• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yuba City Tournament - 3/18/07

Delphiki

Smash Champion
The last one had standard NCB/SBW rules, and it was officially run by QTP (I think) but I did the seeding, brackets, and announced most of the matches. Time wasn't a problem because we had a kinda small turnout. Setups are all provided by the venue, I think there are only 4 though.

QTP can give you more info on how they do things, I've only been there once.

Oh and now I see the rules are in the first post.

edit: Gas money donations are my specialty. :)

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
Exited, I am. Very much!

Zoap, although I'll be driving myself to and from the event, I wouldn't mind coughing up some gas money for your drive home.

Time to go back to class. See you guys Sunday.

The Game II

Smash Champion
****, I guess I'll have to save gas money for this.

what about video taping and taking pictures of people at the venue for the web site? If it's a no, I'm not going, but no pressure :)

--GCII

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
I'm sure pictures would be alright. You might have to supply some to the owner's of powerplay so they can use them.

I read someone saying this is 2 hours away???? Where do you live? It's 1 hour away from sac, anywhere past that add the time it takes you to get to sac.

The turn out for this one is looking a lot better even without sac players coming, but most are noobs. So if you like spanking noobs out of your way this is definately the tournament for you.

Delph, still need to get more tips for IC's from you, so I hope you can make it.

To everyone else I would be willing to have another STD at my place if anyone is interested let me know on here asap. Only prerequisite is no eating from my fridge this time, sorry but it's empty anyways so. :p

Well I hope to see a few familiar faces at this one, and if ANBU or TC1 make it try and bring that anime, if you can't try to give it to someone that can make it because I need to get my anime fix.

Oh and how about that opening and closing theme from naruto shippuuden?! Bad *** IMO.

Zoap

Smash Master
lol smashboards is lame deleting my post.

but i basically said i live in antioch=1hr20min from sac+1 hr to yuba from sac=2hrs 20min
meaning if this tourney was gonna be a whack 4FFA Items on high emphasis on hearts then it wouldnt be worth my time.

razor_brutality

Smash Rookie
edit: This is Delphiki

Standard rules, double elim.

X we won't eat your food this time. lol

rofl "The spider, did not make a web. Instead it made, a hammock." :laugh:

Zoap what are you doing on Saturday? We can spend the night at X's house then go to the tourney on Sunday. Doesn't make much of difference to me.

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
Zoap: pm's.

Wow, I'm way too excited about this. I've had to have checked this thread a million times over today. Alone.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey Zoap about what time will you be picking everyone up tomorrow?

When you find out please PM me, catch me on AIM, or give me a call at 916-362-3310.

Oh yeah DRGN can't go, so there is an extra seat.

Zoap

Smash Master
sigh got to love when your parents change their mind at the last minute.

A huge srry to all the ppl who were hyped about me attending, ill try the next time for sure.

Another huge srry to Del, DRGN, KOF and NK I'll make it up to you guys at the Sac biweekly by paying for your singles entry fees :)

So if you havent figured it out, I will be unable to attend today srry :(

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
It's sad to know that you guys weren't able to make it.
**** your parents Zoap!!

Final Standings:

1.Evil
2.QTP
3.Gregory
4.Robert
5.SamuraiX
5.Kyle
7.Matt
7.Lance
9.FRGY
9.Andrew
9.Travis
9.Michael
13.Mordecai
13.Mitsaru
13.Trevor B.
13.Trevor H.

Hope to make it at Biweeklies so i can play against you guys.

-QTP

QTP

2 stocked, then 3 stocked.
I was playing well until Finals, then Evil kept me stuck with SHFFL Neutral B, Shine, L-cancel, DAir, Repeat.

The Finals matches will be posted on www.getyourtournament.com.
I wouldn't recommand watching it, because i was horrible.haha. :p

-QTP

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Huh. I ask because DRGN and I almost had another ride but my roommate threw a bigass fit when I told him Zoap couldn't take him and I wouldn't give him $15 for gas and his entry fee. 0_o. It was so gay, I said he could have $20 and pay me back $10 and he still got mad. wtf

Was Evil there last time? Or was he expected and didn't show or something? I think I remember you guys talking about him. I'm pretty sure either DRGN or I would've taken this if we had gone with my roommate. I figured QTP won it but alas.

Zoap

Smash Master
Lol Ill prob go to DG IV on the 16th leave early in the mourning on the 17th to PKs tourney then dbl back maybe to Yuba City on the 18th?!?! Thatd be pretty nutz lol

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Doubling back to Park's tourney would be a lot less driving.....but your choice. Can I tag along if you decide to go to either of those? omg that would be so sick...three tournaments.

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
Awesome.

Tony, Do you have mvc2? You mentioned it and I saw the stick, but I wasn't sure if you actually had a copy of the game. We should play.

QTP

ver2: yeah he does.

Where is the DG IV and PK's tourney at??

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Wow....best smilie ever...seriously. That should be the

:holysh¡tIchecktheboardsandhellatourneysarehappeningthisisawesomeIhopeIcangetaride:

smilie.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
OK so it looks like I'll be taking the TAB this weekend, then next weekend it's DG IV, then Park's Tourney, the Yuba--that is if I can make it.

QTP

dam, i wish i would be able to make it to DG IV, PK's tourney, Yuba.

Curse Employment!!! :p

-QTP

Delphiki

Smash Champion
When I got hired I immediately told my boss to give me Saturdays off. I have only had to work on a Saturday once. You're coming to DG IV though right? And then working on Saturday?

DRGN

Technowizard
OK so it looks like I'll be taking the TAB this weekend, then next weekend it's DG IV, then Park's Tourney, the Yuba--that is if I can make it.
O_o ....Eh-HEM..

I wouldn't be announcing things just yet.. I'd say you have around a 45% chance at taking it.
(93% of that estimation is skill-level/historically based, and the other 7% is a secret weapon. :grin:) I think it'll be pretty close...

Zoap: If you're still considering going to any other tourneys next weekend and have any extra seats, i'd be happy to fill one of 'em for ya. :)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Danny the only other tournament this weekend is PKid's in San Jose. Somehow I don't think Zoap likes the idea of driving two extra hours both ways.

Top Bottom