• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Kristen Wiig was on the Tonight Show and they dressed her up as Daenerys Targaryen, whom she knows nothing about. I'm almost crying. This is amazing.

OMG. Mewtwo's grabs are faster than Falco's... WTF. Y'know, it might be better to just remove his freaking grab or make it slower than ZSS's!
Or you can switch to Fox and convert 50% damage off from a grab, jab, u-tilt, or n-air

In all seriousness, I've been loyal to the whole "F secondaries" mentality, but I still mess around with other characters for fun. Mario and Fox still feel good for me as always. Luigi is brain dead. Captain Falcon would be amazing but he's insanely atrocious when he's at a disadvantage. Then I went to Falco. Something charming about him. Like, he's factually worse than Fox. He's not bad. I still can't play Falco for my life but tbh, I don't play him right like almost all the time. I'm too grab happy with him.

Meanwhile with Shulk, I decided to bite on the decisive speed train. It's great. Good for those who are too lazy to master MALLC, MADC, or his arts in general. It's basically easy-mode Shulk. Same can be said for decisvie buster. As for dash vision, it's useful but I still am never ever going to use it because power vision exists. Lastly, I feel like mighty air slash is way too slept on. On a non-customs note: Shulk's back slash is hard to use for tech-chasing but yo, b-air's range is insane enough for tech chasing.

Edit:

If you want me to get to the point about Falco, I'll just let my brother play him. He's been playing Falco (as a secondary) since Melee so I wanna see his face when he plays as this fluke

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Zamus and Samus are the same person, yet play completely different. One of them is amazing, the other one is poopy poopy. Same with Shiek and Zelda.

Smash Bros is the only game where two versions of the same person play completely different, and then all of a sudden you have different people in Lucina and Marth with the same moveset.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh, are you still up for it? I was playing a ladder match.
Won't be able to fight now, sorry!

Gorls, I also made a Zelderly Mii to be my Mii Swordfighter, get hyppppe~ OvO

inb4 I main two Zeldas now. :^)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
lol Vex was showing custom Shulk at the end of his stream and Extreme Smash Power Vision 0-deaths countering a jab

Meanwhile, I'm toying around with :4greninja:'s Stagnant Shuriken and I'm starting to feel 2111 would be my preferred set for custom frog. I don't know why I dismissed this move so early, it's huge, stops approaches, combos into kill moves, covers ledge options, clanks projectiles but doesn't vanish itself when clanked...I'm sure you can probably do something disgusting with it offstage placing it below the ledge too. It might mean giving up his projectile game, but shurikens are pretty laggy and low damage anyway. Though it'd probably be a MU dependent thing more than anything.

Won't be able to fight now, sorry!

Gorls, I also made a Zelderly Mii to be my Mii Swordfighter, get hyppppe~ OvO

inb4 I main two Zeldas now. :^)
But which one is worse? :^)

Zamus and Samus are the same person, yet play completely different. One of them is amazing, the other one is poopy poopy. Same with Shiek and Zelda.

Smash Bros is the only game where two versions of the same person play completely different, and then all of a sudden you have different people in Lucina and Marth with the same moveset.
Well, this is the same guy who thought Zelda's design was flawless since Melee.

On the note about Marcina, have you tried Lucina's f-smash yet?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco just became laggy overall. I still cry about dair.
His grab is the slowest it has been with Brawl being a little ridiculous, frame 6-7, and Melee being the perfect sweet-spot in my opinion, frame 7-8. Now, we're talking about a frame 8-9 grab that's slower than Mewtwo's psychic grab. His fast grab in Brawl wasn't the reason he could chaingrab, but it did help. Chaingrabs are gone, but it was not necessary to give him that slow of a grab along with sharing Fox's grab hitboxes. The thing is that it just doesn't fit the animation and this goes the same for Ganondorf. By being slower, their dash and pivot grabs are also weaker than Fox and Captain Falcon's. If they had range that matched their hands, it would be less painful than when you grab and their hands just phase through. I already complained about his double startup on his dash attack, Dair is just way too slow for a slow moving character and it's much more telegraphed than Captain Falcon and Ganondorf's, and the 1 frame of startup added to his Side Smash is just stupid. It was already slow in Brawl. I can't test end lag or IASA reliably, but it's probably not that good.

