• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeitgeist

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
I have indeed seen it. I'm not going to say something like "it opened my eyes." But it definitely made me think... And I will be doing my own research on things brought up in the movie, even though it was very convincing, and I will admit that I have a feeling it could all be true.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
This needs more attention. This movie is very enlightning to everybody and It really made me think about things.

tell everyone you can about this movie and spread it all around.

Ensee

Smash Ace
Just like I thought, all the things said in Christianity and what so many people believe in today, is all false. But this shows you how it is false. Plus it makes many good points on how the government planned 911, and how the media brainwashes people into acting different and doing certain things they should not.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
what exactly did the film convince you of?
I've was a bit skeptical also when watching this movie, but it was definetly worth it. If you are someone who has devoted their life to Christianity, I don't recommend this movie because it makes several good points as to why it's completely false. The last part of the movie is probably the scariest things I've ever seen.
A United North America? Amaero? Chips implanted on people?
Scary world, scary world

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Oh god, I love conspiracy theories.

I'll be pissed if they actually called the NAU currency "the Amero." Might as well just change the name of North America to "Slower Than Europe."

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
A United North America has BEEN under discussion for a while.

As for the 9/11 conspiracy, ****ing bull****. Why is it so hard for people to accept that fanatical terrorists hijacked some planes, and orchestrated the worst act of terrorism on the US.

I think conspiracy theories are just made up because people hate how life is just cut and dry. The moon landing happened, Kennedy was more than likely killed by one guy, and 9/11 was a highly planned by terrorist who hate us for our support of their enemies.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
A United North America has BEEN under discussion for a while.

As for the 9/11 conspiracy, ****ing bull****. Why is it so hard for people to accept that fanatical terrorists hijacked some planes, and orchestrated the worst act of terrorism on the US.

I think conspiracy theories are just made up because people hate how life is just cut and dry. The moon landing happened, Kennedy was more than likely killed by one guy, and 9/11 was a highly planned by terrorist who hate us for our support of their enemies.
Have you actually seen the movie? Probably not because it's two hours long, but at least check out part 2

I was quick to judge also, but I just decided what the hell I'll just check it out, and ****, some pretty convincing evidence

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Seen it. Popular Mechanics went point by point through SEVERAL theories all of which were disproved physically and through engineering.

Seriously, if the government had orchestrated a terror attack that was meant to look like it came from outside sources, do you really think they would have left all these holes were douchebags with Youtube could figure it out?

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I really don't care that much about the 9/11 parts of this movie, although they are very very convincing. I was more interested in parts 1 and 3.
Alright, I want to clarify more about the bit on income taxes
are all the information presented true? Does federal income tax go solely to pay for interest of the federal reserve?

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I want to clarify more about the bit on income taxes
are all the information presented true? Does federal income tax go solely to pay for interest of the federal reserve?
For the people who are still curious for the validity of the tax segment, I believe they have been DEBUNKED

Turns out that zeitgeist got the info from another documentary called "Loose Change" and "America: Freedom to Fascism" using videoclips from the same movies, also citing them as sources-which is strange to site another documentary as a source...

I still support the zeitgeist message, we still need to be capable of critical thinking and question everything~

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I just saw the movie. I dont really feel like talking about 9/11. :rolleyes: (and I have no interest in banking)

Let's see.
The movie said something about the Bible copying it's repetition of 12 from the 12 stars/constalations or something like that. The Bible was written about 1000 B.C. The Babalonians were the ones who created the twelve star thingies. They did it about 500 B.C. So saying the Jews copied is out of the question by a good 500 years.

December 25th. I actually never knew about this, and concede this is probably where we got Jesus' supposed birthday from. But the Bible never mentions a birth date whatsoever so, once again, the New Testament didn't copy that from other myths. What probably happened was that some people later noticed the similarites from the myths and asigned that date as his birthday.

