• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i just summoned a random Tana while trying to get Inigo/Nohrian Aqua (there were no green orbs in this session)

She's +spd -atk, which is kind lame since the one I use is +atk -def

Who would appreciate Guidance? It's kind of a weird skill, but I'd be down to try it

Or would it be better to merge this Tana into my old one to increase my Arena score?

I also got a +res -def Inigo, so I'll give him a Gronnraven build eventually

The only dancer I need now is Nohrian Aqua

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Who would appreciate Guidance? It's kind of a weird skill, but I'd be down to try it
It's a flier exclusive skill that's specifically for mixed teams, which is kind of an odd way to think of building a flier. I'm planning on putting it on Camilla (DC / EA+) when I get around to building her, to go on the Black Knight centric-team I want to built from a page or two ago.

It's a movement support skill, so you want to be using characters that would appreciate it; armors would appreciate it the most. Tana already comes with it and is a solid offensive blue with surprising defensive abilities due to her weapon so it would be good to choose a different color that can use it a different way, which basically leaves a defensive oriented green like +RES Camilla (as the armor is already going to be a physical tank). Caeda is an option, but I'm not wasting DC on her. You'd have even more options than me if you go this route though (Armor + Flier + Infantry team) because you have so many built up armors and would feasibly choose a non-red armor to build it around (in which case Tana might be the best guidance flier to use).

It can work outside of using an armor too, but imo Flier + Infantry would work better with two Guidance fliers to make it more offensive. 2 Fliers + Armor + Infantry works too, but again it depends on the units you choose.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
one day i will pull a five star from the free summon untill then i'll be in my corner

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
one day i will pull a five star from the free summon untill then i'll be in my corner
Wait, is that not supposed to happen? I thought the free summons were like guaranteed 5 stars. I didn't realize I was lucky.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I was talking with a friend last night at 3AM, normal drunk talk. Then we got into video games because she just got The Switch. I think I remember it clearly.

"I want it so bad, all those gorls basically have it and they talk about all the good stuff like FEWarriors or Splat2n."

Then we carry on for a minute and finally she circles back to "What's a gOrl?"

"Oh, these gamers on a Smash Bros forum. Zelda Social. Kinda the only people I know who talk about games."

"Are they girls too?"

"No, mostly dudes."

*5 seconds of awkwardly blinking at me goes here* "wait."

"Huh?"

"I think I know who you're talking about. I got a gif for this."

"I live for gifs, please give give give."

*she texts me the link so she can see me open it on my phone* "They're the DREAAAAM GOOOORLS, OOOOOOI, THEY'LL MAKE YOU HAPPY YEE EEE YEE EEE YEEEE *carries on for half the Dream Girls song, mostly improvising poorly and suddenly stops* we need to do drunk karaoke one night."

~THIS IS A GORL~

At least she thinks we're all maybe-handsome crossdressing youth ministers/cool pastors that cheat on our sassy wine drinking wives, amirite?

*silent sobbing btw*

Free summon from Block A was a 5 star M!Corrin! 2 5 stars from free summons in a row, and that's my first ever M!Corrin as well! +Spd -Def which means 39 Speed when he initiates thanks to Yato. That just sounds amazing.
Free summon from Block B was... another M!Corrin with the exact same IV's.

Um

What
I think I only got 2 5*s from free summons so far. Usable IVs, but not mostly optimal IVs. M!Corrin would love -RES more, but -DEF isn't bad either if he's got +SPD. My 2 free summons were 3* Sophia (lol) and 3* Frederick. I think Sophia is -SPD/+ATK. I like Sophia's art a lot, but... Well...

She has the blood of a dragon, not the blood of a giraffe. S T O P ~ T H I S ~ N O N S E N S E

I have 10 orbs atm. I'm not sure if I should save for the enevitable "HAHA U WASTED ALL UR ORBZ HEREZ A GUD BANNR BTW" Banner or throw them into colorless hell for Takumi/Jaffar fodder ooooooooor just throw them at greens for more Inigos/1st Axezura/Sheenas/some fodders maybe?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
the only 5* i've gotten from a free summon was a celica back during her tt banner. she had bad ivs, so i sacrificed to her marx because husbando>>mediocre waifu

I think Sophia is -SPD/+ATK.
literally the best possible ivs for her. give that heaux a raudrraven build and she's supposed to be pretty good

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I believe that everyone I know would be sorely displeased that I call myself a gorl, even as a joke. I feel like I'm this post:
Went to Easter lunch with my family

My dad said to me "you look good today"

I absentmindedly responded "gorl I always look good"

He gave me the most confused and disappointed look ever

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
we should compile a list of the best and/or most highly liked posts from the social

going through over 3k pages of posts would be absolute torture, though

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i'm not sure

if a post has 20+ likes, then that's a good indication of it probably being worth putting in the compilation

but i'm sure there are some really great/iconic posts that didn't get that many likes

