• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda shown twice in new video

Drake3

Smash Ace
Credited goes to Pug on gamefaqs I think?

http://topicscollector.blog55.fc2.com/blog-entry-2815.html

Zelda is shown in 2 fights. The first fight is very laggy but shows off some attacks including Din's Fire and Farore's Wind. The SECOND fight, Zelda is a ****ing beast. She just destroys Pika using UpSmash(?) before sending several incredibly fast volleys of Fire. Her jumps look very high and nice.

And god****it she was going to get the Smash Ball before Ike managed to snag it and molest all 3 of them.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, the Usmash had SERIOUS horizontal range. However, it'll still be useless unless it's not DIable :(

Utilt also did 11(?) damage and uair 16 damage in the video. I'll add the proper references to my thread during more stable forum hours.

-It appears that utilt hit Ike at the same time a Pika Thunder Jolt did. So the damage isn't 17, sadly.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I'm going to slowly break it apart and list the observations that I think can be made:

-Whoever said Din's Fire has been nerfed was an idiot. It still does 10% damage but as a trade-off has better aiming capabilities (note how quickly it starts going up) and much greater speed. I would say it also has a greater AoE seeing as how it wasn't that close to Pika when she set it off.
-Farore's Wind, I'm assuming since that video was laggy, traded some distance for speed. In comparison to the general lag of Din's Fire, her start-up time significantly decreased. Of course I can't prove anything until we see it in normal speed, but it does look faster.
-Ftilt-Utilt are still beastly and Ftilt appears to have greater range as she lunges forward
-USmash grabbed Pikachu from beside her, dragged him above her, and continued to shock the crap out of him for a good while there (12%)
-DashA seems to have taken Mewtwo's purple effect (13% damage)
-UAir may have changed (aethetically anyway..)(16%)
-The kick did not make contact at any time unfortunately

It's actually been a while since I've played Melee (a few months) so I'm not entirely sure how much has changed. These were just the things that stood out. Like Din's Fire for sure didn't do stuff like that. Note: Zelda's beautiful scream of death is back and better.

Aaaaand the FE music was made of awesome.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Yes finally we get some more footage of Zelda in action. To bad everytime she tried to lightning kick it didn't hit perfectly. Though man, her Usmash freaking sucked in Pikachu and did some damage now let's hope it's not easy to escape from. She seems way faster but it's funny how she ran straight into Yoshi's hammer into the laser then back to the hammer and died. Plus her scream sounds even more death defying at least it seems that way.

Btw don't know if you guys/gals seen this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caWJR4nBp_4 it shows like a tiny (and I mean tiny) glimpse of Zelda in the SSE and I think it confirms that waving or whatever is a taunt O_o (at 16 seconds).

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet
When I watched this video... I think the inner me just cried a a fountain of tears out of joy~

To be on the serious side, the 2nd part with Zelda in the Castle Siege field, she was kicking some serious butt at the beginning!

That USmash at the beginning of it was just awesome (Praying to the Lord that it'll be just as inescapable as it looks. There better be no DI-ing out of that mother of a bug zapper!) and like many people have said, it looks to have very large Horizontal range potential. Pikachu, by the way, was in Zelda's USmash for about 2.5-3 seconds getting zapped. :o

The fast, FAST, Din's Fire usage. Instead of the fire ball igniting after her "detonating" animation, it seems like it ignites almost right after she STARTS that animation. Definitely a lot easier to time and maneuver into hitting people.

This video honestly ignited my faith in Zelda being a better character for this game~ I'm praying real hard for it to be true! Now it's time for bed... whew. *Dies from excitement*

On a random note... does anyone notice the music goes with Ike's Movements when he's doing his Final Smash? Kind of a weird, but funny thing I noticed. And darn it! Zelda was so close to getting it... ; ; so, so close!

By Drake3
Aaaaand the FE music was made of awesome.
Yes~! <3

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
w00t (Word of the Year here people)! Zelda gameplay! Her Usmash looks much better, but I seems to last TOO long so it might be easily interrupted?
And we were THIS close to seeing her FS in action >_<

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
w00t (Word of the Year here people)! Zelda gameplay! Her Usmash looks much better, but I seems to last TOO long so it might be easily interrupted?
It was the hit lag of the attack. Usmash has 10ish hits in it, and each one caused hit lag so it greatly slowed down the entire attack. I'm really hoping that's not in the final build.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace

I got this from gametrailers.... LOTS of new videos shown
Any videos with Zelda? In particular performing any other techniques that we can analyse?

