• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yuba City Tournament - 3/18/07

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
Date:March 18th, 2007

Time: 3:30 pm

Place:
Powerplay Game Lounge
795 Plumas St.
Yuba City, CA 95991

The Rules:

Singles Rules:
(MLG Format)
( The 6 neutral stages)
(2 out of 3 matches)
(1 level ban per person - Optional)
(8 min, 4 stock)
(Random Stages & Slob Picks)

Doubles Rules: (If there are enough people to play doubles)
(Team Attack On)
(4 Stock)
(Random Stage - Untill Counter Picked)
(MLG Legal Stages)
(Life Steal Legal)
(8 Min Time Limit)

Prize:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Entry Fee :
Singles - $5
Doubles - $10 per team (again if teams happen)

We'll need 2 cubes and copies of smash and memory cards.

There will be 4 tv's and i'm providing 2 cubes and accessories.

I'll keep a list of who's all attending.

Thanks,

SamuraiX

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
i think I don't trust samuraiX... but if I have the day off, I'll go. I'll let you know on thursday.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
my bad. I trust samuraiX. Not QTP. Just kidding. Kinda. If I can go, I will. Again, I shall let you all know on thursday.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think the rules should include both advanced counterpicks and more stages. No counterpick stages? WTF?!?

And I'll be coming if I can get a ride.

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
i think I don't trust samuraiX... but if I have the day off, I'll go. I'll let you know on thursday.

Lol, I was sitting here thinking wait a sec what did I do here?

Ok so rules are updated, I just copyed and pasted rules off of TC1's biweekly rules because I liked the format the best and I am too lazy to write them all down myself. If there are any rules that you would like to see or just like to see changed let me know and I will do my best to make everything fair.

Hope to see a lot of people there, if people need rides let me know at least by thursday so I know who i can and cannot pick up.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
See, there was SUPPOSED to be a tournament a few weeks ago that you guys scheduled over a month in advance, we show up and there's no tournament. That's why the Yuba city people aren't trustworthy.

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
I totally understand but I had nothing to do with the posting of that tournament, and QTP honestly did not mean to leave you guys hanging. I believe it was a mix of too many people not RSVPing and also the lack of numbers at the recent tournaments that have been there. That is why we want this one to be good.

I am giving you full confirmation, on my honor, that this tournament IS going to happen. We were also planning on having anyone that wants to come over to my place on saturday night and have a smash all night and then head to the tournament afterwards.

I fully understand that you guys feel wronged about the tournament before, so let us make it up to you by making this smash tournament be a great one. Please anyone near the area head to this and make this one to remember.

Also please try and RSVP if possible, pm me or post on here and I will try and keep a list.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
Well thanks SamuraiX, I couldn't say it better myself.
Don't blame me.
Blame society.
Can't wait till the tourney.
Late.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
okay. I'm a reasonable person, and I guess yuba folks are on my good side again. Now I really really hope I can actually make it to the tourney at least.

The Game II

Smash Champion
If I can't make it, can someone e-mail me or pm me with the results when its over? I'd like to put it up on my site. Thanks.

dreamcastremix at cs dot com

--GCII

Delphiki

Smash Champion
X, if you give me the brackets afterwards, then I'll get them up on Tio and send them to GCII.

And if I don't show you can give them to Tyde or Tomi or anyone else that shows from Sac.

Oh and I'm definitely up to go to SBWVI, then X's StD, then the Yuba tourney. That would be ****ing great. Anyone up for it?

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
I can bring 2 people to yuba city with me QTP and Sean. If anyone needs a ride, and then anyone else that wants to head down can follow me. We have two tv's and two cubes there already so if anyone wants to bring more feel free.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring a Cube if I go. Hmmm Tyde are you going to this? Can I get a ride?
i told you I would know on thursday whether or not I could go. But if I can, I have 4 spots to give in my car. Tom has a spot, and I'll reserve another for you. But I may be working so don't get too excited. Actually, I only give it a 20% chance of getting that day off, so we'll see.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Better than nothing. We stopped by your apartment today (DRGN and I) but you weren't home. We were walking by on our way home so we decided to see if you were there. Oh yeah and we say your friend working at Fair Game. I think his name's Danny..

Anyways, I think Nova should be taking this tourney.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
If Tyde says yes then its a yes for me. If not...Eh, I dunno. I might take that last spot you have open for a ride to Yuba City.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
drumroll please. tyde says....

no. Gotta work at 10 am. Good luck to any of my teammates who enter.

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
Alright so pretty much no one is coming now that the master cannot make it right? Lol, jk.

But honestly I think this is what happened to QTP last time and that's why he didn't have the tournament so please if you are coming let me know so this tournament can still happen.

QTP

well, actually one of our friends is going to the tourney in rancho cordova and can take 3 people with him back to Yuba City for the Smashfest, then the tourney in YC. If anyone would like to come, let me know.

-QTP

Evil

Smash Apprentice
well, actually one of our friends is going to the tourney in rancho cordova and can take 3 people with him back to Yuba City for the Smashfest, then the tourney in YC. If anyone would like to come, let me know.

-QTP
so the smash fest is going to be at yuor friends house where we were last time? Well i'm in YC right now at my friends house playing smash because he needs pratice since he hasn't played in like 3 months.... he just got back from Japan... also powerplay dosent have it listed so are you sure its happening?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Results up soon guys, I'm converting the brackets to Tio now.

OK there was a small problem in the way I did losers placement. Basically, I should have faced TC1 and DRGN should have faced Anbu, but what happened was that I faced DRGN and TC1 face Anbu. Because of that mistake, I won't be able to place the results on Tio. I'll get the bracket done up anyways though.

1. Kev Money
2. NintendoKing
3. TC1
4. DRGN
5. Delphiki
5. Anbu
7. Samurai X
7. Josh
9. Chris
9. Mike

QTP

Cleaning up puke wasn't.
haha.
had a fun weekend.
realized how much of a noob I am.
NK and Kev$, good time at Denny's, and say **** you to Dollar Tree and Target. haha.
Delphiki, thanks for helping me out with the brackets for the YC tourney.
everyone else, your ****ing gay little *****es that ****ing need to die in their sleep.
i'll also piss on your face while your unconscious.
**** your mothers in their *******s until their tants bleeds, then has a rectal infection.

haha. Just kidding, i thought i would throw that out.
you guys are cool.

-QTP

Zoap

Smash Master
Delphiki i think you can move players around in the losers bracket on tio, ill check that.

Also i may be there maybe lol

Zoap

Smash Master
k lol i need ten characters or something like that, this is two hrs away, can someone tell me how these things run(Rules, The TO(Simna right?), Setups, Time allotted for the tournament etc.) K laters OMG and if i do go ill give some rides for some gas money donations(low on cash need some to enter tourney ^.^;;;)

Top Bottom