• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zair/AT's

Veng

Smash Ace
I hear a lot of people say Zair is one of his top moves/attacks. so I got on and tried it and dont see what the use is. I also want to know how do you use his grab effectivley since its super slow.

Time to take my TL to a competitive level I guess, but what advanced techniques are most important?

Also about arrows, do you guys use em a lot? I tend to pull out a bomb then boomerang and throw the bomb. Of course Some one told me not to throw bombs sideways but up or down...

TLMarth

Smash Ace
ze = 'french' pronunciation of 'the'

You'll find my thread quite confusing, unless the 'Sticky in the Sticky' helps.
So.
Zair is used in a short hop.
It has to be timed so that you hit the ground right after it extends to its full length.
Usually one airdodges before it, then presses A to use it.
So you would jump, airdodge, then wait a bit, then use it.
If you use this method you can zair while holding a bomb.
Which leads to VG combo! (<-lols)
This thread I think solves some of your problems:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182433

If all else fails watch some vids of santi, vietgeek, sasukebowser, quivo
(Those are the ones I can remember off the top of mah head.)

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Ze is french >_> for the... but yea zair is great...
*lulz at memories*

But throwing a bomb at ur opponet to either mindgame to combo or to acctually combo is good.
So throwing one horizontal is not better or worse than throwing it up or down.

Veng

Smash Ace
thanks everyone.. i actually did read the sticky but i never get anything out of them.

Basically what i learned today was.

Zair ( shield grab way ), SHDA, bomb recovery and thats about it. Is there anything thats usefull that I still need to learn? I even watched that one video showing some techniques but in the sticky in the sticky thread it says.. "Important techniques" then "advanced techniques" so I dont know which ones... are really usefull for me right now.. since im not gonna be use like 'short hop double arrow flamingo kick head shot' when you first start out

iRjOn

Smash Lord
The important techniques are projectile usage, SHDA, bombing like a pro, ranging like a pro, zair usage (how ever u prefer), and RAR.

Everything else is kinda extra, I believe.
I think these are most important...>_>

Top Bottom