• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
My MK sux **** lmao
Let me see a vid so i can thoroughly bash you. pls and ty.

Top MK mains
1.Ito
-huge gap-
2.Katakiri
3.S2H(maybe 4th)
4.Fye
-another big gap-
5.T!mmy(haven't seen him play just based on what Locke said and pr)
6.Oki
7.Selana(probably misspelled)
8.Tyrant(overrated Diddy bandwagoner, but he came 13th in CEO so whatevs)
9.Tech(gets better results than Tyrant and one of the best MKs in doubles)
10.....Not enough MKs

We need more MK mains in murica not cheap secondary garbage players that imitate Ito poorly. Like i understand he inspired people but why must they suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?!

@FE same with me Rizen, never played that ****. Too kawi tsundere baka desu for me(you guys teaching japanknees smh)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Oh boy

The new Fire Emblem just got into very controversial territory.
This will definitely be removed from the English version. Nintendo has censored stuff that's way less offensive/controversial, so I can only imagine this will get cut out.

Why they would ever put this in the game, idk. I just read the conversations and they're not as bad as I thought they'd be, but they're still kinda r*pey and homophobic.

edit: smh that blog straight up lied and it never was like that in the game. The whole drugging her thing is not okay, though.

Sorry for the tag, Ginger gorl.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
As if it wasn't controversial already...

Well

That's very dumb. Why not just let her be the one true yuri character instead of being deceived.
Seriously?

Hopefully they change this with an update. But I doubt it'll ever happen.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh boy

Aw, and that's Lazwald's daughter... The hell, they're both womanizers. :p

I also like how about 3 pages were dedicated to pizza talk. Here, have ice cream instead.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
That's very dumb. Why not just let her be the one true yuri character instead of being deceived.
Seriously?

Hopefully they change this with an update. But I doubt it'll ever happen.

Because Ninty is st00p1d :/

Also needs more of Mark Labbett & Fanny Chmelar

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

I also like how about 3 pages were dedicated to pizza talk. Here, have ice cream instead.
Virion would be proud.

And dang son, he killed it.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Let me see a vid so i can thoroughly bash you. pls and ty.

Top MK mains
1.Ito
-huge gap-
2.Katakiri
3.S2H(maybe 4th)
4.Fye
-another big gap-
5.T!mmy(haven't seen him play just based on what Locke said and pr)
6.Oki
7.Selana(probably misspelled)
8.Tyrant(overrated Diddy bandwagoner, but he came 13th in CEO so whatevs)
9.Tech(gets better results than Tyrant and one of the best MKs in doubles)
10.....Not enough MKs

We need more MK mains in murica not cheap secondary garbage players that imitate Ito poorly. Like i understand he inspired people but why must they suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?!

@FE same with me Rizen, never played that ****. Too kawi tsundere baka desu for me(you guys teaching japanknees smh)
Iunno. T!m was good, but not great. He does things like you're supposed to, which is better than most, but I wasn't blown away. Just annoyed at the planking and obvious baits I wasn't taking.

He went Sheik for the Mac MU. So, take that what you will.

Also, Oregon is free. Their top players are good at best. WA and BC/Alberta own the Pac NW region.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why do I get the feeling Kamui is secretly evil? I mean, the red eyes, pointy ears, and ability to transform into a rampaging dragon... Dracula? Dracula meant "Son of the Dragon"... All we need now is a goatee on them and there you go, Kamui is evil.

Welp, I know what I'm naming male Kamui now. Dracula gonna be one smooth killer in Fates. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Soleil controversy yaay.

Soleil is hot

This support with MaMui has horrible taste. Most definitely will get changed up in localization. But I do not think Nintendo was intending to be homophobic. Whatever the reasons, they put something incredibly strange that here in NA, it is viewed as unacceptable. Perhaps it is viewed differently in Japan (among MANY other things), hence a potential cultural gap that we might be missing. But really, drugging people ain't cool. If I were Nintendo and I were given an opportunity to rewrite this support, I would most definitely do that.

Buuuut give Nintendo credit. They actually decided to give us the ability to do same-sex marriages. Yes, it is limited, but giving people such an option already gives Nintendo some credit that they do not mind implementing such in their games, and it can be considered in future games. But no matter how much Nintendo does, people will complain. It's just the nature of people on the internet, such as that aforementioned Tumblr ranter, and will blow things waay out of proportion. If the game approached the same-sex marriage thing differently, people will still be butthurt and offended so really there's not much you can do about that. They'll find places to nitpick and complain despite already getting what they wanted before.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

My favourite soft Ice Cream flavour is vanilla but my favourite hard Ice Cream flavour would be Orange.

