• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda: crouching attack.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
HAve you every played mortal combat.
you know that guy that just sits there spamming down-A, Shinkicks!!!

Thats me lol! j/k

Zelda's down-A is just as annoying tho... I usually kick 8 times or so then finish with a tilt.
A nice cheap way to start a DENs FIRE chain... lol ahahah so Broken!

Q: If you do this too what attack do you normally follow up with?
after spamming down-A.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
why don't people DI out, and smash you in the face?
sounds like your competition may be lacking..
DUH!
Well even super good people i get 3+ hits in.
I love when it lags!!!
aha DI now you laggy SOB!

EDIT:: im tired ignore poast!

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
HAve you every played mortal combat.
you know that guy that just sits there spamming down-A, Shinkicks!!!

Thats me lol! j/k

Zelda's down-A is just as annoying tho... I usually kick 8 times or so then finish with a tilt.
A nice cheap way to start a DENs FIRE chain... lol ahahah so Broken!

Q: If you do this too what attack do you normally follow up with?
after spamming down-A.

I use a D-smash or and u-smash sometimes I'll continue the d-tilit

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
D-tilt 3-4 times provided you get off a couple of trips before they DI, then dash attack into U-smash.

S2

Smash Lord
You really shouldn't be getting that many d-tilts in unless your opponent is an idiot.

It can be DIed out of, quite easily, and punished unless your spacing is perfect.

Don't get me wrong, its an awesome move, and a combo starter/juggler... but it's not an auto combo. There are a number of factors: spacing, percentage, stale-move knocback reduction, tripping effect, opponent DI - that'll effect how much you can combo them. In some situations they can break out and punish you realistically on the 2nd hit.

My point is simply to keep the move in mind realistically, spamming it just enough to the point where its going to be an asset (and not a bad habit) in a real competitive match.

But yeah, depending on spacing you can hit them with basically any tilt or smash. The D-tilt is one of Zelda's best moves, just keep in mind its not an auto-combo.

Shade_

Smash Ace
if their super close and tall enough, and if their damage is low enough they trip and can't do anything. Down tilt to dash danced rising back air, or a down tilt to rising f air works to sometimes.

But when they start getting higher damage and start to react faster then I think that f throw to dins fire works well, and down tilt to down smash is pretty good to.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
I usually do d tilt down smash. u can do d tilt more but it can be risky.
at higher % i do down tilt up tilt which is nice since up tilt has nice power and can ko around 100+%

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Get to the wall on such a stage that has a wall, get them next to the wall, spam like hell.

Funny stuff XD

Top Bottom