• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YYG- Cheap?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I play smash against my roomie. If I'm not playing IC, I'm playing Ness. I was going against him and I thunder Jacket KOed him. He said, that does instant KOs(mind you he was at 140)?". I said, " what? Yo-yo glitch?" and he said, "a glitch... what else...?" in a silent john-like manner, showing his disapproval.

My question is, Is YYG cheap? You can grab/attack from across the screen w/ Deathline and Jackets kinda make Ness invincible. He hates that I find exploits that help enhance my game.

Still, the more I think about it, it could not be a glitch. They made Ness's head larger for Melee, which is the vulnerable part of him during jackets and it's a pretty long process to pull out. How much sense does it make to just drop a hitbox after usmashing?

My friends think it's cheap but I don't see how. Explain plz.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
It's a glitch!
and: Your friend can shield the yoyo glitch so Ness' Thunder Jacket won't do his job.

One time, I had 3 (!!!) Thunder Jackets in one match (4 stock each) and lost the match, though.

Metà

Smash Master
The definition of the word 'cheap' is mostly opinionated anyway, so if he thinks it's 'cheap', let him call it that. What bugs me is not when people call me cheap, it's when people think I'm a lesser player for using things like infinites and chainthrows. Use everything to your advantage, and don't let other people get you down because they think you're cheap. If you win, just remember, you won, and that's what matters in the end.

molopo

Smash Rookie
Chain throws and infinites are a little unfair, but I wouldn't call someone cheap just because they use them. Plus, YYG is pretty hard to pull off in the middle of a match, and it's his fault for letting it happen.

pdk

Smash Lord
setting it up is too predictable and time-consuming, that's what the other player gets for not paying attention

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
*Dislikes people calling stuff like that cheap*

Its far too hard to do consistently against somone skilled, unless he only has one arm or is missing a few fingers, he shouldn't complain.

Your friend probably isn't too great and he just falls vicitim to the suck factor.

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
ness has such a disadvantage against....hmm.....everyone accept bottom tier....so anything cool that ness can do is definately not cheap at all

i dont understand....are you trying to convince your friend that the YYG is an easter egg???

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Cheap is Peach. Rearrange the letters in cheap and peach. *cough

as for the YYG, I STILL can't do it. I can't do it at WILL, but I have done it from accident from time to time, but I just can't get the durn thing down. I don't even know HOW I do it sometimes. It just does.

but it takes planning to do so, you can't just pop one off as easy as a simple tilt, you have to prepare for it, then execute the necessary moves for it. Anyone who is skilled and knows how to avoid it, can, and will stop you.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Rofl.

If he's your friend.

As in somebody you have and will play more than once.

And they know the YYG exists, and cant stop it.

I have no clue what to tell you, lol.

__

Tell him to go play MvC2 and figure out what cheap is. >.<

Terrorking91

Smash Cadet
The ness YYG is cheap -_- Jesus it's like someone useing the freeze glitch on you dude. If you use a GLITCH to win then it is cheap. Or think of you being on Cornaria and samus uses her bomb and you d-tilt it and you fall through the stage and die o.o

So for those who said it's just an excuse, your wrong. That is cheap if you did it on purpose. But if the glitch happened without you trying to do it then w/e.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, see, cheap implies that the cost is less than the thing in question is actually worth. You're confusing it being cheating with it being cheap. I don't contend that it is actually a glitch and not intended by the original programming(though I think some people have asserted something like that to me, in the past). But I think the usefulness of the move is in fact matches, if not overweighs, the effort and difficulty of pulling off the move. Cheating? Probably more than a little, yeah. Cheap? No. No I don't think so.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
good call dogysamich.

edit: i can't pull yyg's out in matches to save my life, and if i do i always mess up equipping jackets.
my shinespiking needs a lot of work, but can i do it easily? way easier than yyg that's for sure. yyg = cheap? pssh hardly. plus too, everybody i play knows about it, so they expect it coming and go uber attack mode when i try to equip in order to mess up the process further -- even tho they already expect me to mess it up anyway.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yes, a yoyo is VERY unfair, but an attack that can be canceled in 5 frames, has set knockback, and give said character invincibility is fair. *sigh*

Top Bottom