• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zard's B on Ledge

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I have never been more angered by a death than one caused by Charizard using his neutral B on me while I'm recovering.

I need help, you guys.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Well, not directly, but it sometimes deals enough unnecessary damage for me to say that it essentially takes a stock.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Instead of trying to SDI through it, try SDI'ing down and out of it and then sweetspotting with your recovery once the Flamethrower gets decayed.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Is there a punishment for repeatedly jumping off and then re-grabbing the ledge, such as a laggier get-up, or something?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Is there a punishment for repeatedly jumping off and then re-grabbing the ledge, such as a laggier get-up, or something?
Nope, there isn't. The only time where you can have differences in ledge options is when your % is greater than or equal to 100%. For example, you have a quicker ledge roll animation when your % is < 99% than when your % is greater than or equal to 100%. This goes for all "standard" ledge options that don't involve letting go of the edge (edge get-up attack, edge jump, edge roll, and edge stand up.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Are you sure Brawl's bug that gives you extra lag for using UP B offstage has been removed from PM? In Brawl, if you use your up B offstage and it's one of many that has special landing, you will receive some of that lag the first time you feet touch the ground if you recover by releasing the ledge and double jumping onto stage. There was a fancy term for it. If that's still in the game, that would qualify as a penalty for falling from the ledge and regrabbing it with upB.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Are you sure Brawl's bug that gives you extra lag for using UP B offstage has been removed from PM? In Brawl, if you use your up B offstage and it's one of many that has special landing, you will receive some of that lag the first time you feet touch the ground if you recover by releasing the ledge and double jumping onto stage. There was a fancy term for it. If that's still in the game, that would qualify as a penalty for falling from the ledge and regrabbing it with upB.
I know what you're talking about and I've also forgotten the name of it, but that has been removed from PM.

Top Bottom