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Waaaaaait. I just realized my Premium Subscription is from an anonymous user and not my self??? I am so confused (and also thankful).

the only 5* i've gotten from a free summon was a celica back during her tt banner. she had bad ivs, so i sacrificed to her marx because husbando>>mediocre waifu

literally the best possible ivs for her. give that heaux a raudrraven build and she's supposed to be pretty good
I already have husbando Henry tho. Still, Sophia is the best option, with one sad flaw. She can't have Close Counter and Triangle Adept at the same time. If she could, she would be a hilariously OP Green/Gray counter. But if we get Triangle Adept 1 as a Sacred Seal, we might see such a thing exist since 30% is still pretty hefty. Anyway it turns out the Sophia is +RES/-SPD which is still pretty damn good since her ATK is already good. And means she can make use of Iceberg and she'd be better at handling super buffed Green Blade Tomers.

If TA1 does become a Sacred Seal I am totally making Sophia a usable unit. Maybe. IDK THO BCUZ HER NECK OMG Y

I believe that everyone I know would be sorely displeased that I call myself a gorl, even as a joke. I feel like I'm this post:
Because you're the manliest bara man ever, since all Ike mains are. rite???

we should compile a list of the best and/or most highly liked posts from the social

Eeeeee, imo it would depend on the time frame for the like threshold. Like earlier, 20+ would be good, but now 10+ would be good. I think we should just use 10+ likes. It shouldn't be too bad to do if we use control+F and look for "others like this." which will take us to all posts that are liked by more than 3 people. It'll take some time, but still could be doable.

If there's multiple gorls on the case, there could be different patrol routes so to speak.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
At least she thinks we're all maybe-handsome crossdressing youth ministers/cool pastors that cheat on our sassy wine drinking wives, amirite?
NTR is a trash fetish.

Not really; just have a computer do it. I wrote a script a few years back that grabbed all the relevant info (Name, Author, summary, # words and chapters, Publish/Last Updated date, etc) off of fanfiction.net by inputting a list of URL addresses to throw all 2000 pages or so of fic recs into a single spreadsheet for the people over on the ff.net forum I used to visit. Assuming I still have a copy of the code / rewrite it (wasn't too difficult), it shouldn't be hard to have it look at the source code of the zelda thread.

Yeah, for instance here's the source code for the likes on my post above:

EDIT: Removed quote so it doesn't mess up the program.

Have it increment over every page on a longish timestep so it doesn't put undue stress on the server and it'll be done in, like, an hour.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
NTR is a trash fetish.

Not really; just have a computer do it. I wrote a script a few years back that grabbed all the relevant info (Name, Author, summary, # words and chapters, Publish/Last Updated date, etc) off of fanfiction.net by inputting a list of URL addresses to throw all 2000 pages or so of fic recs into a single spreadsheet for the people over on the ff.net forum I used to visit. Assuming I still have a copy of the code / rewrite it (wasn't too difficult), it shouldn't be hard to have it look at the source code of the zelda thread.

Have it increment over every page on a longish timestep so it doesn't put undue stress on the server and it'll be done in, like, an hour.
Noah and I are basically cavemen when it comes to computers so it is nice to have someone who can do it so flippantly.

And by "I", I of course mean Not Evan, because if you remember Evan does not have a mustache.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I went back in time to look at some of my old posts, I wish i also punched myself in the face for doing so

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
some gorl said:
You people have the worst social thread ever. You just waste time complaining about Zelda, rather than actually doing anything with her, and now you people have gone WAY off subject on these threads. Some mains you people are, not actually caring about your character, and instead missing the point altogether. I understand Zelda may not be the best character, as I main a mediocre character myself. But please, will you people stay on topic.
HOLY **** I FORGOT ABOUT THIS POST

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
NTR is a trash fetish.

So are you going to do it?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'd say 15. 10 would be so many posts, but idk.

Also I'm guessing half will be Lavani posts anyway.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I was talking to Liv (the girl I went to homecoming) Was getting all grumpy about some mean girls at her school. I promptly had this text exchange:

"Don't let high school heauxs bother you so much"

"what"

"You're good at Spanish but not french I see"

I can't get screenshots rn but this most definitely happened.

:150:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Keep making subtle hints that you dress up as Zelda in your free time.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
NTR is a trash fetish.
I 100% agree.

I was talking to Liv (the girl I went to homecoming) Was getting all grumpy about some mean girls at her school. I promptly had this text exchange:

"what"

When with non-gorls, it is acceptable to use non-gorl language. Like. Just say "let those salty hoes stay salty" next time. :^)

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
being in this social has made it impossible to use the word "hoe" in the right spelling.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So are you going to do it?
Sometime over the weekend, probably. It's the earliest I have to track down wherever I saved the script.

I'll probably just look for all liked posts or something. Can always just sort it via spreadsheet afterwards.

"what"

Unless you end all of your texts with a sprite of Mewtwo like you do your forum posts, in which case:

Top Bottom