeah you said a lot of stuff and Suffler said some other stuff too but I can't remember because I diDN'T SCEENCAP IT SMH (it was so beautiful I praise yew gorls ;_; )

Wanna join my next game later? Might be the last game I host in a while since I'm going back to school on Monday fml so I won't be online anymore when everyone else is.
What time was it exactly? I'm in est so if you can translate that for me

That'd be great

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
What time was it exactly? I'm in est so if you can translate that for me

That'd be great
I'm planning on hosting the game at 7AM AEST, so that's around 5PM EST I think. Moydow's quote for time zone reference:
GMT +9 hours
or EST +14 hours
so basically US evening/night of the previous day
Since your tournament's at 4PM EST I can make the game earlier but that just means I'll have to wake up at around 5AM AEST.

And over here right now it's 1AM LOL. Tbf though I had a nap so I can't really sleep right now.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I'm planning on hosting the game at 7AM AEST, so that's around 5PM EST I think. Moydow's quote for time zone reference:

Since your tournament's at 4PM EST I can make the game earlier but that just means I'll have to wake up at around 5AM AEST.

And over here right now it's 1AM LOL. Tbf though I had a nap so I can't really sleep right now.
Nah don't worry about changing the time, thanks though

Maybe later that night I can play though if people still want to play I guess

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Did anyone screencap what I said about moderators getting laid?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@Nammy12 sorry I didn't let you in, I was playing on the ladder. Now I have to actually start doing things today like mow my lawn and pay my bills and be a boring adult.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
A little late now, but just saying I still haven't managed to play a CAH round, so anyone claiming to be me was a fraud. :^)

Whoever did that "BJN39 ate my soul" card in CAH made me laugh though.

Also, Macchi pls.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Nope I'm older by a few years!

Just came from a tourney and got 7th out of 33 and @ Berserker. Berserker. got 9th

We got really unlucky seedings since we were each other's first opponents >_>

We also decided to name ourselves in-game after waifus this time lol

Although I did some pretty good combos that I wasn't able to record (Like a pretty slick down-throw to bomb to spin attack combo), I was ultimately off in comparison to how I actually do.

Also, how the hell do you deal with Wario's bike????

Played friendlies after the tourney and all in all throughout today I won with :4link::4megaman::4darkpit::4zelda::4myfriends::rosalina::4luigi:

Also, @ Locke 06 Locke 06 senpai I beat the Sheik that beat my Link back at March with Mega Man. He's considered best Sheik here and I was amazed that my Mega Man did that well against him. I DID IT FOR YOU SENPAI. Pls be proud

Smh my reflexes were so dead. They were probably on-par with my grandma who has a problem remembering if my mom is her kid. Wrong decision drinking last night. Hangover was annoying AF. This entire time, I was like

Lesson learned today, kids!
Infamously strong alcoholic drinks and 2-3 hour sleeps do not result in good performance!
That seeding is terrible. Why would you put two brothers against each other in the first round?

Does NAir OoS work for the bike? Or spin attack OoS. You might also be able to grab him if you turn around in your shield first. Otherwise, you could snipe him with a projectile or something like that.

Off to my tourney in 2 hours. Pretty sure I'm going straight Mega, even though I picked up Fox for the sole purpose of beating Windy Kong, which there are 2 good ones. I think if I run Danger Wrap (ew) it should help me pressure his landings and him on a platform. And kill him.

Also, gonna be trying out some new secret Mega man tech. My crew mate just got a capture card, so hopefully I'll be able to make a video about it. Because everyone likes videos.

@ Berserker. Berserker. Soon™

Last edited:
The top 2 players (A Falcon player and another Shulk player) in our scene were pitted against each other at first round

Yep

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
That seeding is terrible. Why would you put two brothers against each other in the first round?

Does NAir OoS work for the bike? Or spin attack OoS. You might also be able to grab him if you turn around in your shield first. Otherwise, you could snipe him with a projectile or something like that.

Off to my tourney in 2 hours. Pretty sure I'm going straight Mega, even though I picked up Fox for the sole purpose of beating Windy Kong, which there are 2 good ones. I think if I run Danger Wrap (ew) it should help me pressure his landings and him on a platform. And kill him.

Also, gonna be trying out some new secret Mega man tech. My crew mate just got a capture card, so hopefully I'll be able to make a video about it. Because everyone likes videos.

@ Berserker. Berserker. Soon™
I don't play Mega Man and I never intend to and this post got me hyped for the new tech.

I guess I just really like secrets.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
A little late now, but just saying I still haven't managed to play a CAH round, so anyone claiming to be me was a fraud. :^)
anyone claiming to be me was a fraud
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght

Whoever did that "BJN39 ate my soul" card in CAH made me laugh though.
BJN39's jar of souls tho. change the thread title to this pls thank

Mom yew should totally join our next game though. <3 It might be the last one I'm hosting for now.

On another note, is this tourney week? Everyone seems to be going to tourneys recently. Even Town & Sydney is on too.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I claimed to be a lot of people.

I tried a ton of names and for some reason they wouldn't accept any of them, I even tried CPU 3 and it gave me an error message.

Then I typed into the name thing what I was feeling which was "why".

So I was forever named "why".

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I claimed to be a lot of people.

I tried a ton of names and for some reason they wouldn't accept any of them, I even tried CPU 3 and it gave me an error message.

Then I typed into the name thing what I was feeling which was "why".

So I was forever named "why".
I pretended to be soemoen to

Not saying who though :p

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
It works with every character, but I think Mega benefits from it the most. Or Ryu, but I don't fully understand his SF input buffering yet to know if it works like I think it does. Zelda has a good one too.

Requirement: a high reward ground move that comes out relatively quickly and has a good hitbox.

But it's meta defining for Mega, I'm pretty sure. Meanwhile, all the top tourney Megas are dropping the character.

Top Bottom