• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeitgeist: Addendum

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys, few of you may have seen this movie, some of you may have heard about it or about the first one(which you should see but its not needed to see this one) and most of you have no idea what this is.

First, the link for the impatient ones: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...i=SiUFSdK1FZHuqAKLscz1AQ&q=zeitgeist+addendum

The first movie was great, but this one will blow your mind open.

I want you people to watch it when you can, and then tell me what you think of it, and maybe even form a discussion about it.

Here is a brief description, taken from wiki

Zeitgeist: Addendum, a 2008 documentary film produced by Peter Joseph, is a continuation of the film Zeitgeist, the Movie.[1] The film includes conspiracy theories[citation needed] regarding the Federal Reserve System in the United States, the CIA, corporate America and others, concluding with the advocating of the Venus Project, created by social engineer Jacque Fresco. The movie premiered at the 5th Annual Artivist Film Festival in Los Angeles, California on October 2, 2008, and was released free online on October 4, 2008.[2] According to director Peter Joseph, the film "attempts to locate the root causes of this pervasive social corruption, while offering a solution".[3] In conclusion, Addendum stresses the need for belief systems to embrace the ideas of emergence and interdependence and outlines concrete steps that can be taken to weaken the monetary system[4].

Discolicious

Smash Apprentice
If it's anything like the first one I'm excited to watch it but it's late so I'll catch it tomorrow. Thanks for posting this

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
:link: is broken. Though I remember knowing I should hate this Zeitgeist thing.

I.B

Smash Lord
This is a really good watch. Exposes some pretty ridiculous **** about the system.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Jesus, are that many of you really conspiracy theorists?

These videos and others of their ilk are a bunch of BS with a couple facts sprinkled in here and there.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If this is in the debate hall, I'd ban the person who posted it.

The first one was a mesh of bull**** that was built of facts that tried to capture people in sensationalism. I can guess this will do the same.

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
Link should be fixed on the first post now.

If this is in the debate hall, I'd ban the person who posted it.

The first one was a mesh of bull**** that was built of facts that tried to capture people in sensationalism. I can guess this will do the same.
You are way off base: I'll try and give a summary of this one

This movie is not about conspiracy theories and those kind of bull****s, this is a four part documentary. This movie goes mor ein depth on the subject of the third part in the first movie:

part 1: this explains how the monetary system works, how money is created out of thin air, who controls it, why it will inevitably fail in time, why the external debt could never be paid off. For example:

hypothetically speaking, lets say there is absolutely no money, and the usa needs $10 to run the country, where does it get it? well the Fed(federal reserve bank) comes in and says, well I'll loan you the $10, so they create money out of thin air(the money is literally created from nowhere, it has no real value) and loan it to you, now you must at some time pay this money back to them, WITH INTEREST, so you have to pay $11, but there are only $10 in existence, so you could never get that $1 extra dollar to pay the interest, so what do you do? you take another loan, and so on and so forth, thus creating inflation until the economy collapses under its own weight of debt. Kind of like how its happening right now on wall street.

part 2: Its an interview to an Ex-CIA agent, he describes the work that he used to do, which is basically being an economy hitman, which means his job was going into countries where the leaders were actually trying to help the people, for example by taking profits from oil selling and giving it to the people for a better quality of life, and the usa didn't like that cause it showed the world that it can work that way, so what did they do? they sent in the economy hitman which basically went there and tried to corrupt the leader of the country, by giving him huge loans that they cannot pay back, and thus making them their slaves, how? for example, they would go to a country, make it fall in debt and then when they can't pay it off, they say well then sell me your oil really cheap, etc... But what if the leader cannot be corrupted? well in the interviewee's own words, "we sent in the jackals" which basically had two objectives, either cause a revolt, a coupe, and overthrow the leader by convincing the people that he was a bad leader or simply assassinating the leader, and he gives two examples, of when he himself failed to corrupt two leaders, one of ecuador and another of bolivia I think, well, the leader of ecuador refused and two weeks later died in a plane crash, the bolivian leader refused and two weeks later died in a plane crash, hmmmm...

Now what happens if the jackal fails? "As a last measure we send the military" which he explains is what they did in Iraq to get hussein, they couldn't make him their bitcch, they couldn't kill him cause they trained him and he knew how the CIA operates, and so they sent in the military.