The similarities between Horus the Egyptian god and Jesus aren't as strong as the movie would have you believe, and a quick scan through the internet would prove this. Though both were supposedly born of virgins, Horus did not have twelve followers, was not betrayed, did not die for anyone (though he did die and was brought back to life), did not rise after three days after his death, had no baptism, blah blah. The virgin mother thing was the only similarity I could find with a quick search. Look into any of the gods Jesus is supposed to have been copied from, and it's quite obvious the similarities are greatly exaggerated.

Edit: Oops! Horus didn't die at all. It was Osirus, his father(?) who died and was reborn, but not three days later, mind you.

Oh, and the gospels New Testament was mostly written a good ten years or so after Jesus' death. The Jews were one of the most devout people when it came to their religion. Example: Jewish children, every single one of them, would memorize the first five books of the Bible (even though at that time it wasn't seperated into books and chapters like we have today) at an early age. Though I dont remember, it was definitely before ten, and they would since then memorize the rest of the scriptures by the time they became teenagers. The best of the best of the best were chosen to become Pharisees and everyone else, despite having memorized all of the writings of the Old Testament, would go off and become regular citizens. Farmers, fishermen, blah. So the point that "there is no written evidence of Jesus from Roman scholars" may or may not be true (I didn't look), but judging by the type of people the Jews were, I doubt they could have been so easily fooled like that. Any blashphemy on such an obvious level would have been squashed.

And boooooo at the conspiracy theories. Boooooo. :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The whole anti-Fascism thing is closer and closer to being anti-capitalism more than anything else. Loose Change is why I really hate the internet. ANYONE with video editing, bull**** claims, etc can "expose the government".

The video never once said that it's possible that 9/11 is exactly what it appeared.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
December 25th. I actually never knew about this, and concede this is probably where we got Jesus' supposed birthday from. But the Bible never mentions a birth date whatsoever so, once again, the New Testament didn't copy that from other myths. What probably happened was that some people later noticed the similarites from the myths and asigned that date as his birthday.
Nah, the romans assigned it to around that date in order to help convert the pagans. Same with Easter. The reason it's at that time is that the pagans already had a massive Spring festival, a type of fertility feast. Which is why we have a bunny, since rabbits breed like rabbits are a sign of fertility. This isn't even a conspiracy theory, it's documented. December was a winter festival that they placed Christmas on so people didn't have a hard time adapting as well. There is almost no actual theologian that will disagree with that.

In all honesty, there is a lot of stuff on whether or not Jesus is based on other mythologies, there is a pretty good list here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_and_comparative_mythology#Mythemes_of_the_Biblical_account)

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm sorry if nobody wants to talk about this documentary but I feel it is necessary since we're all involved in this..

I'd just like to say that i have been convinced by this video. So far, from what it seems, I believe we might as well be considered dead, I don't want a life where all of my human rights have become nothing.

Part 3 struck me the most, about the bankers being the actual masterminds of this whole operation. Using fear as their way to dragging people in their trap and using debt as their way to get into government control

I dont know if anybody has proved this documentary wrong, but it sounds pretty solid to me.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm sorry if nobody wants to talk about this documentary but I feel it is necessary since we're all involved in this..

I'd just like to say that i have been convinced by this video. So far, from what it seems, I believe we might as well be considered dead, I don't want a life where all of my human rights have become nothing.

Part 3 struck me the most, about the bankers being the actual masterminds of this whole operation. Using fear as their way to dragging people in their trap and using debt as their way to get into government control

I dont know if anybody has proved this documentary wrong, but it sounds pretty solid to me.
http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/Personal/taxes/F2F.htm
Click the link, it has things going against another film that zeitgeist takes its ideas from

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
The similarities between Horus the Egyptian god and Jesus aren't as strong as the movie would have you believe, and a quick scan through the internet would prove this.
if you read the website, it clearly states most of the info found cannot be easily found through a quick search.

Top Bottom