• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
That actually seems to be a decent combination. I always use the B-Dasher (isn't that the MK DS standard kart? I forget) with the slick/cyber slick tires with my light blue Shy Guy. I win almost every time. But yeah, as they said, don't use bikes. I loved them in MKWii but not MK8.
I always pick the retro kart whenever I can. It's just MK64 nostalgia, with the crappy shortcuts and the overpowered rubberband lol.

In MK7 I also pick Queen Bee for the lulz, I wish they had brought her back.

In MKWii I think the best bike was the Mach Bike. At least for the middle weight, otherwise it probably was that Bowserone for the fatasses.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh my god. I'm at the yournament and I forgot my wallet at home.
At least you didn't leave the faucet running... right? Please tell me you did shut it off and you're not wasting water!

Last edited:

Soul.

I still remember how overpoweredly broken Dry Bones's vehicles were in Mario Kart DS. Especially the Dry Bomber, good god. Just spam drift and you'll be miles ahead.
Snaking was the ****.
Unrelated: I used Yoshi in MK since like, MKWii. Decided to make fun of the competitive **** and go Funky. Then on MK7 (its scene is still a thing, especially with custom tracks coming), I used Yoshi too. Went Metal Mario for no reason. MK8 lol.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Snaking was the ****.
Unrelated: I used Yoshi in MK since like, MKWii. Decided to make fun of the competitive **** and go Funky. Then on MK7 (its scene is still a thing, especially with custom tracks coming), I used Yoshi too. Went Metal Mario for no reason. MK8 lol.
I now remember the sound of Funky Kong going "OH NONONONONONO!" during a boost.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
This reminds me of something extremely random.

Hey, boys and girls, do you like snakes? Snakes are cool, huh? Well, how about an ancient snake that lived 60 million years ago and could grow up to a size of about 42 feet?

Say hi to Titanoboa, kiddies.

Yes, that is a crocodile-like animal it's eating. Fun stuff.
Let's ruin whales for them, too.

Think it's some sort of marine reptile? Think again. This is what a whale looked like 40 million years ago. Oh, and this one was completely dwarfed and preyed upon by its relative, the Basilosaurus. So named because scientists thought they found a sea serpent when they stumbled upon its remains.

And then evolution screwed them over.

Soul.

Not really, I've never played MK8 before.
I'll make it simple for you:
MK8 bikes can not wheelie 24/7. You only wheelie when you use a Mushroom or run through the boost pad. Wheeling was the reason why bikes were used in competitive MKWii.
Karts in MK8 have fire hopping which is dumb af but what can you do about it. The moment you get a mini-turbo, you hop with the drift button and get a small boost in speed. This is why karts are used in both TTs and lol clan wars.

Last edited:

Spirst

Let's ruin whales for them, too.

Think it's some sort of marine reptile? Think again. This is what a whale looked like 40 million years ago. Oh, and this one was completely dwarfed and preyed upon by its relative, the Basilosaurus. So named because scientists thought they found a sea serpent when they stumbled upon its remains.

And then evolution screwed them over.
Basilosaurus was so cool. Terrifying, but cool.

Why not add in dragonflies too? I know how some people are icky with insects so now seems as good a time as any to introduce Meganeura, a dragonfly with a wingspan of about 2 feet and lived about 300 million years ago.

Yay bugs!

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie

Why not add in dragonflies too? I know how some people are icky with insects so now seems as good a time as any to introduce Meganeura, a dragonfly with a wingspan of about 2 feet and lived about 300 million years ago.

Yay bugs!

please no

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Played in an online tournament today.

Got 7th/69.

Summary:
-Beat a Mario
-Beat a Jigglypuff
-Beat a Luigi/Little Mac
-Lost to Ven in Zelda dittos
-Beat a Pikachu
-Lost to a Luigi

Fighting Luigi in lag is not fun. He got to juggle me around for 65% or so one time because of input lag <_<

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I have yet to play MK8 much because Smash. Once I finish unlocking customs I should be able to spend more time with i- oh wait :4mewtwo:

Soul.

Yay bugs!

hmm

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Every time I enter a new Sm4sh stream and think "Hey, maybe this chat will actually have people that know what they're talking about" I'm reminded that, no, no it will not and never will.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
That was totally worth it
I have yet to play MK8 much because Smash. Once I finish unlocking customs I should be able to spend more time with i- oh wait :4mewtwo:
I know that feel
I haven't touched any other games in weeks, because of Smash

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'll make it simple for you:
MK8 bikes can not wheelie 24/7. You only wheelie when you use a Mushroom or run through the boost pad. Wheeling was the reason why bikes were used in competitive MKWii.
Karts in MK8 have fire hopping which is dumb af but what can you do about it. The moment you get a mini-turbo, you hop with the drift button and get a small boost in speed. This is why karts are used in both TTs and lol clan wars.
you don't get a boost in speed you keep your boosted momentum for longer, It's kinda like momentum throttling in Fzero gx just way easier to manage. Drafting however is actually stupid AF because there is so little limit to it
not nearly as broken as the snake, I just wish there was some sort of tech to make up for the lower speed karts, RIP tight drifting karts in DS and anyone who wasn't bowser
but i'm bad at video games
i'm just the guy that figures out how stuff works and likes numbers

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Yay bugs!

What about giant ****ing sea scorpions, guys? Here's an estimate of Megalograptus, one of the biggest sea scorpions (or whatever the**** they actually were) to inhabit the waters.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Yay bugs!

I think it's time for the six-foot long millipedes!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Lol someone brings up Zelda alts tier ranking again. That discussion probably is what destroyed the BJN x SBphiloz ship for good. :secretkpop:

I think it's time for the six-foot long millipedes!

I remember that the super sized dragonflies are extinct (Due to not enough oxygen in the air to support their life iirc.) but do the mega millipedes still exist?

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Lol someone brings up Zelda alts tier ranking again. That discussion probably is what destroyed the BJN x SBphiloz ship for good. :secretkpop:

I remember that the super sized dragonflies are extinct (Due to not enough oxygen in the air to support their life iirc.) but do the mega millipedes still exist?

Nah.

We only have these now...

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Nah they died off along with the other mega-sized insects of the time.

I'd be contemplating whether or not life was really worth it if six-foot long millipedes were still alive today.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Nah they died off along with the other mega-sized insects of the time.

I'd be contemplating whether or not life was really worth it if six-foot long millipedes were still alive today.
Yeah man I'm ****ing glad none of these things are alive today.

Although, well, we do have coconut crabs...

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
... How far in Mexico do those things live? Because I basically live on the border...

Uhhhh wtf?

Top Bottom