• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zair... hopping..?

Kati

Smash Lord
I feel like we need a sticky thread just for zair lol

Air-dodging up and grappling (before seeing the air dodge animation) propels Samus very high in a similar fashion to the glide toss. If someone could refer me to the official term, that'd be cool.

From my tests in the training room, zair hopping goes higher than the screw attack (but can't grab the ledge at the apex). I have found two situational uses for this below the stage: poking at a height of the ledge and landing on it, and poking people standing about a platforms width or more away from the ledge. The latter requires a stage like battlefield, FD, or PS1 where Samus can start the grapple under the ledge without automatically grappling it (hugging the wall and riding up the curve).

Discuss, verify, scoff, employ it outside of the lab.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
It still doesn't feel like it acts the way it does in melee, but that's ok.
Samus' zair is very useful as a spacing tool in P:M, I'm a fan of it.
Good for interrupting approaches that go through missiles (missiles also have slower start up, so w/e)
It'd be awesome if it had more stun/kb though.

Kati

Smash Lord
Well yeah, it acts quite differently. I haven't tested the landing lag, or tried to replicate anything from melee obviously, but just having a decent hitbox now gives different applications.

Top Bottom