• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Ike has a giant sword.
At first I was worried but then I remembered Little Mac is used to taking a pounding from large partners opponents :secretkpop:

edit: page steal! I dedicate this page to Ike slash goodness.

Last edited:
Speed art pivot f-tilt/f-smash/grab is so ridiculous. Why do I never abuse this against anyone trying to land or tech? Like really. Lol.

I'm the same with Greninja's pivot grab I mean seriously that grab range is so good omg why don't I use it more often
This is my thought process with pivot options in general

Me: Maybe I should pivot....
Devil's advocate: But what if I get whacked while doing it?
Me: Maybe they won't react on time. Even if Shulk's f-tilt or f-smash are frame 10+, I'm still doing it a bit earlier and I doubt they'll see it coming anyway. Plus, I could mix it up
Devil's advocate: WHAT IF THEY JAB YOU?
Me: IDK

I'm always worried about getting hit during my pivots. Or getting grabbed. I feel like I might get interrupted. Truth be told, I'm actually never interrupted every time I do a pivot f-tilt/grab/f-smash but I only use those options like.... rarely. Lol

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
A lot of times I attempt a pivot I actually forget to go through my opponent first to catch them while they're shielding/spotdodging lol.

I remember spotdodging Greninja's standing grab during the early days. I was like, "HAH, missed--- wait what the ****" then I still got grabbed somehow despite dodging it.

Those moments when having bad frame data can actually be somewhat beneficial

Soul.

The only use I can see for Pivots on Pika is like, Pivot shield -> OoS BAir/NAir w/e; you can also Pivot up tilt if you want to laugh. Or Pivot fsmash.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I remember spotdodging Greninja's standing grab during the early days. I was like, "HAH, missed--- wait what the ****" then I still got grabbed somehow despite dodging it.

Those moments when having bad frame data can actually be somewhat beneficial
Same. Greninja's grab, Pac's grab, Villager's grab, Ike's Fmash, Ganondof's everything.
Early Sm4sh me was filled with much shame.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
The best part of this patch so far:
No :4falcon:'s on For Glory anymore! Now we get severely scrubby and broken :4feroy: every match instead! At least I know I'll win now.

The worst part of this patch:
Trying to master sweet bby Lucas is taking my Zelda time away from me. :crying:

I never fell for Ike's smash attacks. Ever. Those smash attacks are golden moments for counters

Although, I remember when I didn't know **** about Ganondorf's u-smash having almost no endling lag. Same went for Pacman with his grab that caught me every time I spot dodged it. Villager too. Lol

Those were good times

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I find myself literally running into Ike's charged F-Smash and Up-Smash far too often and every time it happens I do facepalm so strong it echoes through the house.

Dumb moments

I was against a Link (guess who). I manage to (miraculously) shield dash attack in time to avoid getting killed. FREE PUNISH.... Jabs the other way and hits absolutely nothing

I don't even know. Lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This is my thought process with pivot options in general

Me: Maybe I should pivot....
Devil's advocate: But what if I get whacked while doing it?
Me: Maybe they won't react on time. Even if Shulk's f-tilt or f-smash are frame 10+, I'm still doing it a bit earlier and I doubt they'll see it coming anyway. Plus, I could mix it up
Devil's advocate: WHAT IF THEY JAB YOU?
Me: IDK

I'm always worried about getting hit during my pivots. Or getting grabbed. I feel like I might get interrupted. Truth be told, I'm actually never interrupted every time I do a pivot f-tilt/grab/f-smash but I only use those options like.... rarely. Lol
Oh hey, it's not just me!

I actually use pivot grabs a ton and occasionally perfect pivot jab...but only ever retreating, never running past someone to do it.

...then again I play Rosalina so how often would I ever want to lol

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
gorls
Lucas' jab combo barely kills in sudden death. There was no squiggly red lines but it cleanly killed me.
Din's Fire sourspot does not. You fly like 10 feet when hit by it at 300%.

To reiterate; small boy's kick is more powerful than 90% of Zelda's fiery explosion.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Hey guys, how's it going?

Didn't get to play the new characters. Been way too busy and I left my 3DS back home. So I'll probably won't get to play the game for a while.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey guys, how's it going?

Didn't get to play the new characters. Been way too busy and I left my 3DS back home. So I'll probably won't get to play the game for a while.
If you can call that a game!

*cue Soul. salt*

this doesn't feel right

lavani/vanilla's avatar isn't a female. this thread should be on fire right now or something

edit: I have nothing to do right now :| oh my god this feels horrible

Last edited:
Don't play dumb, you never forget the glory of Luigi after you've been graced by his loving smile.
i never liked luigi i hope he remains in the shadows behind mario because hes brain dead ezpz mlg ****

Oh btw, I might continue using Zard just to see how good he is from this patch. I think I can finally beat my bro's Zelda or at least I have a chance! (This isn't saying much about my poor skill with Zard)
James was Lavas avatar just before this. Super bishie James.
I know James was his avatar (joked about it somewhere lol)

Top Bottom