Part 3: Is about Jacque Fresco and his Venus Project, I can't explain it, cause I would make it sound like another Uthopic Idea, but its so much more than that.

Part 4: Well, its a conclusion to the movie, and some ideas on how to help.

So you see, the only thing relating to conspiracy theories is part 2, and its no theory, its an interview of a man describing what he used to do for the CIA

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
You are way off base: I'll try and give a summary of this one

blahblahblah
So your post essentially just admitted that it was a hodge podge of conspiracy theories thrown together with a sprinkling of fact here and there to drive the sensationalist conspiracy theorists such as yourself?

Do you really believe that if the big theories presented in this video were true, some Joe Schmoe or John Doe on the internet could throw a bunch of videos and pictures together and reveal something? Do you think that national economics and global finance can be accurately explained to the average person in a sensationalist fashion through a short video with a few flashy visuals?

Please. This does nothing but cater to the pandering "the Man has a super secret agenda" or "the Man is out to get us" individuals that lap up every non-mainstream theory they hear.

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
So your post essentially just admitted that it was a hodge podge of conspiracy theories thrown together with a sprinkling of fact here and there to drive the sensationalist conspiracy theorists such as yourself?

Do you really believe that if the big theories presented in this video were true, some Joe Schmoe or John Doe on the internet could throw a bunch of videos and pictures together and reveal something? Do you think that national economics and global finance can be accurately explained to the average person in a sensationalist fashion through a short video with a few flashy visuals?

Please. This does nothing but cater to the pandering "the Man has a super secret agenda" or "the Man is out to get us" individuals that lap up every non-mainstream theory they hear.
People like you are the reason the corporations(not the government) can get away with the things they do. Its people like you, who form an opinion about a documentary that you haven't even watched yet.

Heres a tip: When you want to make an opinion on a subject, read about it, search about it, watch it, see it from different points of view, LISTEN!!! then let it swirl around your head and finally, form your opinion.

If after watching this movie, making some research on veracity and anything else you want, you still think its bull****, then so be it, but at least figure it out on your own, don't judge things you know nothing about, thats prejudice.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I've seen and/or researched videos like this before, including the first Zeitgeist.

I'm not going to waste my time with similar things. If you want to learn about how the world works, you're better off reading books or newspapers. They may be harder to digest and take longer to go through, but you'll be infinitely better informed than if you watch this (extremely slanted) video.

You've gotta be able to "triage" information sources. If I know it'll be a waste of my time (like this video), I'm not going to watch it. If it's something that I think may be legitimately informative (or that legitimate sources have determined is accurate or informative), then I will take the time to read or watch it.

Don't tell me how to "research" things or "form an opinion". I bet I'm much better at it than you are. And with that, I'm done with this thread.

zerodownhm

Smash Apprentice
I've seen and/or researched videos like this before, including the first Zeitgeist.

I'm not going to waste my time with similar things. If you want to learn about how the world works, you're better off reading books or newspapers. They may be harder to digest and take longer to go through, but you'll be infinitely better informed than if you watch this (extremely slanted) video.

You've gotta be able to "triage" information sources. If I know it'll be a waste of my time (like this video), I'm not going to watch it. If it's something that I think may be legitimately informative (or that legitimate sources have determined is accurate or informative), then I will take the time to read or watch it.

Don't tell me how to "research" things or "form an opinion". I bet I'm much better at it than you are. And with that, I'm done with this thread.
Again, thats just prejudice, saying this video is like others like it, how the **** can you know what its like if you haven't seen it? Im not here telling people to believe what this video says, no normal person should believe everything they are told. Just the same as no normal person should believe something out of popular opinion, you know, like you are claiming to do. You won't watch it unless some legitimate source says you should, well who are these legitimate sources? The media? hahaha...

Im not undervaluing books, though the news I would have to say no, simply because the news is filtered crap, I have the internet when I want to find real ****, and not newspapers and books that may as well be "extremely slanted". I like to get my information from all sides before deciding what is right and what is wrong.

Anyways, keep digesting what your popular sources tell you to read, I on the other hand like to judge for myself and decide whether something is legit or not. I don't believe in everything this movie claims, but it gave new insight into the system, it gave me new information for me to process and question.

Either way, you don't need to watch the movie, but if you don't try not to discredit it out of prejudice. Thats just plain ignorant.

So long kid...

Top Bottom