• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zair?

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
I was browsing through the samus boards yesterday when I decided to read a guide they have they there. Long story short, they mentionned her zair and how they used it for spacing.

I was wondering whether Zamus's Zair is of any use. I know I've never seen anyone use it, and I'm absolutely sure I've never even tried out the move. Sadly, I can't verify its properties at the moment, seeing as I borrow my copy of SSBB to my friend for some time. Could anyone help me here?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Zamus is not her name dammit.
Zamus refers to the insular fighting game character and implied moveset that corresponds loosely to the video game character known as Samus Aran.

If we were to refer to this character and moveset by the name of the character to which it corresponds, then there would be a lot of confusion, because that name--Samus Aran--is the name of a character with two corresponding fighting game characters and movesets, so when I refer to her, which moveset am I talking about?

Yes, Zamus is not the name of the character, Samus Aran, but neither are Zero Suit Samus or ZSS. These are not used because they are her names. They are used because they distinguish this moveset from the Varia Suit moveset, traditionally referred to as Samus.

Just a thought. :p

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Yes, Zamus is not the name of the character, Samus Aran, but neither are Zero Suit Samus or ZSS. These are not used because they are her names. They are used because they distinguish this moveset from the Varia Suit moveset, traditionally referred to as Samus.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/zerosuit_samus.html
Page search for "Zamus": 0 hits.

Game producer Masahiro Sakurai provides us with a handy knowledge base that he wrote himself. The name corresponding to Samus Aran sans power suit is Zero Suit Samus.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Game producer Masahiro Sakurai provides us with a handy knowledge base that he wrote himself. The name corresponding to Samus Aran sans power suit is Zero Suit Samus.
And Zamus is a portmanteau of that name, widely used by many ZSS mains in spoken jargon because of it's comparative ease of pronunciation. This is similar to saying that blog isn't the word we use to refer to web log.

I also think it's safe to say **** Masahiro Sakurai. If he thinks tripping is valid, then I wouldn't look to him as the final authority in anything Smash.

I could do this all day.

Adapt

Smash Lord
thats cuz almost no one uses 0SS...
ZSS, Zamus, or Zero Suit Samus are by far the most common

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
And Zamus is a portmanteau of that name, widely used by many ZSS mains in spoken jargon because of it's comparative ease of pronunciation. This is similar to saying that blog isn't the word we use to refer to web log.

I also think it's safe to say **** Masahiro Sakurai. If he thinks tripping is valid, then I wouldn't look to him as the final authority in anything Smash.

I could do this all day.
It may be a portmanteau, but it's a stupid portmanteau, and we have better ones. /discussion

Top Bottom