Before anyone asks, I haven't eaten anything else aside from those two.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh boy

http://pastebin.com/bgQC0yEa
The actual text wasn't as bad as I thought. The marriage doesn't make much sense if she's not attracted to him physically. It's stupid. Nintendo should have simply included a same sex coupling instead of this convoluted tripe. The article made it sound worse than it is but it does have a hint of a conversion theme :facepalm:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
The actual text wasn't as bad as I thought. The marriage doesn't make much sense if she's not attracted to him physically. It's stupid. Nintendo should have simply included a same sex coupling instead of this convoluted tripe. The article made it sound worse than it is but it does have a hint of a conversion theme :facepalm:
"ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!"

I expect this controversy to be cleared up/removed, just in time for the English release.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Soleil controversy yaay.

Soleil is hot

This support with MaMui has horrible taste. Most definitely will get changed up in localization. But I do not think Nintendo was intending to be homophobic. Whatever the reasons, they put something incredibly strange that here in NA, it is viewed as unacceptable. Perhaps it is viewed differently in Japan (among MANY other things), hence a potential cultural gap that we might be missing. But really, drugging people ain't cool. If I were Nintendo and I were given an opportunity to rewrite this support, I would most definitely do that.

Buuuut give Nintendo credit. They actually decided to give us the ability to do same-sex marriages. Yes, it is limited, but giving people such an option already gives Nintendo some credit that they do not mind implementing such in their games, and it can be considered in future games. But no matter how much Nintendo does, people will complain. It's just the nature of people on the internet, such as that aforementioned Tumblr ranter, and will blow things waay out of proportion. If the game approached the same-sex marriage thing differently, people will still be butthurt and offended so really there's not much you can do about that. They'll find places to nitpick and complain despite already getting what they wanted before.
Other than that the translation we got is a fan made one.

Things usually get lost in translation especially if it's culturally specific. Which I have a hunch it is.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Random musings on Fire Emblem: Fates/If:

The thing is that Fire Emblem: Fates/If has been doing a lot of "controversial" and "new" things for Nintendo. Same-sex marriage, Soleil apparently being converted to be heterosexual, Zero is apparently a sadistic person which might lead to BDSM themes between him and Kamui, basically, "furries" if you see it that way or more inter-species relationships with Nishiki, a fox spirit, and Flannel, a werewolf, and the fact the Nohr path's main goal was to conquer other nations because they lost resources to sustain their company is kind of evil since they could have just negotiated with another nation. Oh, and Kamui was kidnapped and raised in Nohr instead of Hoshido. Brainwashing and indoctrinating if you choose Nohr which some might argue is because you're choosing the family that raised you over the blood-related family. Think about it, some people were adopted and in some cases when they become rich and famous, there are those kinds of families that pop out of nowhere saying they deserved to be part of their life. At the same time, maybe the birth parents couldn't raise the child and had to give up the child. Poverty, teen pregnancy, or whatever reason. You can argue back and forth with this if the intentions are unclear. The point is Nohr was the family Kamui grew up while Hoshido was the family Kamui was born in and who still loves, but didn't know where Kamui was.

In Awakening? All you got was some implied incest if you let the kids be cousins and S support, especially in Japan where it was kept as romance and not eternal bonds or whatever when localized, a stalker, Tharja, and Anna which could lead to marrying Anna, mistaking another Anna, and some family insanity. Oh, and the little loli, Nowi. Manaketes look human, but have different life spans compared to actually being in a relationship with a person with fluffy ears and a fluffy tail... So fluffy... Anyway, there was wife husbandry and husband wifery... Basically marrying your best friend's kid or grooming a kid so you can marry them like how Robin could marry Lucina. All of that has happened in past Fire Emblems except for the Anna part. So it's nothing new, but it's all contained in Awakening while previous games might have had some elements of this and elements of that.

I don't know, it seems cool that Fates/If is doing different things even if it's "wrong" or really "controversial". It's not and I doubt Nintendo would ever like Hatred which was controversial for the sake of being controversial - people ended up seeing it as some parody-like, B-movie game. It's more like Spec Ops: The Line controversial where it just asks you questions people might not want to. Violence in video games. Why? Was it worth it and why do we love it so much? The Line played like any old shooter with thrills and wanton killing, but the story was different. You could have just turned off the system instead of committing all the war crimes.

Oh, and apparently, Zero's daughter is a fujoshi. :p

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I knew it was a mistranslation. :smash:

Here's a link to shed some light on the drama. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh boy

Ok everyone needs to hang on for one second.

First off, this person looks to be a huge social justice warrior. Trigger warnings, hah.

I actually took the liberty to read the supports and this SJW blows everything completely out of proportions.

First off, was she given the powder without consent? Sure. But what exactly was the crime? For Kamui to look like a woman? Hah!

