• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Shield Pressure

soap

Smash Hero
just wondering what are some effective ways to pressure shields with zelda, it seems like even strong kicks can be aerialed out of before the second one comes out. ive been sticking to low bair to fsmash. then doing something tricky.

just being able to trap them in shield is so hard with zelda cuz shes so fawking slow, i hate to let them out so easily.

if anyone has shieldstun data on the kicks that would be clutch.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
There aren't that many people that can trap people in shields... it's pretty much just Fox.

Kicks are twenty damage, right?

It should be eleven frames of shieldstun.

soap

Smash Hero
whats the formula (x/2) + 1?

and i wasnt asking for pressure as in there is no way out at all, but more like shield trapping methods.

with sheik i just hit a shield then just start acting goofy, walk around and wait for a roll, then boost grab it, so my pressure is doing nothing kinda, but zelda is too slow to chase rolls like sheik so i have to catch them before they get away.

this question is probably too situational i think, ill just keep randomly calling jumps with kicks and whatnot... fuking zelda

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's (4.45+damage)/2.235, according to Scotu.

Zelda's not really fast enough to follow rolls, though.

Zone

Smash Champion
Zelda and shield pressure almost doesn't exist. F-smash, or jab, sometimes I think f-tilt has some nice shield stun enough so you don't get punished. Sadly Zelda's *pressure* choices aren't really there for pressure, it's there to get the hell away before they punish zelda's slowness.

Yea most tech rolls get out of her reach. Seems only edges, and if they roll toward you, and assuming their roll is small is the only way you'll ever tech chase.

Or I guess also if you predict they'll miss their tech.

Sadly your just gonna have to make do with your 2-3 hits you got in and jet. I've had plenty of experiences getting 2 f-smashes in a row w/o pple letting go of their shield. I'm never someone fighting zelda so I wouldn't know if it's hard for them to punish between those. But if I get 2 of them in a row, you can sometimes Shield poke with down-tilt, which depending on % can lead to another move.

soap

Smash Hero
Zelda and shield pressure almost doesn't exist. F-smash, or jab, sometimes I think f-tilt has some nice shield stun enough so you don't get punished. Sadly Zelda's *pressure* choices aren't really there for pressure, it's there to get the hell away before they punish zelda's slowness.

Yea most tech rolls get out of her reach. Seems only edges, and if they roll toward you, and assuming their roll is small is the only way you'll ever tech chase.

Or I guess also if you predict they'll miss their tech.

Sadly your just gonna have to make do with your 2-3 hits you got in and jet. I've had plenty of experiences getting 2 f-smashes in a row w/o pple letting go of their shield. I'm never someone fighting zelda so I wouldn't know if it's hard for them to punish between those. But if I get 2 of them in a row, you can sometimes Shield poke with down-tilt, which depending on % can lead to another move.
very informative, and sorta depressing

TheLake

Smash Master
There are very few things cooler than running up, jabbing a shield, running away then looking forward then running back to bair them in the face.

Pressuring with kick to downsmash is one of the only legit "AHH GO AWAY GO AWAY" tactics el gorgoues has to offer cause it hits lower on the sheild...but F smash is groovy cause the hit box is relativly decent and pushes you back (or them back) a bit so you dont get severly punished.

But my favorite is Kick to love or kick to wind. Flashy pressure is better than no pressure at all (:

Impp

Smash Ace
There's also, neutral A, land behind them, and Up Smash. Or... more risky, Kick they're sheild, then neutral a, land behind them, and upsmash.
The best is, sheild poking with the neutral a, to kick, though.

^ I gotta try kick to wind... it sounds amazing.

soap

Smash Hero
i actually broke a shield in a teams match with zelda, it took something like 4 kicks on a light shield, iono why bigc was lightshielding.

Zone

Smash Champion
I just did the hawtess pseudo combo on falco EVER!!! However it was not recording.

Forward tilt (missed tech) --> Jab (force falco to stand) --> Grab --> upthrow--> waveland(tech chase) --> Grab --> Upthrow --> Nair --> edge platform canceled Nair --> L-canceled up tilt (Landing on the lower platform on the opposite side.) --> Kick.

I'm so upset that I wasn't recording when it happened. Probably will never happen again.

EDIT: was on FoD.

Zone

Smash Champion
im surprised zelda can waveland grab in time being so slow and all
one time I screwed up my waveland to go for the grab, and falco was able to spot dodge in time. But Zelda's grab is so slow. Even though I hit grab right when he spot dodged, I still grabbed him when it was over cuz the grab finally started taking effect >.>

TheLake

Smash Master
I actually really like her platform grab

Cause like zone said its just so slow and epic

oh Double nairing to uptilt is quite possibly one of the sweetest things ive ever heard

If i ever do a combo like that ill be like "Well im in the ZONE" ^_^ its the least i can do

Zone

Smash Champion
I actually really like her platform grab

Cause like zone said its just so slow and epic

oh Double nairing to uptilt is quite possibly one of the sweetest things ive ever heard

If i ever do a combo like that ill be like "Well im in the ZONE" ^_^ its the least i can do
If I had 3 arms. I'd give you 3 thumbs up

soap

Smash Hero
Did u guys know u could connect even fox with a rising double jump kick? so u could short hop kick double jump kick, fastfall kick for the hat trick

Zone

Smash Champion
i was clearly referring to doing it on a shield this being the zelda shield pressure thread and all
Talking about nailing 3 kicks out before hitting the ground? Spacing has to be really good, not to mention fox can drop his shield and roll away between kicks, if your spaced that's probably what he'd do. If your not spaced he could just do gay stuff out of shield and ****.

Also if they don't light shield. and their shield is getting small. Downtilt shield poke!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Dunno... I only ever try for shieldstabs with Ness... with everyone else I try to break their shield. It's a terrible habit =(

Oh, and I guess rising through platforms with Marth's nair.

soap

Smash Hero
Talking about nailing 3 kicks out before hitting the ground? Spacing has to be really good, not to mention fox can drop his shield and roll away between kicks, if your spaced that's probably what he'd do. If your not spaced he could just do gay stuff out of shield and ****.

Also if they don't light shield. and their shield is getting small. Downtilt shield poke!
u could roll out of almost everything, but many people dont roll and try to always jump out and counterattack so this seems pretty good.

note: use the control stick jump cstick combo for that double jump riser

Top Bottom