• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YUM YUM! A non-Falco combo video by Mogwai

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I've been trying to make a Falco combo video for a month or so now, but I just like playing randoms too much :p.

After Wednesday night at PoF's house, I decided that I was gonna make something out of all my random characters just for the hell of it, and I'm pretty happy with the result. Rest assured that my Falco combo vid will have much more impressive stuff in it, but in the meantime, enjoy what I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqVEOQwXj04

Feel free to leave any tips you might have so that when I'm making the Falco vid, it's as good as can be. Thanks to all who watch :).

4% APR

Smash Champion
haha good stuff wesley. It looks like you and I have the same problem. We should definitely do a random mm next tourney we both go to.

JFox

Smash Hero
some clips were real good, others were just ehh. Like for example, a one hit move such as a meteor spike with mewtwo, isn't something worth watching. Not that it didnt feel cool as hell when you hit it, its just not too entertaining. On the other hand, tech chases that are really solid (ones that you don't see someone holding their shield up in between chases) look really good. I noticed a few of em in here.

So I know this was just a fun thing for you to put together, and they aren't even your mains. I would just say for your Falco vid, make sure that all of the clips are really solid. Also the longer a clip, the better, so long as its a good clip. Like a quick but awesome gimp is less impressive than a gimp that is awesome and also took a few hits to accomplish (but is still unavoidable) looks better, even if the gimp is just as effective either way. Im rambling.

Bottom line- All killer, no filler. Take your time, and put in the work. Don't rush it. As far as music goes, I find fast paced music more exciting than slow stuff. Often techno makes for good combo music, but also power metal/progessive metal can be good. Hope this helps.

Oh, and good vid.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
haha good stuff wesley. It looks like you and I have the same problem. We should definitely do a random mm next tourney we both go to.
we will iron man mm :).

some clips were real good, others were just ehh. Like for example, a one hit move such as a meteor spike with mewtwo, isn't something worth watching. Not that it didnt feel cool as hell when you hit it, its just not too entertaining. On the other hand, tech chases that are really solid (ones that you don't see someone holding their shield up in between chases) look really good. I noticed a few of em in here.

So I know this was just a fun thing for you to put together, and they aren't even your mains. I would just say for your Falco vid, make sure that all of the clips are really solid. Also the longer a clip, the better, so long as its a good clip. Like a quick but awesome gimp is less impressive than a gimp that is awesome and also took a few hits to accomplish (but is still unavoidable) looks better, even if the gimp is just as effective either way. Im rambling.

Bottom line- All killer, no filler. Take your time, and put in the work. Don't rush it.
Yea, mostly true, though I still like the nair -> meteor gimp with Mewtwo. Also, when trying to make a video sync up with the music, having short clips for padding is very useful IMO.

As far as music goes, I find fast paced music more exciting than slow stuff. Often techno makes for good combo music, but also power metal/progessive metal can be good. Hope this helps.
Music in Combo Videos is mostly preference. There are some big "no no"s, but as long as it fits the combo video, it's all good. I personally like my music choice in this one, but I'm not sure if you're saying this one didn't work or if you're just giving general advice.

And for reference, I'm most likely going to be using some Hip Hop for my Falco Combo video.

Oh, and good vid.
Thanks. We need to play more, <3 playing your Peach.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Sick video...very nice combos.
Thanks! Also your sig makes me so happy :)

Also, I just want to throw this out there:

How sick would it have been if I didn't completely forget that shine spiking existed on that one stock vs. Falco where I caught his phantasm with the flames of firefox?

Cause I think that would've been the most impressive sequence if I had just done that :urg:

TheLake

Smash Master
Yeah i thought thats what you were going for and i like held my breath while thinking "SNAP!"

But the freakin knee that came later more than made up for it (I know i "came " thats for sure *chukles* err...)

I liked it though wesley, pweeze make more (:

C!Z

Smash Lord
What combos...? I think you have the wrong definition for combo. This was just playing with a few exceptions. You look decent but you need to watch a real combo video so you know what should be in one.

Top Bottom