• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Someone please go to this site's suggestion thread and request the Squidboards features (no, not the site as a theme). On/off thing and alerts always on top of the page.
I mentioned it as soon as I joined, in the Squidboards Suggestion thread

Last edited:

Soul.

A huge part of me thinks everyone will move to SquidWhatever and I'll be forced to go there; a split between Smashboards and Squidboards will happen and I'll be here, waiting for my inevitable departure from this website.

/truth

No one's abandoning Smashboards when we all are too obsessed with Smash @ Soul. Soul.

We're all competitive to an extent so we're never leaving this place. However for Splatoon stuff, Squidboards edition will probably be used. Only reason why it's more active is because it's new but don't worry. This place will never die ;) :)

Smashboards (Users viewing: 4)

Squidboards (Users viewing: 8)

Eh. We'll all come to Smashboards in a while. Wait first

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 Dude, what are Megaman's bad MUs, in your opinion, or the opinion of YOUR PEOPLE? I'm curious about it.
All vanilla/customs off pre-patch. Questions welcome.

In the peoples opinion (I think... not actually sure... so I'll just plop down ones that I've heard non-annoying people complain about in no order):
:4falcon::4darkpit::4diddy::4fox::4lucario::4mario::4olimar::4pacman::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4sheik::4tlink::4wario::4yoshi:

In some opinions:
:4sheik::4falcon:

In my opinion (ordered worst to not bad):
:4sheik::4marth::4lucina::4wario::4yoshi::4diddy::4pit::4darkpit:
Possible bad MU's that need more exploration: :4myfriends::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: (lol idk for all 5, but on paper they all struggle):4dk::4link:(although much less of a threat with 1.0.6 jab1 nerf):4shulk:(Shulk's meta is growing much faster than Mega's and I think he's becoming much more of an issue; @ Berserker. Berserker. @berserker00 would like your thoughts on this at some point):4pikachu:(I don't know much about the MU other than Pika struggles to get a kill and QA is more annoying than spindashes) :4metaknight:.

I used to think :4littlemac: was a problem, but I've been playing a good one offline recently and it seems much more even. Also, recent development in the Falcon MU has made it a lot more even to the point where I think it is even; Mega Man has to utilize some unconventional stuff though. Marcina might be even, but I find myself outspaced and uncomfortable more often than not against them due to their high walk speed, range+frame data, and better air-air. It's a MU I think an aggressive Mega will do better at than a defensive Mega, which is why it's on my list and not others. Pits might also be even, but their DA does very well as a zone breaker being disjointed and quick allowing for more respect in neutral which leads to grab combos. Wario's airspeed + command grab is pretty difficult to deal with. Nobody really understands the MU outside of SH metal blade beats bike, so MU unfamiliarity is a factor. Yoshi is a pain because of the airspeed, survivability, and ability to match Mega in a camping game, but it's not a terrible MU. Sheik is probably the toughest because she can legitimately outcamp Mega while doing all her other combo stuff, but I haven't felt like it's unwinnable because of how hard she has to commit to get kills and utilt is a thing. And I added Diddy because his damage output pre-patch was just dumb in addition to his kill setups. Was close to even, but still Diddy pre-patch. I think it's on Mega's favor post-patch (but not by too much).

As for Loki's top 15,

Beat::4luigi::4ness::4zss::4sonic:
Even: :4falcon::4megaman::4mario:?:4greninja:?:4fox::4diddy:
Lose: :4sheik::4pikachu:?
idk: :4peach::4metaknight:

So, I'm on squidboards... but I can't post or do anything. Insufficient privilege stuff. Halp?

Last edited:
All vanilla/customs off pre-patch. Questions welcome.

In the peoples opinion (I think... not actually sure... so I'll just plop down ones that I've heard non-annoying people complain about in no order):
:4falcon::4darkpit::4diddy::4fox::4lucario::4mario::4olimar::4pacman::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4sheik::4tlink::4wario::4yoshi:

In some opinions:
:4sheik::4falcon:

In my opinion (ordered worst to not bad):
:4sheik::4marth::4lucina::4wario::4yoshi::4diddy::4pit::4darkpit:
Possible bad MU's that need more exploration: :4myfriends::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: (lol idk for all 5, but on paper they all struggle):4dk::4link:(although much less of a threat with 1.0.6 jab1 nerf):4shulk:(Shulk's meta is growing much faster than Mega's and I think he's becoming much more of an issue; @ Berserker. Berserker. @berserker00 would like your thoughts on this at some point):4pikachu:(I don't know much about the MU other than Pika struggles to get a kill and QA is more annoying than spindashes) :4metaknight:.