Also, there is nothing homophobic about it. She never outright says she didn't like guys, only that she liked girls and even then she only says she finds them cute. Her not being able to marry Kamui is more like Cordeilla then anything. A simple joke.

This is the problem with SJWs. They twist things and lie to push agendas.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Japanese humor can be really messed up.
If only the male character can marry the lesbian I don't see how same sex marriage is included. IDK much about the game to be honest.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

I mean if you actually read the support carefully, it is exactly how the above article explains it. Love the fact that people cherrypick things just to complain about it.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Alright I finished moving and all that stuff now time to check the sassboards!

*sees 18 new pages to read*

So what happened? :happysheep:

And my new street name is called Kennedy road

I saw it as @kenniky road help

And games anyone?:happysheep:

Might be bad internet idk

To play list: I don't do 3DS. I'll get rekt :p (copied and pasted)
@Jestar -1st shipping buddy:)
@CPU 3 - "Dark" Pit :132:
@ Burgundy Burgundy - shulk matchups
@Twili - Rosie doubles
@ Lorde Lorde -Jiggs and Rosie doubles
@Matsushi - lol lag :p
@|ven| lol want to get rekt by sass :)
@ r_greening1 r_greening1 shipping buddies
@Phenomiracle -Halp me with my :4darkpit:
@Project Crysis -Because Mr. Antony told me to

Rizen

Smash Legend

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Alright I finished moving and all that stuff now time to check the sassboards!

*sees 18 new pages to read*

So what happened? :happysheep:

And my new street name is called Kennedy road

I saw it as @kenniky road help

And games anyone?:happysheep:

Might be bad internet idk

To play list: I don't do 3DS. I'll get rekt :p (copied and pasted)
@Jestar -1st shipping buddy:)
@CPU 3 - "Dark" Pit :132:
@ Burgundy Burgundy - shulk matchups
@Twili - Rosie doubles
@ Lorde Lorde -Jiggs and Rosie doubles
@Matsushi - lol lag :p
@|ven| lol want to get rekt by sass :)
@ r_greening1 r_greening1 shipping buddies
@Phenomiracle -Halp me with my :4darkpit:
@Project Crysis -Because Mr. Antony told me to
I might be able to get in a couple matches now! And my internet is fixed. :3

I had a feeling it had something to do with translators. It would make no sense otherwise, but leave it to the Games media to take it at face value and spread crap like this around without doing proper research. smh

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I mean if you actually read the support carefully, it is exactly how the above article explains it. Love the fact that people cherrypick things just to complain about it.
I wouldn't say exactly. But yeah, it was cherrypicking, and even then it twisted the truth way too much.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
That Fates thing was a mistranslation?
Not a mistranslation at all.

Misinterpretation is the better word to use.

Trusting a butthurt TUMBLR girl over a potential contact from Nintendo over this issue, what has the Internet become.

Soul.

Trusting a butthurt TUMBLR girl over a potential contact from Nintendo over this issue, what has the Internet become.
Oh. Should've worded that better. ****.
What's the big deal with this problem anyway?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The irony with Soleil's name and how dark stuff happens to her. Remember kids, name your kids something bad and they'll have better lives. *proceeds to name a kid "Pineapple"* :p

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Um gorls real pizza talk, pesto and barbeque are the best things to ever grace a pizza. And has anyone ever had macaroni and cheese pizza? Omg, that shouldn't even be legal.

Oh and that Fates thing sounds absolutely horrible...if it's true. I'm not trusting a fan translation and someone on dumblr.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh. Should've worded that better. ****.
What's the big deal with this problem anyway?
People are offended (like we as humans don't get enough offended by literally everything) that a gay girl gets drugged by the male avatar to become straight and marry him.

Where honestly that is dropping a lot of context and doesn't even describe the full story in the ever slightest.

The real issue here is a damn social justice butthurt Tumblr girl taking over the Internet with her false information.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

See? I knew I was good at picking waifus. So smart. :happysheep:

But yeah, the minute I saw tumblr, I had to read the support conversation myself.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tumbler is one of those places the sun doesn't shine.
Mistranslation by some d*****bag aside, where's the gay marriage? It seems like a total cop-out to have a lesbian only be able to marry a guy.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Um gorls real pizza talk, pesto and barbeque are the best things to ever grace a pizza. And has anyone ever had macaroni and cheese pizza? Omg, that shouldn't even be legal.

Oh and that Fates thing sounds absolutely horrible...if it's true. I'm not trusting a fan translation and someone on dumblr.
Hehehehe. Pizza with ramen as a topping. Large image in spoiler.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
It's really weird that Foleo's support is well-written yet Soleil's is kinda messy

FE:F is all over the place

Top Bottom