EDIT: Would it be safe to assume that Zelda is performing a taunt there? Although it looks similar to her utilt and usmashes, or as far as i know.

Arean

Smash Ace
in that certain video.. slideshows were only shown. The other video where zelda was shown was a "gasp" scene in SSE... and it looks like she broke her pinky again... also on the hyrule temple stage update on the dojo... zelda's pose is a taunt which screams "save me!"

Edit:
And yes... thats a taunt...

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
in that certain video.. slideshows were only shown. The other video where zelda was shown was a "gasp" scene in SSE... and it looks like she broke her pinky again... also on the hyrule temple stage update on the dojo... zelda's pose is a taunt which screams "save me!"

Edit:
And yes... thats a taunt...
So three taunts comfirmed (to my knowledge at least) -

1. The melee fire victory dance-esque taunt
2. The one shown in the image Arean posted.
3. The 'Help me!' taunt (i like it for some reason :p)
4. Assuming this will be the 'prayer for the dead', but to my knowledge i havent seen it yet.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I'm liking what I see. Zelda really looks to be buffed now.

Zelda's *** seems to be considerably larger in Brawl also xD
I also sort of like the " save me!" style taunt. I suppose we need something to relate back to the cliche princess role we usually see her fill in the Zelda series.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
Looks like her jumping speed has increased a bit, she's still kinda slow in air though.
But her Usmash was incredible, looked really fancy! :D:D:D

yuthe

Smash Rookie
Is it me, or did her neutral A also get buffed? It seemed to hold ppl for a longer amount of time.

Iris

Smash Ace
Her ftilt did a good 14% to MK and neutral A did 6%. Her speed looks pretty unimpressive again, though the start-up time on her push isn't bad. She seems to fall even slower this time too. I think an unsweetspotted kick may have hit Zamus for 4%. Sounds like they're punishing those who use it too much by making it suck when it misses. Though it may also imply that sweetspotted deals even bigger damage. Farore speed on the ground looks about the same, but it looks pretty fast in the air.

Is it just me or does she seem to dissapear for an instance in the first fight, as soon as it begins? It looked like she was about to cast Din's and just dissapeared. Up smash looks beastly, thought the time it takes probably means it's better in 1v1 or with a bunch of people caught in it. I think it did about 15% though. UAir seems to have some good damage on it, 16%? Din's Fire damage did about 10%, so I guess it just builds based on the distance. I wonder how strong it'll get when it reaches maximum distance. I believe up tilt may have been slowed down even more. I have a feeling that Zelda's attacks will have more punch this time around though.

Seems also like she's been given a whole lot of new vocals into a lot of her moves. As far as I can tell, Din's Fire and usmash don't have voices anymore, but her push seems to, and I think her jump did too.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Ok so I'm not entirely sure what to think. I now know that at the beginning of the Fire Emblem stage, Zelda used Farore's Wind to teleport from beside Ike to where she used USmash. What I can't tell is that if the lag has been decreased by a significant amount. I think it has. She started the attack very quickly upon landing. I need someone else's opinion.

And Iris, I think the deal with Din's Fire is that the damage dealt depends on where the fire detonates. This is just speculation, but it makes more sense I think. Pikachu got hit by the aftershock of the explosion and he got 10%. Mario got the full blast and therefore got 17%.

I love that fight scene.

Iris

Smash Ace
Mario was also hit by thunderjolt at the time. I think the damage was about the same.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Some things of note for Farore's Wind from the video:

- in Melee, when Zelda used Farore's Wind in midair while she still had her second jump available, she would kind of "hover" while she did the pre-teleportation animation. If you watch the second part of the Halberd fight, you'll see Zelda do Farore's Wind straight up into the air, then falls down - and thus has no double jump until she next lands. Before she lands though, Metaknight smacks her around a bit, and she's sent flying again before she can touch the ground. While tumbling, she uses Farore again in midair: she does the same "hovering" thing from Melee, but without having a second jump available.

- at the very beginning of the first Castle Siege section, Zelda teleports over the left side of the stage, while the other characters remain on the right for a moment. Whenever she reappears infront of the left statue, the thing vibrates a bit as though it was hit. Damage at her end point, anyone?

Please just brush me aside if these things have long been discussed/confirmed: I've been avoiding the internet for fear of SSE spoilers ;).

Too bad her wiffed Lightning Kick has been nerfed damage-wise, especially since it seems to be harder to get a good one in (the only Lightning Kick I've seen properly connect in any video is when she kicks the Castle Siege statue in this video.)

NOTE: OMG... Two hours of lag to post this **** thing...

Top Bottom