I used to think :4littlemac: was a problem, but I've been playing a good one offline recently and it seems much more even. Also, recent development in the Falcon MU has made it a lot more even to the point where I think it is even; Mega Man has to utilize some unconventional stuff though. Marcina might be even, but I find myself outspaced and uncomfortable more often than not against them due to their high walk speed, range+frame data, and better air-air. It's a MU I think an aggressive Mega will do better at than a defensive Mega, which is why it's on my list and not others. Pits might also be even, but their DA does very well as a zone breaker being disjointed and quick allowing for more respect in neutral which leads to grab combos. Wario's airspeed + command grab is pretty difficult to deal with. Nobody really understands the MU outside of SH metal blade beats bike, so MU unfamiliarity is a factor. Yoshi is a pain because of the airspeed, survivability, and ability to match Mega in a camping game, but it's not a terrible MU. Sheik is probably the toughest because she can legitimately outcamp Mega while doing all her other combo stuff, but I haven't felt like it's unwinnable because of how hard she has to commit to get kills and utilt is a thing. And I added Diddy because his damage output pre-patch was just dumb in addition to his kill setups. Was close to even, but still Diddy pre-patch. I think it's on Mega's favor post-patch (but not by too much).

As for Loki's top 15,

Beat::4luigi::4ness::4zss::4sonic:
Even: :4falcon::4megaman::4mario:?:4greninja:?:4fox::4diddy:
Lose: :4sheik::4pikachu:?
idk: :4peach::4metaknight:

So, I'm on squidboards... but I can't post or do anything. Insufficient privilege stuff. Halp?
Lemon salesman aren't allowed, my romantic thief-friend :smirk:

Srs note: Not sure.... Link your account to your SB account

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A huge part of me thinks everyone will move to SquidWhatever and I'll be forced to go there; a split between Smashboards and Squidboards will happen and I'll be here, waiting for my inevitable departure from this website.

/truth
Make an account called Soul so you don't have to have the "." anymore. :p

Regardless, I'm still a homeless Falco mod. :p

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Lemon salesman aren't allowed, my romantic thief-friend :smirk:

Srs note: Not sure.... Link your account to your SB account
I will steal your clothes and pretend to be you. And then go around pew pew pew'ing on squidboards.

It might be because I made the account first and then linked it.

I drank some lemon mix at one point

It was ridiculously sour. Like, WHOA. Also, ZeRo exploiting the hell out of hyper buster and hyper smash lol

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I still don't see what all the fuss is about splatoon though, it just looks like a new game. Seems mostly hype to me, but like, what's so awesome about it?

Saw that. Gotta love the kill throw fishing at 60%.
It's funny. Hyper arts changes your mentality. You don't give a **** if you have the lead or if you're down by 50%. Hyper smash will take it no matter what

Still iffs on customs but like I said, I can't deny that it's hilarious to watch at times (and fun too)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
It's funny. Hyper arts changes your mentality. You don't give a **** if you have the lead or if you're down by 50%. Hyper smash will take it no matter what

Still iffs on customs but like I said, I can't deny that it's hilarious to watch at times (and fun too)
I just wish customs were toned down. Even if they are balanced due to drawbacks, the game is a lot more volatile which I'm not a fan of.

I like customs... But those #adapt customs just make me feel bad when I use them or get beat by them. They are definitely hilarious though. Like seeing dthrow>nair>uair 0-death by Sakutuna makes me laugh. But in a competition, I'd just feel bad.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I agree
Some customs are in need of a buff/nerf
Meteor Stone doesn't need to spike so hard at 0, for example
Don't you just die if Meteor Stone misses though?

Or am I missing something about the move

Ganon's dair can basically kill you at 0% on a spike too so whatevs

Soul.

Customs lol.
I still don't see what all the fuss is about splatoon though, it just looks like a new game. Seems mostly hype to me, but like, what's so awesome about it?
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't get it. Perhaps it's because the game is a shooting thing?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Don't you just die if Meteor Stone misses though?

Or am I missing something about the move

Ganon's dair can basically kill you at 0% on a spike too so whatevs
nah if you're high up you can cancel in time
if you do it off the ledge then RIP

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Squidboards is quite clean and runs smooth like a brand new PC. :laugh:

I don't think I'll make an account there, as I don't have a Wii U. A couple of Squirdward or Ika Musume references might get me to join though. :estatic:

:231:

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Warning Received
**** CHALLENGES
**** RIVAL SMASH
**** JIGGLYPUFF
**** MIIS

**** FOOTSTOOLING
**** SMART BOMBS
**** ATTACKS HITTING ME FROM UNDER THE STAGE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by a moderator:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Squidboards is quite clean and runs smooth like a brand new PC. :laugh:

I don't think I'll make an account there, as I don't have a Wii U. A couple of Squirdward or Ika Musume references might get me to join though. :estatic:

:231:
We've already created a Zelda Social outlet at Squidboards though, isn't that reason enough?

Top Bottom