• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Is this too lewd to be the real Zeldoo?

BTW, Xelgot's drawing Super Smash Bros characters for October. EX:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. Just played a bit of TF2 with the Invasion update.

ctf_2fort_invasion is pretty much 2Fort but with Aliens.
pd_watergate is pretty dang fun to play on. PD meaning Player Destruction, you need to enter a tractor beam and give the UFO some beer that you get from killing other players on the opposite team (The number you have to give depends on the number of players in the server.)
koth_probed is like every other King of the Hill map, except if you get caught in a UFO's tractor beam, you'll be abducted and you need to escape the UFO as soon as possible. Doing so will give you Mini Crits, Overheal, Speed Buff and a brief Ubercharge for a limited amount of time. Also, there are bombs placed around the map as well. So got to be careful where you aim~. :3
arena_byre sucks, MOVING ON.

Also, anyone up for some matches? I plan on trying out the Bros again including Doc.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
OMG! I just played another Zelda on for glory. Holy damn, the matches were intense *sweating*. Was it any of you gorls?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just got 700 coins from Voltorb Flip in Heart Gold so I could get Ekans.

That was the worst hour and a half or so of my life.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I wish Macchi wouldn't switch mains every 5 seconds

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So I actually enjoy playing failing as Zelderp

Look at what you've all done

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I think Zelda is a good example of how the game should be played tbh.

She's entirely reactionary, outside of like, 0-20% where her dthrow will be a guaranteed combo.

Compared to Sheik who will always SH fair, always go for a bair when trumping, always go for up air / vanish to KO above her, always Fthrow bouncing fish. Nothing really gets mixed up. I don't think she's easy to play at a high level, I certainly can't, but she's so safe and consistent.

Zelda has to choose between various options. If you dthrow you can... Wait for an airdodge to dair, follow up with Nair depending on percent and DI, or Uair depending on percent and DI. Depending on how the opponent returns to stage we can use FFnair, Dair, Lkick or Uair to edgeguard. If the opponent gets on stage we have more options. SH Dair to be flashy, read a roll with Usmash for the ko, grab a get up attack/regular. Her combo strings exist but are never guaranteed. You have to react; can you get a Uair at the end of this string or do you have to Nair it? Can you nair spike them for an Elevator KO?

Basically Zelda has almost no guaranteed combos or strings after very low percents and must always consider with spacing and DI which move to throw out next.

Sadly the meta for top tiers are all guaranteed comboers and playstyles. Rosalina will always go for the same option in a given scenario, as will Sheik. Luigi and Diddy were nerfed for having guaranteed options.

I guess it's all my own opinion, but I stand by it.

Edit: Btw I'm down to practice with non-FG players, if any of you gorls are available.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I actually enjoy playing failing as Zelderp

Look at what you've all done
Zelda is very fun to play because she has a plethora of stuff at her disposal. Is it good stuff? LMAO NAW. But it's flashy and pretty much every KO is satisfying because it is an earned KO. It's not a simple "bait and punish," it's a glorious "I just wrecked you SO HARD" moment. Even better, it's usually accompanied by a freeze frame, so your opponents can cry as they fly to their doom OR it's a sparkly magical death. What's worse is her demeanor is so nonchalant as she fights. It's like she gives 0 ****s and is still kicking someone's ***. Same could be said about Peach... Except she actually seems to enjoy murdering people. Da princesses are too spoopy and crazy and fabulous and dangerous!

Simply put, Zeldon't is the Queen of Disrespect. When she kills you, it's always with a well placed attack that is drawn out and makes the player think "Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Really? Wow. What?" While Zelda is basically saying "I read you like a book and now I'm returning your sorry *** to the ratchet library you came from." It's risk vs reward (Zelda, Peach, Robin, Ike, Palutena, etc) instead of instant gratification (as seen with most top tiers). However, Zelda's entire kit revolves around risk vs reward. Other characters have a few safe moves or tactics.

I think Zelda is a good example of how the game should be played tbh.

She's entirely reactionary, outside of like, 0-20% where her dthrow will be a guaranteed combo.

Compared to Sheik who will always SH fair, always go for a bair when trumping, always go for up air / vanish to KO above her, always Fthrow bouncing fish. Nothing really gets mixed up. I don't think she's easy to play at a high level, I certainly can't, but she's so safe and consistent.

Zelda has to choose between various options. If you dthrow you can... Wait for an airdodge to dair, follow up with Nair depending on percent and DI, or Uair depending on percent and DI. Depending on how the opponent returns to stage we can use FFnair, Dair, Lkick or Uair to edgeguard. If the opponent gets on stage we have more options. SH Dair to be flashy, read a roll with Usmash for the ko, grab a get up attack/regular. Her combo strings exist but are never guaranteed. You have to react; can you get a Uair at the end of this string or do you have to Nair it? Can you nair spike them for an Elevator KO?

Basically Zelda has almost no guaranteed combos or strings after very low percents and must always consider with spacing and DI which move to throw out next.

Sadly the meta for top tiers are all guaranteed comboers and playstyles. Rosalina will always go for the same option in a given scenario, as will Sheik. Luigi and Diddy were nerfed for having guaranteed options.

I guess it's all my own opinion, but I stand by it.

Edit: Btw I'm down to practice with non-FG players, if any of you gorls are available.
I personally prefer risk vs reward playing, as seen in Project M which is way more balanced than any Smash game to date. That's simply why I can't play instant gratification characters like Rosalina or Captain Falcon. I really like their designs; super fancy tall floating lady/adorable attacking pillow and super muscled guy with skin tight clothing/manly voice. But their entire kit is just so... McDonald's Drive Thru-ish. Order something -> get it -> have it fixed if you don't get it -> repeat. Meanwhile, Zeldoo's all up in the kitchen making sparkly *** whoopings from scratch.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ike is risk vs reward because you might suffocate from all the hoes that will flock to you for playing him.

The reward is of course the hoes themselves.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ike is risk vs reward because you might suffocate from all the hoes that will flock to you for playing him.

someone likes farming

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
So, um, this just happened.

I'm probably going to make this my sig as it's the crowning achievement in my Zelda career.

And it's not even one of those pathetic directly horizontal FW KOs either.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So, um, this just happened.

I'm probably going to make this my sig as it's the crowning achievement in my Zelda career.

And it's not even one of those pathetic directly horizontal FW KOs either.
not a light kick edge guard
0/10

Spirst

I'd have said the hoes could be considered the risks too but there's not even a risk of infection considering all gamers are virgins anyway

Top Bottom