shofu's recent video with Falco just made a point about how all the melee-orientated characters are fast in some ways. Marth's ground speed is fast, air speed is decent, and he's fairly fast hitter for a swordsman, Ike's air speed is insane when you consider what type of swordsman he is, he has several quick and powerful moves like Jab, Bair, and Down Smash, Sonic is fast on the ground, fast in attacking, and fairly fast vertically, and even Greninja has fast air speed, vertical movement, and ground speed. Falco only has fast attack speed and vertical movement. Everything else, landing lag, end lag, ground speed, and air speed are all average if not slow for a character dependent on fighting up close since his projectile game is probably worst than Charizard, Triple D, Bowser, and Zelda's. Kirby's Upper Cutter is probably a better projectile considering it's somewhat safe up close not to mention he is a living projectile with Stone.

Of the current Star Fox characters that were in Smash, Falco is the slowest overall. Fox is fast on the ground, Wolf is fast in the air, and Falco can jump... All three are fast hitters where Fox can hit and run, Wolf can hit and drift away in the air, and Falco... Falco sinks to the ground and hopes he did enough hit stun to not get punished. His only saving grace was wavedashing in Melee which made up for his ground speed and laser spam in Brawl which meant he could just camp.

Last edited:
His frame data would be tolerable if his range was longer but Mii sword's range is garbage compared to other sword-characters

So I'll continue crying in the corner

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I JUST KILLED SOMEONE ON FOR GLORY WITH BACKSLASH

FOR GLORY PLEASEE

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Meanwhile, I'm toying around with :4greninja:'s Stagnant Shuriken and I'm starting to feel 2111 would be my preferred set for custom frog. I don't know why I dismissed this move so early, it's huge, stops approaches, combos into kill moves, covers ledge options, clanks projectiles but doesn't vanish itself when clanked...I'm sure you can probably do something disgusting with it offstage placing it below the ledge too. It might mean giving up his projectile game, but shurikens are pretty laggy and low damage anyway. Though it'd probably be a MU dependent thing more than anything.
I can see Stagnant being useful in MUs where throwing projectiles isn't a very good idea like Fox, Mario, Pit, etc. I tried experimenting with it but I couldn't really find much good with it.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Well, this is the same guy who thought Zelda's design was flawless since Melee.

On the note about Marcina, have you tried Lucina's f-smash yet?
I did try Lucina's new F-smash. It's much scarier now, but they still blow imo. The Marthcina didn't have so much end lag to their moves until now, even their D-tilts make me feel like I've been cheated and would rather play Roy (not the Koopaling).

Also, who do you refer to when you say "this guy?" Cause Zelda imo has been flawed since Melee.

His only saving grace was wavedashing in Melee which made up for his ground speed and laser spam in Brawl which meant he could just camp.
Can't forget about shine either. Pew Pew while approaching -> Shine and start the pillar combos.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Apparently Falcon Kick Fury has roughly eighty ****tillion windboxes

good to know you'll just randomly die if you try to trade with it I guess

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Can't forget about shine either. Pew Pew while approaching -> Shine and start the pillar combos.
Melee Blaster's auto-cancel would have been fine in SSB4 since Falco has nothing in this game to exploit. It would be more like Villager's slingshot, but unable to kill and unable to abuse decent air speed. Shorten the range and it wouldn't be as annoying, especially compared to Brawl Falco's Blaster.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Ahh... windboxes. A lot of moves apparently have windboxes for no apparent reason.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

maybe it's one of those weird multihit move things

like with Peach Parasol or Piston Punch or something

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
On other news I'm slowly starting to warm up to Greninja's purple color.

It's maybe the only other alt other than black that I'm willing to use.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I wish I could send sakurai a 10 min video of phantom slash missing point blank. Apparently it was op and needed to be nerfed since he made it stay out longer and takes longer to respawn when destroyed. Sakurai, be honest buddy... How drunk was you when coding Zelda?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I wish I could send sakurai a 10 min video of phantom slash missing point blank. Apparently it was op and needed to be nerfed since he made it stay out longer and takes longer to respawn when destroyed. Sakurai, be honest buddy... How drunk was you when coding Zelda?
honestly it stay out longer is more of a buff, it really is best at body blocking things and with the moves end lag you wont be spamming it

Top Bottom