• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda as a fraud detector?

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I've noticed it is pretty easy to pwn less experienced players with Zelda (not that it's necessarily difficult to pwn with anyone else). I feel that Zelda has the ability to greatly expose a player's bad habits and tendencies, forcing them to either approach or camp, both options may be seen as undesirable.

Playing Zelda can teach people lessons. Discuss, you noobs.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
No sdi out of combos to kick is a thing as zedla and just ruins standard game play most the time. Best choice vs her is to never get close enough where you should shield and just let her weak approach crack her from pressure to advance.

It's super dumb

Also upaired forced a slow tech then edge canceled a nair on dl64 vs fox on the top platform and it comboed into a f-smash on a lower platform everyone in the room went nuts besides the fox who tryed to time out after that.

Last edited:

NASAsocal

Smash Rookie
i beat my first two pools matches at mayhem with Zelda both 2-0, and won the third with marth/zelda while i'm not a main of any character i do agree she exposes bad habits, I find her especially good against ganondorfs

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Zelda is more than fraud detector.

Beating a Marth on FD with Fox is fraud detection. Zelda is like a full on fraud branding iron. Once you've been burned by the searing kiss of losing to Zelda, that mark never goes away. Just ask Kels (love you Kelly plz don't hate me).

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Losing to Zelda definitely stings :( But yeah, I entered singles for the first time going 100% Zelda. It's pretty hard!

7th out of 25... which I'm pretty happy about but I know I'm capable of doing a bit better. I was so close to getting 5th but Fox's up smash. I'm going to having nightmares about red horizontal lines and Sheik soon :(

Results post on Facebook but the bracket was made on a first-name basis. The pools stuff is nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
Top Bottom